Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to play flac 24/96 and 24/192 on a USB and it wouldn't play those files only the MP3's on the ICT not pro.

I hope they didn't put a krap Dac in the ICT and maybe I am doing something wrong. Or maybe my Flac files are just too high bit

·
Registered
204 Posts
I tried to play flac 24/96 and 24/192 on a USB and it wouldn't play those files only the MP3's on the ICT not pro.

I hope they didn't put a krap Dac in the ICT and maybe I am doing something wrong. Or maybe my Flac files are just too high bit
Not sure why yours doesn't work. I filled a 250gb SSD with Flac files of all kinds and connected it to the USB port, and they played perfectly. Only problem is, the Nav unit wouldn't work as long as the SSD was connected. If I'm in town and don't need the Nav I can play the Flac files.

Oh, BTW, I have ICTP.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Not sure why yours doesn't work. I filled a 250gb SSD with Flac files of all kinds and connected it to the USB port, and they played perfectly. Only problem is, the Nav unit wouldn't work as long as the SSD was connected. If I'm in town and don't need the Nav I can play the Flac files.

Oh, BTW, I have ICTP.
That's my fear is the ICT has a different DAC. If so atleast I have a Aux to plug my Meridian Explorer into. Can anyone confirm that has only the ICT that is does not play flac?

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's my fear is the ICT has a different DAC. If so atleast I have a Aux to plug my Meridian Explorer into. Can anyone confirm that has only the ICT that is does not play flac?
I would bet it plays .flac files of 48khz and I assume 24bit rate. That obviously doesn't help you much considering you would have to convert them either way. You aren't missing anything though if you do convert even down to .mp3. Neither system is very good.

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would bet it plays .flac files of 48khz and I assume 24bit rate. That obviously doesn't help you much considering you would have to convert them either way. You aren't missing anything though if you do convert even down to .mp3. Neither system is very good.
Figured it out
The ICT without CD does not play Flac. Only MP3 WMA and AAC.
So I guess I will be using my Phone connected to my Meridian Explorer DAC then to the AUX. Just like in all my other vehicles.
I pick up my new F-Pace today. :)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
still learning the basics here - what does ICTP stand for?
OK, educate me here. I know about ICT and ICTP, but the rest of the acronyms are foreign to me.
What the h___ is a DAC, etc. !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
OK, educate me here. I know about ICT and ICTP, but the rest of the acronyms are foreign to me.
What the h___ is a DAC!!!!!!!
Digital to Analog Converter. This converts your digital audio files to analog for use in the radio system.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
FLAC is a codec that is used to compress audio into a smaller file size.

https://xiph.org/flac/

It's used to create a lossless format for audio. Typically, compressing audio into a digital format causes reduction in audio fidelity. This is typical when using MP3. FLAC allows the file size to be reduced without sacrificing audio quality.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'm putting some of my CD's on USB drives via Itunes using Apple lossless (ALAC, which is Apple's version of FLAC). So far I'm very happy with the fidelity, which to my ears sound exactly like the CD's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will it play ALAC?

I'm putting some of my CD's on USB drives via Itunes using Apple lossless (ALAC, which is Apple's version of FLAC). So far I'm very happy with the fidelity, which to my ears sound exactly like the CD's.
Do you have the ICT without CD? Will it play ALAC?

·
Registered
992 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts