Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey if you have a Custom Exhaust on your Fpace please let me know the following:

1. Type of brand and model you went with
2. Any issues since the install
3. If you have any sound clips of it please post it

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
lbpuppy,

I had a 2017 F-Pace S for almost 3 years before I picked up my 2019 F-Pace SVR. I had the Quicksilver exhaust on my F-Pace and I was very happy with it. The only thing on the exhaust that started to pick up a little rust over that timeframe was the hangers. Sounded great, no real loud drone.

this is a sound clip I pulled from Youtube of the setup. Not my f-Pace but it's the same model.

FPace Quicksilver Sound

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lbpuppy,

I had a 2017 F-Pace S for almost 3 years before I picked up my 2019 F-Pace SVR. I had the Quicksilver exhaust on my F-Pace and I was very happy with it. The only thing on the exhaust that started to pick up a little rust over that timeframe was the hangers. Sounded great, no real loud drone.

this is a sound clip I pulled from Youtube of the setup. Not my f-Pace but it's the same model.

FPace Quicksilver Sound
Congrats on the SVR.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've seen this one on YT.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Velocity AP Sports exhaust, no resonator, no mid muffler, x-piped. Not ready to post audio since I might have a leak which only happens under extreme acceleration. Like a distorting/vibrating sound. Either that or VAP's exhaust can't handle the unrestricted pressure. Other than that sounds sweet. Removed pops and crackes tune until I have time to troubleshoot the issue. By the way straight pipe sounds awesome, but not sure i want that full time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
We went with the velocity exhaust, whichever it's called I don't remember but the quieter of the two. My indy Jag tech did the install. he didn't really care for whatever methodology came with it to install it, so he took it out to welder-God that he uses and had that guy go to work on doing a really fabulous welded install and it looks great. Even Jag PDX said they were super impressed by the quality of work that W-God did.

It definitely added testosterone to the car. Under throttle, there's a bit of a drone between like 1500 and 2300 RPMs. Not bad, but over time I'm wishing it wasn't there. But I am more sensitive to drones than most people maybe because I'm a sound guy and want to EQ it out!

I will be honest, I like the added low end when it starts up, and from the outside. It doesn't sound like a super expensive lawn mower anymore. BUT, with the slight drone and the fact that my wife doesn't really care one way or the other (that was a big surprise AFTER the fact ?), I don't think I'd spend the money on it again.

But that's just me. ?

Reactions: lbpuppy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We went with the velocity exhaust, whichever it's called I don't remember but the quieter of the two. My indy Jag tech did the install. he didn't really care for whatever methodology came with it to install it, so he took it out to welder-God that he uses and had that guy go to work on doing a really fabulous welded install and it looks great. Even Jag PDX said they were super impressed by the quality of work that W-God did.

It definitely added testosterone to the car. Under throttle, there's a bit of a drone between like 1500 and 2300 RPMs. Not bad, but over time I'm wishing it wasn't there. But I am more sensitive to drones than most people maybe because I'm a sound guy and want to EQ it out!

I will be honest, I like the added low end when it starts up, and from the outside. It doesn't sound like a super expensive lawn mower anymore. BUT, with the slight drone and the fact that my wife doesn't really care one way or the other (that was a big surprise AFTER the fact ?), I don't think I'd spend the money on it again.

But that's just me. ?
What was your total cost of it all?

·
Registered
457 Posts
What was your total cost of it all?
I don't remember too well actually, but I had a real awesome Jag expert guy do all the work as well as order it. I think I paid somewhere in the range of $1500 to $1600. I think that was pretty good since I didn't have to do anything but listen to my wifey roar away like a race car driver when it was done. ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just a suggestion, if you get the VAP, I suggest the sport version. I had both touring and sport and the difference is barely noticeable. Sport is louder on the highway, really nice roar.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a suggestion, if you get the VAP, I suggest the sport version. I had both touring and sport and the difference is barely noticeable. Sport is louder on the highway, really nice roar.
What do you currently have?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Any sound clips of this are you willing to share?
This is a cell video, hard to capture the true sound. I still have an issue I have to find the time to research. I might have a leak, or I suspect the VAP muffler cannot handle the added air pressure. So it's not a final product. I am tempted to remove the mufflers as well as I loved the way it sounded when they were disconnected. My issue only happens under extreme acceleration (pedal to the metal).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is a cell video, hard to capture the true sound. I still have an issue I have to find the time to research. I might have a leak, or I suspect the VAP muffler cannot handle the added air pressure. So it's not a final product. I am tempted to remove the mufflers as well as I loved the way it sounded when they were disconnected. My issue only happens under extreme acceleration (pedal to the metal).

Thanks for the video.
What model F-Pace do you have?

·
Registered
91 Posts
1. Type of brand and model you went with
Arden dual exhaust for diesel.
2. Any issues since the install
None at all. Was a cat back, bolt on super simple system.
3. If you have any sound clips of it please post it - sorry no sound clips. Anyone who owns the diesel can tell you that engine is quiet. With the exhaust it’s just as silent.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts