Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,547 Posts
Thoughthat might be the problem for that vehicle if is not the fix or area to be fixed that is covered by the service bulletin I referenced above.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys...so I finally purchased an f pace yesterday. I was very well prepared with all the squeaks and creaks, rattles etc that are talked about on here. I got a really great deal and maybe my mistake was going with a 2017, but I wanted the green.

Anyway, I test drove the car and it had squeaks and creaks in the dash..behind the steering wheel. I traveled over 3 hours to look at the car and was prepared to walk away. The salesman said they’d fix it. So I gave them about an hour or 2. Test drove again and complete silence. So I purchased the car. Drove almost 4 hours home and everything was perfect. Today some of the noise has returned. Not as bad as when I initially test drove the car, but it’s annoying because I literally just purchased the car.

I did call the salesman to atleast speak with the tech who fixed it and see what the problem is because I’m not making that trip all the way up there again. I kinda feel like **** today and it’s tainted the entire experience. I drove around for about an hour today holding and pulling every piece of dash and plastic and can’t get rid of the creaking..including messing with the hud. Does anybody have an idea other than what’s mentioned in the previous posts?

I do plan to have an activity key installed at my local dealer so I’m gonna have them look at it when I drop it off for that. In the meantime I’d like to give it a shot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys...so I finally purchased an f pace yesterday. I was very well prepared with all the squeaks and creaks, rattles etc that are talked about on here. I got a really great deal and maybe my mistake was going with a 2017, but I wanted the green.

Anyway, I test drove the car and it had squeaks and creaks in the dash..behind the steering wheel. I traveled over 3 hours to look at the car and was prepared to walk away. The salesman said they’d fix it. So I gave them about an hour or 2. Test drove again and complete silence. So I purchased the car. Drove almost 4 hours home and everything was perfect. Today some of the noise has returned. Not as bad as when I initially test drove the car, but it’s annoying because I literally just purchased the car.

I did call the salesman to atleast speak with the tech who fixed it and see what the problem is because I’m not making that trip all the way up there again. I kinda feel like **** today and it’s tainted the entire experience. I drove around for about an hour today holding and pulling every piece of dash and plastic and can’t get rid of the creaking..including messing with the hud. Does anybody have an idea other than what’s mentioned in the previous posts?

I do plan to have an activity key installed at my local dealer so I’m gonna have them look at it when I drop it off for that. In the meantime I’d like to give it a shot.

You have read the previous posts, out of warranty could be tough. But the dealer will try and help you. What is more important is that you not feel bad and you over come this. You have purchased a really nice sporty car, they squeak sometimes. You will fix it, maybe just lubrication regularly. I put a little WD40 on every moving part in my life including bathroom knobs. Point is, cheer up and I vote now! Lovely that Green. Nobody can hear it except you and I learned that Green Day set to volume level 28 can drown out anything!

Reactions: BSG75

·
Registered
898 Posts
My car had the same issue. The noise was annoying - very annoying. But it ended up going away on its own without any intervention after several months (like several creaks and rattles I used to experience). Hopefully that happens in your case.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My car had the same issue. The noise was annoying - very annoying. But it ended up going away on its own without any intervention after several months (like several creaks and rattles I used to experience). Hopefully that happens in your case.
Thanks mike! And eaglejag.

I tried to upload pics of my f pace but it’s kinda tough for some reason. Anyway, the noise went completely away yesterday so I’m happy again. Like i said, I’m taking it to get the activity key installed (different dealer though) and if the creak comes back I’ll have them take a look.

Also, anybody else having this issue just know that the dealerships are aware of it. They apparently have bulletins out. That’s the word I got when I had the issue fixed before purchase.

As of now though I completely love the car. The color, body style, wheels look SO MUCH Better in person. The gas tank is tiny but I already knew that from here lol. Anyway, I appreciate the forum and all the feedback and help. Thank you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I took my F-pace to a local dealer today..after I had the free service and activity key installed I told them about the creaking.

They ordered the parts (felt padding and some ties/clips) and the job was done free of charge today. Which I was really surprised. I thought they scheduled another visit so they could get me on labor. But apparently not. I have to say I’m really impressed with the service center that I goto. The guy was a dick at first but I threw him a fiddy after my first visit and it’s been good ever since.

So the result of the visit..what a relief!!! I was stressed out of my mind about this creaking. 98% of the noise is gone..the other really really faint noise is only because it was there in the first place and I’m listening really hard to hear anything.

Anybody looking for more info or how they worded the service or bulletin let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took my F-pace to a local dealer today..after I had the free service and activity key installed I told them about the creaking.

They ordered the parts (felt padding and some ties/clips) and the job was done free of charge today. Which I was really surprised. I thought they scheduled another visit so they could get me on labor. But apparently not. I have to say I’m really impressed with the service center that I goto. The guy was a dick at first but I threw him a fiddy after my first visit and it’s been good ever since.

So the result of the visit..what a relief!!! I was stressed out of my mind about this creaking. 98% of the noise is gone..the other really really faint noise is only because it was there in the first place and I’m listening really hard to hear anything.

Anybody looking for more info or how they worded the service or bulletin let me know.
I'd be interested in more info in how they worded the service and bulletin. Similar creak. It's going in for service next week on another issue and I've added the creak to the call. Their initial response to me was that "they've never had issues before with creaks behind the steering column and/or dash..." Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brian, I think I may have had the same rattle you are talking about, more of a creak then a rattle. I had some videos of the sounds posted here for a while but I think they have since been taken down. It sounds like it's coming from the directly behind/underneath the steering wheel column. I got to a point going up and down my driveway I could make it creak at will and I spent about an hour one day going up and down the driveway trying to find it. It happens going very slowly and I think it's due to body or suspension flex in relations to the steering wheel/column.

I took it into the dealer twice for it and they couldn't duplicate it either time. Interestingly enough the sound has completely gone away since it's gotten colder here on the east coast. So I think the sound is definitely affected by the temp. What we figured out is that both times the dealer drove the car to test it, the car had been in their shop overnight. Their shop is fully air conditioned and therefore the sound never showed. So they never found out what was causing it on my vehicle.

So I'm waiting to next summer to see if it returns. This doesn't help you much as I see you are in Texas and probably have enough heat still down there to be causing the issue. If you find out what it is, let me know but VZX is right that there is a Topix on this very noise supposedly coming from the steering column that Jaguar is looking for a fix for. They were asking dealers to provide specific details about the vehicles showing the issue so they could isolate it. My dealers did sent all of my info in on that. one of the questions was does the dealer feel its affected by temp and my answer to that is absolutely.
Hi there, sorry to bring this up from 5 years ago but I've recently experienced the exact same issue that you experienced and unfortunately haven't been able to find the cure yet.

I have a 2017 F-type which is out of warranty and was wondering if you ever managed to get a solution to your problem or know where the creaking sound is coming from. Is it a common problem in Jaguars? Any help would be amazing, thank you.

·
Administrator
1,921 Posts
Hi there, sorry to bring this up from 5 years ago but I've recently experienced the exact same issue that you experienced and unfortunately haven't been able to find the cure yet.

I have a 2017 F-type which is out of warranty and was wondering if you ever managed to get a solution to your problem or know where the creaking sound is coming from. Is it a common problem in Jaguars? Any help would be amazing, thank you.
Look at the last posts in this thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey there! You’re not alone. I had this same issue. My dealer was useless in diagnosing and this forum saved me. It’s due to poor welding on the panels in cargo/spare tire area. I’m gonna try to dig up the service receipt I found on here that someone else posted that sent to my service advisor. This is exactly what the problem is. I guarantee it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here’s the service receipt. The dealer will challenge you on this but check out the info on the welding. Haven’t heard the creak since.
Thanks for the info, good to know and glad you got a solution. The source of my creak/crack noise is coming from the bottom of the front windscreen just under where it meets the dash.

I read on another forum that it has something to do with the plastic shroud that the windscreen wipers sit on. They mentioned that dirt gets trapped under there and it stops smooth movement when the car flexes. First I've ever heard of this, will give it a try later tonight to see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar F-Pace
3 Posts
I have a 2019 F-Pace with a similar creak, quite subtle, on drivers side dash that everyone on this post has been talking about. Wasn’t there for first 3 years. Just took to dealer today and they immediately knew about the problem and fixed under 5-year warranty. So it’s clearly a known problem, I’m a little surprised it’s lasted until 2019 model.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts