Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ONLY 1625 miles on the odometer.....ran out for a quick errand down the street....driving behind a Subaru Impreza...loud hit to the windshield. Cracked....4 inches in upper passenger side corner.
AAAARGH! :-(

Has anyone gone through this already? Will be interesting to see what the availability will be for replacement windshields on such a new car in the market.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
****, bad luck for sure. Hopefully they have replacements ready for you. Issue will be your options. heated windshield or not, etc.

Reactions: OregonRSport

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
That sucks! Somewhere a while ago someone said they'd already replaced their windshield. My recollection is $1,500. I think I'm going with glass coverage on my insurance, it's the only car insurance I've ever had to utilize.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to hear this, cracked glass and door dings are the things I hate the most. I have terrible luck with glass.

I hope you have insurance that covers windshields! Could you share the cost of replacing once get it done or priced as I am curious for refrence.

Good Luck !!! :crying:

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Make sure you ask for a OEM windshield not a third party like Safelite. I would think that the only option will be the OEM. Just make sure it has the same Infrared Reflective Windshield.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I had a rock hit mine and nearly became apoplectic. I"ve been looking for the tiny spider spray in the glass but haven't found it. I think I lucked out. Good luck with your replacement. That's a tough break especially this early.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a rock hit and for a while did not think it did any damage. Noted after a few weeks that below the line of sight in the blacked out area I have a good size chip. Have not dealt with it yet

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will be an OEM replacement. There are, at this point in time, no aftermarket versions of the F-Pace windshield. I was just informed that they found an OEM one that matches my car's build requirement in Miami, FL. It will take 7-8 business days to get here. My insurance deductible will be only $250....whew!

·
Registered
72 Posts
It will be an OEM replacement. There are, at this point in time, no aftermarket versions of the F-Pace windshield. I was just informed that they found an OEM one that matches my car's build requirement in Miami, FL. It will take 7-8 business days to get here. My insurance deductible will be only $250....whew!
add me to the list of cracked windshields... luckily mine isn't that noticeable, but what is that, 4 from this forum already in 2 months drive time?

looking up pricing and availability tomorrow. :crying:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
add me to the list of cracked windshields... luckily mine isn't that noticeable, but what is that, 4 from this forum already in 2 months drive time?

Wow! I am starting to wonder if the windshields are too brittle!

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Yeah let's not blow a cracked windshield into a bigger issue than it is. Mob mentality...

:)

Very unfortunate, but great learning opportunity for everyone about the process for such a new model. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ONLY 1625 miles on the odometer.....ran out for a quick errand down the street....driving behind a Subaru Impreza...loud hit to the windshield. Cracked....4 inches in upper passenger side corner.
AAAARGH! :-(

Has anyone gone through this already? Will be interesting to see what the availability will be for replacement windshields on such a new car in the market.
I had a rock hit mine and nearly became apoplectic. I"ve been looking for the tiny spider spray in the glass but haven't found it. I think I lucked out. Good luck with your replacement. That's a tough break especially this early.
I had a rock hit and for a while did not think it did any damage. Noted after a few weeks that below the line of sight in the blacked out area I have a good size chip. Have not dealt with it yet

I picked my S on 7/1 and have been meaning to post but it's been one depressing event after another. I was on my way home from the dealer on the NE Extension of the turnpike, having gone maybe 15 miles when I heard a "crack." There really wasn't anyone in front of me that close but as I looked around there was a small spot with spider webs on the passenger side near the top to the right of the mirror. The dealer was closed but Emailed and the GM called the next day. Said it probably got a chip in transit and would order a new one immediately. An OEM arrived from England in 5 days and the dealer installed it, no charge. Thank you Jaguar Allentown. About a week later I'm getting ready for 3 day road trip. I run an errand in the morning before leaving and when I get out of the car there's yellow line paint all over the driver's side. Tires, wheel wells, rocker panels and even a few spots near the rear window. There's a detail shop about a mile from my house. I went over right away. They took it in immediately and had it looking great before I left on my road trip 3 hours later. I've filed a claim with PADOT for the $240 charge (well worth it). Today, at 1,300 miles, the creaking started. Oh yeah, I also have the Sirius freeze. Getting the feeling that it or I am cursed. Other than all this, I love it although the ride is the roughest I've had in a vehicle ever and I've had 2 Boxsters. I need to check those tire pressures. Eventually, I'll get around to a more positive review, maybe after my road trip to Quebec at the end of the month.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Man, I feel for you wtglaw. It's one thing if you do crazy or stupid things in your car and it gets damaged, but when it just happens out of the blue, now that's frustrating. I had a '79 Camaro I bought new that was cursed even worse than that, but I don't want to get too much off topic so I should say that my windshield is still chip free after 3500 miles.

·
Registered
474 Posts
AUUGGHHH already all these cracked windshields??? Wow, sorry guys... that's some bad luck. In all these years of driving I've only had one windshield hit (work truck) and been shot at once... boy was THAT loud... oh yeah big spider crack over time on that one. Fortunately the angle was so steep the bullet ricocheted off and didn't penetrate the windshield, but took a gouge out of it. It was on a hairpin corner and I was only doing like 15mph no one or no cars in sight so couldn't have been anything else. :eek:

Anyway, thanks for reminding me, me thinks a call to the insurance agent for windshield insurance is in order...;)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Guys I didn't officially have my car 24 hours and I picked up a chip this morning at the base of the windshield in the black section just above the wipers. Happened in a construction zone on the PA turnpike. I filled it with the fix kit. Hoping it won't crack or affect the wipers.

I've got my appointment for x-pel next week to protect everything else. I'm going to stay off the turnpike until then.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Guys I didn't officially have my car 24 hours and I picked up a chip this morning at the base of the windshield in the black section just above the wipers. Happened in a construction zone on the PA turnpike. I filled it with the fix kit. Hoping it won't crack or affect the wipers.
I'm more concerned with it being a heated windshield

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I'm more concerned with it being a heated windshield
Actually, I found out my windshield isn't heated and I'm glad for that. I didn't like the view through the heated windshield on the Discovery Sport I was driving around as a loaner before my F-Pace arrived. It has the sun filtering film on the inside, but no heating elements. Which I'm happy with.

I think my deductible for replacement is fairly low with my insurance, I'll go in that direction if it starts to crack.

This makes 5 windshields fairly quickly though, hopefully there isn't an issue there. The sound the rock made when it hit was noticeable, but not super loud so it couldn't have been to big a rock. it's just a chip but I've had rocks makes sounds like that before on the turnpike and not done anything to my windshield other than put some dust on it which I wiped off and maybe a little nick.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts