Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definition:

Adaptive Front Lighting ...... high beam swivels with steering as you go around a curve

Cornering Lights ..... extra lights that come on when steering wheel is turned past 90 degrees

Observation:

Our Prestige has the Vision Package, which includes LED headlamps and Adaptive front lighting. Sure enough, the beam swivels when cornering. I like it.

There has been quite a bit of recent chatter on the UK F Pace forum about "Cornering Lights" .... from that discussion, clearly as defined above - extra lights. Seems several owners have these.

AND

during a recent service of our F Pace the loaner was an XE which clearly had extra cornering lights .... I thought they were very cool.

I cannot find any reference on the web-site or brochure of cornering lights for the F Pace and clearly our Prestige does not light up, beyond the high beam swivel.

Questions:

Are there any cornering lights on any trim levels in the US?
Is there an option or setting that I have missed?
Are the UK versions THAT different (I know the optioning process is much more individual and not as packaged as the US)?
Any XE experience that can help to clarify?
Any insights?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
We know that our S has these lights. They're kind of cheating because it just illuminates a section of the headlamp that wasn't before. Audi's adaptive lighting actually moves so it's a little more fluid last I looked.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Definition:

Adaptive Front Lighting ...... high beam swivels with steering as you go around a curve

Cornering Lights ..... extra lights that come on when steering wheel is turned past 90 degrees

Observation:

Our Prestige has the Vision Package, which includes LED headlamps and Adaptive front lighting. Sure enough, the beam swivels when cornering. I like it.

There has been quite a bit of recent chatter on the UK F Pace forum about "Cornering Lights" .... from that discussion, clearly as defined above - extra lights. Seems several owners have these.

AND

during a recent service of our F Pace the loaner was an XE which clearly had extra cornering lights .... I thought they were very cool.

I cannot find any reference on the web-site or brochure of cornering lights for the F Pace and clearly our Prestige does not light up, beyond the high beam swivel.

Questions:

Are there any cornering lights on any trim levels in the US?
Is there an option or setting that I have missed?
Are the UK versions THAT different (I know the optioning process is much more individual and not as packaged as the US)?
Any XE experience that can help to clarify?
Any insights?

Thanks
First observation, your definition of adaptive front lighting is incorrect. The high beams remain stationary no matter which way the steering wheel is moved. It is the low beams that swivel depending on direction of travel.

Second observation, I saw no mention of cornering lights in the manual and cannot notice if there are any when driving. I think the LED headlamps and fog-lamps do a fantastic job illuminating the corners, especially because the headlamps have so many beam patterns.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
First observation, your definition of adaptive front lighting is incorrect. The high beams remain stationary no matter which way the steering wheel is moved. It is the low beams that swivel depending on direction of travel.

Second observation, I saw no mention of cornering lights in the manual and cannot notice if there are any when driving. I think the LED headlamps and fog-lamps do a fantastic job illuminating the corners, especially because the headlamps have so many beam patterns.
The "Vision Package" includes *Adaptive LED Headlamps* ! In the glossary of my brochure it says "Adaptive LED Headlamps automatically adjust to follow steering inputs , casting light where needed . They will angle the beam when indicating." They also include the Automatic High Beam Assist , but it is two different functions ! I guess if you have a lower model F-pace , you would have to "option" the "Vision Package" to get them !

·
Registered
341 Posts
Depends on the Vision package included with your trim level, though. The Vision pack for the Premium does NOT include this; just Xenons with auto-leveling.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please look back at the OP. You (collectively) are not addressing the question.

Yes I know the vision package has adaptive lamps, and yes I know the Prestige has that option (I have one) and yes I know how they work (swivel), although as Jman points out, I thought the high beams, not the low beams swiveled.

The question is about ADDITIONAL, extra cornering lights that I have experienced in an XE and that are discussed in the F Pace forum in the UK relative to the F Pace. And yet, like Jman also points out, I can find no reference to this feature anywhere. Is it therefore a UK only option? Are the UK owners confused? and do the XE models in the US have them as an additional option? If so, seems strange that they are not available on the F pace, given so many common components.

Anyone?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Yes I know the vision package has adaptive lamps, and yes I know the Prestige has that option (I have one) and yes I know how they work (swivel), although as Jman points out, I thought the high beams, not the low beams swiveled.

The question is about ADDITIONAL, extra cornering lights that I have experienced in an XE and that are discussed in the F Pace forum in the UK relative to the F Pace. And yet, like Jman also points out, I can find no reference to this feature anywhere. Is it therefore a UK only option? Are the UK owners confused? and do the XE models in the US have them as an additional option? If so, seems strange that they are not available on the F pace, given so many common components.

Anyone?
How were you able to tell the XE had cornering lights? Did you have someone turn the wheel and you were were outside of the car watching or was it that noticeable when driving? I am almost 100% positive the F-pace does not have cornering lights, no matter if you have a FE or a the vision package.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How were you able to tell the XE had cornering lights? Did you have someone turn the wheel and you were were outside of the car watching or was it that noticeable when driving? I am almost 100% positive the F-pace does not have cornering lights, no matter if you have a FE or a the vision package.
Thanks for getting back. The extra lights were clearly discernable when turning into my driveway from the road, and on the circular driveway in front of my house when I applied "full" lock.

Interestingly, they are a very distinct on/off, like a switch is activated. Obviously there is nothing that will come of this enquiry since I already have the car, other than answering a curiosity. Now, if it were a feature that can somehow be turned on through a setting or the dealer, that would be something else.

Thanks again for responding.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Anyone?
Based on what I am reading here,and on the UK F-Pace forum, it appears that the extra LED cornering lights are available in the UK, but not in NA on the FP for some reason. Am I correct?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
How do we know for sure , that the UK members are not just merely calling the "Adaptive Headlamps" "Cornering Lights" ??? As we all know , THEY do call the "Hood" , a "Bonnet" !!! ;)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
In reading the many posts on the UK F-Pace Forum, It is my understanding that what the BRITS call cornering lights are additional lamps (not part of the headlamps) that come on (depending on which way you turn) when the steering wheel is turned past a certain point. This is over and above the "Adaptive Headlamps". These are probably the low mounted lamps on each side, in the same location as the fog lamps, on NA FP'S
Is that the way you understand it?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Based on what I am reading here,and on the UK F-Pace forum, it appears that the extra LED cornering lights are available in the UK, but not in NA on the FP for some reason. Am I correct?
In reading the many posts on the UK F-Pace Forum, It is my understanding that what the BRITS call cornering lights are additional lamps (not part of the headlamps) that come on (depending on which way you turn) when the steering wheel is turned past a certain point. This is over and above the "Adaptive Headlamps". These are probably the low mounted lamps on each side, in the same location as the fog lamps, on NA FP'S
Is that the way you understand it?
That's certainly what it seems like. It also describes (I'm not making this up) what I experienced in the loaner XE ...... hence the question: if on the US XE, why not on the F Pace?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,
It's funny I came across this thread. Just last night as I was coming off an exit, I swore I saw a light pop on. I was freaking out thinking I had a headlamp out already (purchased 7/17/2017) but that wasn't the case. What is the benefit of these "extra" lights?

Also, last night as I was driving down a dark road, the high beams automatically turned on. So it's not just UK cars.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I will have to pay more attention to this. I've seen a number of discussion about the F-Type having this but haven't noticed this on my F-Pace.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I will have to pay more attention to this. I've seen a number of discussion about the F-Type having this but haven't noticed this on my F-Pace.

Maybe @RoonieQ can answer about the F-Type?

·
Registered
268 Posts
we had a acura rl that had side lights that were activated by the turn signal it was a led flood light that was on the side of the headlight under the turn signal. it lit the curb & sidewalk i guess so you wouldnt run over midgets

·
Registered
105 Posts
My wife has a Lexus RX 350 and has cornering lights. There is no doubt you notice them coming on when turning into dark areas like parking garages or into my drive way. It is a really nice feature. Attached is a youtube link demo of the lights as you turn the wheel. The lights are pointed in a diagonal direction away from the center of the hood. Fairly certain no additional lights come on in the FPace when turning.

·
Registered
378 Posts
we had a acura rl that had side lights that were activated by the turn signal it was a led flood light that was on the side of the headlight under the turn signal. it lit the curb & sidewalk i guess so you wouldnt run over midgets
I had it on my Infiniti I 30 and I 35.
They are not on my FP Prestige with vision unless there is a software set to activate them that I haven't discovered yet.

·
Registered
390 Posts
F-Type = Yes
F-Pace= No
XJL= Yes

Activated either when you engage a turn indicator or when you turn the wheel in either direction (i.e. when turning). The light self-cancels when the wheels straighten out again. Light fades on/off. There is one in each R/L headlamp assembly. Definitely helpful and noticeable when it's dark as more of the area on the inside of the corner of the turn is lit up.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
F-Type = Yes
F-Pace= No
XJL= Yes

Activated either when you engage a turn indicator or when you turn the wheel in either direction (i.e. when turning). The light self-cancels when the wheels straighten out again. Light fades on/off. There is one in each R/L headlamp assembly. Definitely helpful and noticeable when it's dark as more of the area on the inside of the corner of the turn is lit up.
Huh? Our F Pace S has cornering lights...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts