Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here we go!
After less then a full week of ownership and 850 miles (did a weekend trip to Seattle), off goes the R-Sport to the dealership after having leaked the full contents of its coolant reservoir over the driveway.
During the ride back to Oregon on Sunday, we were half way home and the low coolant warning light displayed. Engine temp remained in normal operating range. Got home and popped the hood...coolant reservoir was empty. So, I filled it up, screwed the cap on tight until it clicked, and left the car sitting overnight. Yesterday, decided to go for a 15 minute test run...came home, opened up the hood...and whoa...coolant was streaming out from under the reservoir cap until it was empty. Decided to call Jaguar Roadside assistance and they agreed that it needed to be towed for service. BTW, Roadside assistance service was very very nice as was the concerned response from Monte Shelton Jaguar in Portland.
Fingers crossed that this will be the extent of issues with my F-Pace.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Yikes! I remember reading someone else had a coolant issue but it was a hose problem.

·
Registered
474 Posts
AAAUUGGHHHH!!!! Oh that sucks :crying:. Not a good way to start your ownership. This seems to be an issue with a few cars - ugh - lets hope they get that figured out real fast so we can all be prepared for the defective part or crimped/chaffed hose. Can't believe you already have more miles on your FPace than we do!

Our car is at Monte Shelton today for the squeak fix! Please post what they found as the problem with your coolant tank!

Reactions: OregonRSport

·
Registered
9 Posts
My car overheated with less than 400 miles on it, called roadside. Dealer said something about cap loose but who knows. Needless to say, it was quite an embarrassment to be stuck sit on the side of the road with steam coming up on such a beautiful car.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the update....
First of all, let me start by saying that both Jaguar Roadside Assistance as well as the service department staff at Monte Shelton have been above and beyond in providing service and showing real concern. Chris and Rick in the service department are just great.
So, they tried 3 different screw caps and all three replicated the same problem once the engine got up to temperature and pressure. JLR agreed with the service department assessment that the whole reservoir tank will have to be replaced as it is clearly defective by not sealing properly. The quest right now is to find one given the newness of the vehicle and the fact that reservoir tanks don't often go bad. The hope is that one will be found at the San Francisco parts depot by tomorrow.
While they have the car, a couple of software updates have been done to the InControl module to address the freezing of the system which happened 4 times over the past week
Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL! Yes the miles do add up when you live down in the rural areas...and a weekend road trip to Seattle accounted for about 400 of those miles. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Update. Got a call yesterday afternoon that the coolant reservoir has been replaced and is now working properly. Yay! Will be picking up my baby later today!
That is great news. Hopefully Monte will have a spare coolant tank ordered for the next round of bad tanks. Let us know how it goes :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
That's great news. Sorry that happened but happy to hear JLR and you dealer were helpful and took care of the problem .
JB - What's a super moderator? Are you wearing a cape? :confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep. Same just happened to me. "coolant" light came on, coolant all over the engine compartment, none in the bottle.
Roadside came and it's now on the way to the dealership.
So I searched here and found your story. Like you, Oregon, no overheating for me. The Jag service guy did make it sound like he'd had this on another vehicle cos he simply said the bottle will need changing.
Roadside were incredible. TWO after service calls to make sure everything went well with the tow truck.
I'll report back later when I get the call from the dealer.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
It's a long standing Topix item and it is also a field action. When in for other reasons every f-pace is now supposed to be checked for this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

Had my FPace 35i loosing its coolant in a matter of ... less than 30 mns!!!!
Drove to petrol station to buy 3L of coolant and used them to drive the car to the dealer (Trivett / Sydney / Australia).
Of course it leaked on the alternator belt just below and it made an ugly noise on top of the cooing issue.

My car has just passed the 3 years guarantee and I did the last “under warranty” service just a week before.

The dealer repaired everything for free, they provided a free loan car during the fixes:
  • coolant tank leaking
  • faulty cooling cup
  • leaking joints between the tank and the radiator
  • damages on alternator belt
I have to say although the sort of heavy fixing is disappointing to say the least from a car with ... 30K kms... ;
I was impressed by the service from my dealer. Thumbs up for that.

Now... I am considering selling my car that I love:

How can this happen? I had cars lasting more than 25 years and nothing like this happened...

this Jaguar has been my best car but it is simply not reliable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts