Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My warning light for low coolant came on and I added the orange stuff to the line. 1 month later the same thing. There was nothing on the ground around my 17 F-PACE so I thought to look at the dipstick to see if it was getting into the engine. No Dipstick. It was going in for scheduled maintenance so they diagnosed that the coolant WAS leaking into the engine warping both heads. It had overheated in 2019 and this is the after effects. I only have 38,000 miles and its garage kept so this is very disappointing. It has been at the Dealer for 2 weeks with no word on when it will be done. They did give me a 2020 to drive while mine is there so no complaints with dealer or Jaguar warrantee..so far. I really love the car but not sure I want to keep it after warrantee is up. Any similar issues or thoughts??

·
Registered
332 Posts
ouch! I've been behind the long term costs and annoyance of issues after an overheat (random misfires despite replacing everything from fuel pump, lines, injectors, valves, plugs, gaskets, etc) and agree, unless they're replacing the entire engine or extending at least that portion of the warranty it's not worth it. I'd see if they're willing to work out a trade-in/trade-up to the 2020 (or 2021) if that's what you're looking for.

what did they do about the initial overheat? or anything mentioned during oil changes? coolant has a pretty obvious effect on oil. then again they pump it out these days so maybe they never even saw the used oil? I'd be worried about excess wear on internal parts, were there excess metal shavings on the drain plug?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It overheated due to the belt breaking because the supercharger pulley wheel froze up. They replaced supercharger and belt along with water pump and pulley wheels.
Your right, they just dump the oil out without seeing if it has a milky color. I’m leaning towards another make of car. My first Jag and I do love the car but this will not go away if the block isn’t swapped out as well. No idea about shavings as I haven’t talked to the mechanic...yet. Thanks for reply...

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
476 Posts
Did you purchase the car new? If so, you should have at least a year left on the warranty. Let them fix it, then decide how you want to replace it. Me, in your shoes (as I almost am), would just get a new one to keep as long as the warranty covers it. But I can understand your reluctance to get another.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer called me today to say they are replacing the entire engine. It’s under warranty so my only question is.....do I get another 5/60k? I can live with that but I will know more next week!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts