Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I took my car, 2017 F-Pace S type, with 85,000 miles, to the dealership because of low coolant light that came on came on. No visible leakage under the car. After tests, they determined I have a leak in multiple places. Leaking from front coolant crossover pipe, water pump, and three way hose coming from coolant reservoir. The warranty is paying for the water pump replacement. The estimate is $2500. This price reflects my out of pocket cost. Has anyone had a similar thing happen? Is this a fair cost of the things that need to be done? Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I took my car, 2017 F-Pace S type, with 85,000 miles, to the dealership because of low coolant light that came on came on. No visible leakage under the car. After tests, they determined I have a leak in multiple places. Leaking from front coolant crossover pipe, water pump, and three way hose coming from coolant reservoir. The warranty is paying for the water pump replacement. The estimate is $2500. This price reflects my out of pocket cost. Has anyone had a similar thing happen? Is this a fair cost of the things that need to be done? Thanks!
I just spent 3800 for the same issue

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think there is ongoing problem with coolant leaks and Tata doesn't want to cover under warranty. Saying it's the cars age problem. Seems like it happening a lot lately around that mileage mark

·
Registered
304 Posts
On a MY17, I'd figure you were barely within warranty, at best. (I had an early delivery that expired in July, 2021). Seems like you'd either be in or out over the coverage period, so it's odd that they're covering the water pump, but nothing else - unless you're technically out of warranty and the water pump was just a concession. The dollar amounts for the rest of the work aren't surprising from what I've seen in other cases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts