Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing is fast don’t get me wrong but I feel like 100 or so more HP and ft lbs of torque from the velocity ap tune would unleash its true potential. A roughly 20% increase in HP and Torque for 2k sounds like a no brainer to me especially after getting 17% off msrp. The only thing that concerns me is voiding the warranty with a brand that isn’t necessarily known for their reliability… has anyone else considered this or discussed with their dealer what it would do to the warranty? I known that an ecu flash has a potential to void the warranty but not so much aftermarket parts unless they can attribute an issue to them. That being said, is it possible to keep a stock ecu file on my computer and flash it prior to taking it into the dealership? Would they notice?

Here’s the link if anyone else is interested:Jaguar 5.0 AJ133 Supercharged ECU Tuning, FType, FPace SVR, XJ, XF – Velocity Automotive Performance

·
Registered
181 Posts
As you may know I went the lister route an increase of 22 % but not cheap as you have to have everything done . But doesn’t effect Jaguar warranty. In my opinion if I wasn’t going way I definitely wouldn’t bother as something is bound to go wrong (just look at pivi pro connection issues) they wouldn’t even fix this for you if they know about a tune
You could try aftermarket warranty company. I certainly wouldn’t run it with no warranty

·
Administrator
1,985 Posts
If you had a drive train issue JLR would have to approve the fix but the dealer would surely look at the ECU. With that said I'm sure that any manufacturer can tell when the ECU has been modified.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As you may know I went the lister route an increase of 22 % but not cheap as you have to have everything done . But doesn’t effect Jaguar warranty. In my opinion if I wasn’t going way I definitely wouldn’t bother as something is bound to go wrong (just look at pivi pro connection issues) they wouldn’t even fix this for you if they know about a tune
You could try aftermarket warranty company. I certainly wouldn’t run it with no warranty
Yeah I really just want the tune but the Lister stealth package is waaay more than I want to pay. Thats too bad because its a big engine and it can certainly handle the extra horse power and torque that it gets with the Lister tune that they put under warranty. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait 5 years and just order a Sprint Booster for now.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah I really just want the tune but the Lister stealth package is waaay more than I want to pay. Thats too bad because its a big engine and it can certainly handle the extra horse power and torque that it gets with the Lister tune that they put under warranty. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait 5 years and just order a Sprint Booster for now.
I was so impressed with the old svr I had loads off power and that was 4.1 to 60 the new one is 3.8 so I think I’d be happy with that . Get the crappy grey painted or wrapped gloss black along with the badges that will make it loads better looking

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thing is fast don’t get me wrong but I feel like 100 or so more HP and ft lbs of torque from the velocity ap tune would unleash its true potential. A roughly 20% increase in HP and Torque for 2k sounds like a no brainer to me especially after getting 17% off msrp. The only thing that concerns me is voiding the warranty with a brand that isn’t necessarily known for their reliability… has anyone else considered this or discussed with their dealer what it would do to the warranty? I known that an ecu flash has a potential to void the warranty but not so much aftermarket parts unless they can attribute an issue to them. That being said, is it possible to keep a stock ecu file on my computer and flash it prior to taking it into the dealership? Would they notice?

Here’s the link if anyone else is interested:Jaguar 5.0 AJ133 Supercharged ECU Tuning, FType, FPace SVR, XJ, XF – Velocity Automotive Performance
I have the Velocity Stage 2 on my 2019 SVR, and it hasn't had any issues with my local dealership. I bought it out of state with the tune done already, then when I took it to the dealership for the standard maintenance, I didn't even say anything. So far all oil changes and such have been covered. I imagine if anything goes wrong with the engine, then then might have to discuss with them if the tune caused the issue. As far as I know, they've been doing these tunes on the F Types for years. I highly recommend it. I have it lowered about an 1 1/2" and the tune done, and this thing is so much fun.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Velocity Stage 2 on my 2019 SVR, and it hasn't had any issues with my local dealership. I bought it out of state with the tune done already, then when I took it to the dealership for the standard maintenance, I didn't even say anything. So far all oil changes and such have been covered. I imagine if anything goes wrong with the engine, then then might have to discuss with them if the tune caused the issue. As far as I know, they've been doing these tunes on the F Types for years. I highly recommend it. I have it lowered about an 1 1/2" and the tune done, and this thing is so much fun.
View attachment 73994
How’d you go about lowering it and with the tune and pulley are the hp and torque gains noticeable? Looks nice and stanced

·
Registered
255 Posts
"I have the Velocity Stage 2 on my 2019 SVR, and it hasn't had any issues with my local dealership. "

Congratulations on continuing to get free oil changes. I'm not surprised, since scheduled maintenance is not a warranty item.

Just hope you don't have an engine or transmission failure. The tunes generally go well, but it doesn't have to be the cause of a problem for your warranty to be void. And, Mike is correct that the tune CAN be detected, and you CAN'T just flash it go back without it being discoverable. If anyone tells you otherwise - they're wrong.

In the meantime, though, you can enjoy being able to outrun 99.5% of the cars on the road, instead of just the 99% you could with a stock SVR. You could out accelerate my F-Type, either way (but I'd watch out for the 30-year-old VR4).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts