Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Group,

I am new here. I joined because I am considering buying a 2017 F-Pace 35t (not sure if it is the 340 or 380 - my guess is the 380.) It's owned by a friend of a friend whom I am meeting tomorrow to take a look at it. I'm told it is nicely loaded and has a clean report with an extended warranty till 2022. With 89,000 KM (I'm In Toronto)

My question is 2017 35t (possibly S) worth it. Meaning I not looking to spend money on a vehicle (no matter the deal) if I am just going to have a bunch of mechanical or electric issues that cost me more in the long run. Anyone with a 2017 offer an opinion on reliability. I've read some Motor Tend articles that did not give the 2017 a good review in this area.

Thanks All.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The 35t has the 340hp SC V6, the S has the 380hp SC V6. The 40hp difference between the 35t and the S are really only felt at the top end of the RPM range, same engine, slightly different tune. The 35t 340hp SC V6 was replaced with the 4 cylinder turbo in late 2018. I would say that the powertrain is absolutely reliable and that most challenges and complaints were around squeaks and rattles on early build vehicles and the bugginess of the infotainment system.

There were two infotainment options for the 2017, InControl Touch (ICT) and InControl Touch Pro (ICTP). The Pro system was an updated system that seems to have gotten far more updates and feature additions (including Android Auto and Apple CarPlay) that ICT did not. You can tell which system the vehicle has by the infotainment screen. If it's the 10" screen with no side buttons (and a digital gauge cluster) the car has the pro system, if 8" screen with side buttons and analog gauge cluster it has ICT. That said, I know some in Canada have had issues getting dealers to update the Pro system to get the stability and AA/CP features so YMMV.

Squeaks and rattles might have been addressed by the dealer if the owner asked them to address. You'll know more as you look the vehicle over and drive it. Drive it without the radio on to listen for this. It doesn't mean the car is falling apart, but you will have to live with any noises the vehicle makes.

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
443 Posts
Judging by the bumper, that is the basic model; not the R-Sport or S. It could be a Premium or Prestige, depending on options and wheel size (very basic has 18" wheels; Premium and Prestige have 19"). Prestige has Xenon headlamps, heated front seats, nav, rear armrest with cupholders, among other options that the Premium doesn't have. R-Sport and S each have different bumpers, 20" wheels, fog lamps, and other goodies. Only the S has the 380HP engine.
Yours has the black trim package, available on all trims, but if it's "nicely loaded", it's likely a Prestige model.
I have a 2017 book with all the options for all the models, if you want to narrow it down by options.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Judging by the bumper, that is the basic model; not the R-Sport or S. It could be a Premium or Prestige, depending on options and wheel size (very basic has 18" wheels; Premium and Prestige have 19"). Prestige has Xenon headlamps, heated front seats, nav, rear armrest with cupholders, among other options that the Premium doesn't have. R-Sport and S each have different bumpers, 20" wheels, fog lamps, and other goodies. Only the S has the 380HP engine.
Yours has the black trim package, available on all trims, but if it's "nicely loaded", it's likely a Prestige model.
I have a 2017 book with all the options for all the models, if you want to narrow it down by options.
agreed except the F-PACE in those photos does not have the Black Trim package, just the black wheels

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 35t has the 340hp SC V6, the S has the 380hp SC V6. The 40hp difference between the 35t and the S are really only felt at the top end of the RPM range, same engine, slightly different tune. The 35t 340hp SC V6 was replaced with the 4 cylinder turbo in late 2018. I would say that the powertrain is absolutely reliable and that most challenges and complaints were around squeaks and rattles on early build vehicles and the bugginess of the infotainment system.

There were two infotainment options for the 2017, InControl Touch (ICT) and InControl Touch Pro (ICTP). The Pro system was an updated system that seems to have gotten far more updates and feature additions (including Android Auto and Apple CarPlay) that ICT did not. You can tell which system the vehicle has by the infotainment screen. If it's the 10" screen with no side buttons (and a digital gauge cluster) the car has the pro system, if 8" screen with side buttons and analog gauge cluster it has ICT. That said, I know some in Canada have had issues getting dealers to update the Pro system to get the stability and AA/CP features so YMMV.

Squeaks and rattles might have been addressed by the dealer if the owner asked them to address. You'll know more as you look the vehicle over and drive it. Drive it without the radio on to listen for this. It doesn't mean the car is falling apart, but you will have to live with any noises the vehicle makes.
I'd appreciate any thing more you can tell me before I go look at it.
Here is what he wrote
2017 JAGUAR F-PACE 35T - COMES WITH JAGUAR EXTENDED FACTORY CPO WARRANTY - AWD - TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION SYSTEM - BACK UP CAMERA - DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE - BLIND SPOT ASSIST - TRAFFIC DETECTION - DYNAMIC MODE AGILITY SELECT - PADDLE SHIFTERS - PARKTRONIC PARKING CONTROL - PUSH BUTTON START - PANORAMIC DOUBLE SUNROOF - 10 WAY POWER SEATS WITH MEMEORY CONTROL - HEATED SEATS - REAR HEATED SEATS - HEATED STEERING WHEEL - HEATED WINDSHIELD - LED INTELLIGENT LIGHT SYSTEM - DYNAMIC BI-XENON HEADLIGHTS - ELECTRIC POWER LIFTGATE - POWER FOLDING MIRRORS - RAIN SENSING WIPERS - AMBIENT LIGHTING PACKAGE - MERIDIAN SURROUND SOUND AUDIO SYSTEM - WIFI HOTSPOT - IN CONTROL APPS - IPOD/MP3/AUX MEDIA INTERFACE - USB SLOTS AND SD SLOT - BLUETOOTH - BLUETOOTH AUDIO - SIRIUS/XM SATELLITE RADIO - AND SO MUCH MORE.

Looking closely it does seem to be a base model with the wheel package

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd appreciate any thing more you can tell me before I go look at it.
Here is what he wrote
2017 JAGUAR F-PACE 35T - COMES WITH JAGUAR EXTENDED FACTORY CPO WARRANTY - AWD - TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION SYSTEM - BACK UP CAMERA - DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE - BLIND SPOT ASSIST - TRAFFIC DETECTION - DYNAMIC MODE AGILITY SELECT - PADDLE SHIFTERS - PARKTRONIC PARKING CONTROL - PUSH BUTTON START - PANORAMIC DOUBLE SUNROOF - 10 WAY POWER SEATS WITH MEMEORY CONTROL - HEATED SEATS - REAR HEATED SEATS - HEATED STEERING WHEEL - HEATED WINDSHIELD - LED INTELLIGENT LIGHT SYSTEM - DYNAMIC BI-XENON HEADLIGHTS - ELECTRIC POWER LIFTGATE - POWER FOLDING MIRRORS - RAIN SENSING WIPERS - AMBIENT LIGHTING PACKAGE - MERIDIAN SURROUND SOUND AUDIO SYSTEM - WIFI HOTSPOT - IN CONTROL APPS - IPOD/MP3/AUX MEDIA INTERFACE - USB SLOTS AND SD SLOT - BLUETOOTH - BLUETOOTH AUDIO - SIRIUS/XM SATELLITE RADIO - AND SO MUCH MORE.

Looking closely it does seem to be a base model with the wheel package

Reply Quote

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Write your reply...
AttachmentInsert linkSmiliesInsert image

Unordered list
Ordered list
editor_dropdown.caliMobile
  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Unordered list
  • Ordered list
  • Code
  • Spoiler

Recommended Reading
  1. New to the brand from Southern California
    New Member Introductions
  2. Feedback needed looking to purchase 2017 35t RSport
    New Member Introductions
  3. Hi from central Scotland
    New Member Introductions

4. Hello from Ontario
    New Member Introductions
  5. Hi from AZ
    New Member Introductions
Read More
  • VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada

• Forum software by XenForo RSS

• Judging by the bumper, that is the basic model; not the R-Sport or S. It could be a Premium or Prestige, depending on options and wheel size (very basic has 18" wheels; Premium and Prestige have 19"). Prestige has Xenon headlamps, heated front seats, nav, rear armrest with cupholders, among other options that the Premium doesn't have. R-Sport and S each have different bumpers, 20" wheels, fog lamps, and other goodies. Only the S has the 380HP engine.
    I very much appreciate it. If you wouldn't mind look up more about it before I go see it.
  • Here is what he wrote.
  • 2017 JAGUAR F-PACE 35T -COMES WITH JAGUAR EXTENDED FACTORY CPO WARRANTY - AWD - TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION SYSTEM - BACK UP CAMERA - DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE - BLIND SPOT ASSIST - TRAFFIC DETECTION - DYNAMIC MODE AGILITY SELECT - PADDLE SHIFTERS - PARKTRONIC PARKING CONTROL - PUSH BUTTON START - PANORAMIC DOUBLE SUNROOF - 10 WAY POWER SEATS WITH MEMEORY CONTROL - HEATED SEATS - REAR HEATED SEATS - HEATED STEERING WHEEL - HEATED WINDSHIELD - LED INTELLIGENT LIGHT SYSTEM - DYNAMIC BI-XENON HEADLIGHTS - ELECTRIC POWER LIFTGATE - POWER FOLDING MIRRORS - RAIN SENSING WIPERS - AMBIENT LIGHTING PACKAGE - MERIDIAN SURROUND SOUND AUDIO SYSTEM - WIFI HOTSPOT - IN CONTROL APPS - IPOD/MP3/AUX MEDIA INTERFACE - USB SLOTS AND SD SLOT - BLUETOOTH - BLUETOOTH AUDIO - SIRIUS/XM SATELLITE RADIO - AND SO MUCH MORE.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,317 Posts
It seems that this post had its code explode.
DP

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

Found the listing. 2017 F-Pace Premium with ICT. One thing that many didn't realize before buying is that the Premium trim didn't come with keyless entry, meaning you have to press a button on the fob to lock/unlock the doors. You may be fine with this, it's just a feature that many expected to be included with a brand such as Jaguar.

The ICT navigation system cannot be updated to support Android Auto/Apple CarPlay if this is important to you.

Will let others provide more details.

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
443 Posts
My book shows that keyless entry is a feature of the premium.
The listed features are all available in various option packages for the Premium.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. My gut feeling is to take a pass on this one. It's in good condition and nice looking but the idea of entertainment/nav system not being to be updated isnt great. I checked the photos and it is the version with the controls on the side

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like you already made up your mind on this one, but one thing I've always found useful when buying my last few cars is using a VIN Decoder to identify which options a car has to help narrow down my search. Usually dealers miss a lot of details on the listing so I always find this helps.

I found the listing for the one you were looking at (link below) if you care to take a look. This same website....although it looks shady....works for almost any brand as well. Good luck in your search, hope you find a nice F-Pace!!

Checking VIN for Jaguar SADCJ2BV8HA057913 | CARInfo

Thanks,
Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts