Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yea I'm back - pls don't hate me.. Am close to pulling the trigger on a lightly used 2020.. 25t Prestige. Optioned to my desires.

Indus Silver with Oyster Ventilated leather (so no contrast stitching but is perforated)

I know - it will be "my F Pace" But still am wondering if anyone has (or has seen) this combo & is loving it or is "meh" on it - I'm usually a more of a slam dunk "big contrast" guy just so I don't commit a fashion faux pas, like Silver with Black, Darker color with Oyster, etc

but.. Really do not prefer the "all black" interior look of the 20 FPace black interiors, like a little more interior contrast & AM good with Oyster as I do keep up with my interiors & kids are into their own cars now.

and.. I really love Indus & the ease of keeping silver exterior clean.. To my eye given only the seats & a couple other things are Oyster it still works ok with the Indus.. it's not a 100% "slam dunk" (but to me they all have SOME kind of shortcoming - that's life)

yet I would fail out of design school (lol) so am wondering..

anyone with this combo & loving or regretting it? appreciate all opinions. THANKS john

PS: this is the actual FPace in question 馃榾

Registered
The only negative I have read here is that for some folks, blue jeans left some of the blue dye on the seats. It might not be an issue, it was something that came up.
Other than that, nice color combo.

Registered
Yea I'm back - pls don't hate me.. Am close to pulling the trigger on a lightly used 2020.. 25t Prestige. Optioned to my desires.

Indus Silver with Oyster Ventilated leather (so no contrast stitching but is perforated)

I know - it will be "my F Pace" But still am wondering if anyone has (or has seen) this combo & is loving it or is "meh" on it - I'm usually a more of a slam dunk "big contrast" guy just so I don't commit a fashion faux pas, like Silver with Black, Darker color with Oyster, etc

but.. Really do not prefer the "all black" interior look of the 20 FPace black interiors, like a little more interior contrast & AM good with Oyster as I do keep up with my interiors & kids are into their own cars now.

and.. I really love Indus & the ease of keeping silver exterior clean.. To my eye given only the seats & a couple other things are Oyster it still works ok with the Indus.. it's not a 100% "slam dunk" (but to me they all have SOME kind of shortcoming - that's life)

yet I would fail out of design school (lol) so am wondering..

anyone with this combo & loving or regretting it? appreciate all opinions. THANKS john

PS: this is the actual FPace in question 馃榾

View attachment 73087

View attachment 73091
[/QUOTE
Hi - go for it it鈥檚 really nice ( have the light Oyster interior on my 2017 ) - slight traces even after wearing intensively jeans but easy to clean - lately I put a ceramic coat for leather and it鈥檚 like new . good luck and enjoy it 馃榾馃榾馃憤

Registered
Slightly off-topic but this one doesn鈥檛 have led headlights. They鈥檙e AMAZING and I would hate to go back to regular ones

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Slightly off-topic but this one doesn鈥檛 have led headlights. They鈥檙e AMAZING and I would hate to go back to regular ones
I would not be ok with the Halogens but the Xenon seem fine & have read there are other Xenon bulbs you can easily change to. One thing it does not have that am ok with.

Registered
2020 Yulong White with Sienna Tan Leather Interior
The only negative I have read here is that for some folks, blue jeans left some of the blue dye on the seats. It might not be an issue, it was something that came up.
Other than that, nice color combo.
totally agree with this statement. I have had 'white leather' seats before and blue jeans have discolored them and it is very hard to get out

Registered
If its just you or you and a significant other... and you keep up on it... you may be OK.
If you have a family or pets, I'd drop that color like a hot potato. Jeans did discolor my wifes seat and we worked it back to decent with some good leather cleaner and dressing. But if it was a daily kid hauler or constant passenger traffic or Mutts? There is no other choice than Jet Black. Day by Day it covers up a lot of sins and still looks good. That is the only thing we will buy in any vehicle we maul to death on a daily basis...

Registered
Silver color is super practical. When it is pure, it is silver. When it is dirty, it is dark silver.)))) The light interior needs constant maintenance. Jeans should be worn neatly. Exclude clothes made of dark leather from use)) And xenon headlights can be easily changed to LED headlights))

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
If its just you or you and a significant other... and you keep up on it... you may be OK.
If you have a family or pets, I'd drop that color like a hot potato.
It is for me & occasional wife or passengers - kids have their own cars.. If I needed to ride my pet (once or twice a year thing) believe me I would have a seat cover on. I wear sweats & shorts mostly - but when I do jeans it's stonewashed jeans only - never indigo, and would definitely keep up with interior.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Silver color is super practical. When it is pure, it is silver. When it is dirty, it is dark silver.)))) The light interior needs constant maintenance. Jeans should be worn neatly. Exclude clothes made of dark leather from use)) And xenon headlights can be easily changed to LED headlights))
I wear no leather..

This is turned into "cons of Oyster" thread.. When what I was really trying to get at was do people think the two colors work together / look good?

Registered
I wear no leather..

This is turned into "cons of Oyster" thread.. When what I was really trying to get at was do people think the two colors work together / look good?
The silver and oyster combo doesn鈥檛 bother me. Interior-wise there鈥檚 enough black for contrast.

On the exterior, however, I wouldn鈥檛 go silver without a black pack for contrast (e.g. black rims, badging). For me, it鈥檚 too light. I think the black accents would look sharp and it鈥檚 something you could easily upgrade.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
The silver and oyster combo doesn鈥檛 bother me. Interior-wise there鈥檚 enough black for contrast.

On the exterior, however, I wouldn鈥檛 go silver without a black pack for contrast (e.g. black rims, badging). For me, it鈥檚 too light. I think the black accents would look sharp and it鈥檚 something you could easily upgrade.
Yea I like black pack look also - would just do a wrap if wanted to.. Have seen it here looking really good for not a lot of $

Registered
So when I got my first F-pace it was the complete setup I would have ordered if my placed order ended up being the car I got. However, I ended up jumping on a canceled order for a first edition and ended up with Caesium Blue, with that same Oyster/Ebony interior. No regrets on those choices at all, but the silver really goes well with those inside colors.

Reactions: OldSchool
1 - 14 of 14 Posts