Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the lighting itself is different with the luxury pack, or do you just get to control it? I'd like to be able to change the colors, but didn't see it being worth an extra $2k for that and a cold red bull in the glovebox...

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Everybody wants to PLAY , but nobody wants to PAY !!! >:)

BTW , WORTH EVERY PENNY !!! IMO ! ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
does anyone know if the lighting itself is different with the luxury pack, or do you just get to control it? I'd like to be able to change the colors, but didn't see it being worth an extra $2k for that and a cold red bull in the glovebox...
Standard lighting is blue and the intensity can be adjusted. The lux package gives you the full pimp-car treatment with multiple colors and modes. Does not enhance the driving experience imho, but may enhance the parking experience...

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Standard lighting is blue and the intensity can be adjusted. The lux package gives you the full pimp-car treatment with multiple colors and modes. Does not enhance the driving experience imho, but may enhance the parking experience...
While I will AGREE with you that Different Colored Mood/Accent Lighting does not "ENHANCE" the Handling or Performance of the vehicle , you have to admit that the "Driving Experience" can be "Enhanced" by the Surrounding Atmosphere , which could easily be adjusted by just changing the color of the lights !!! This theory is no different then when you hear so many on this Forum talk about "HOW COOL" it is to see the Instrument Panel glow *RED* , when they switch to *Dynamic Mode* and *S Gear* !!! Just IMAGINE how much COOLER it feels when ALL the Interior Lights glow *RED* for those "ENHANCED DRIVING EXPERIENCES* !!! >:)

BTW , *PURPLE* is the best for *PIMP MODE* !!! ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Since this is about lights, My 20d R-Sport does not appear to have rear seat footwell lights, or they don't work. Is this correct?

·
Registered
173 Posts
While I will AGREE with you that Different Colored Mood/Accent Lighting does not "ENHANCE" the Handling or Performance of the vehicle , you have to admit that the "Driving Experience" can be "Enhanced" by the Surrounding Atmosphere , which could easily be adjusted by just changing the color of the lights !!! This theory is no different then when you hear so many on this Forum talk about "HOW COOL" it is to see the Instrument Panel glow *RED* , when they switch to *Dynamic Mode* and *S Gear* !!! Just IMAGINE how much COOLER it feels when ALL the Interior Lights glow *RED* for those "ENHANCED DRIVING EXPERIENCES* !!! >:)

Yep...took my sis-in-law and her husband for a ride at night and when I switched from ECO to Dynamic, all the interior went RED...She now calls it ANGRY MODE!!! :)

·
Registered
258 Posts

Don't forget that there is additional mood lighting in the car compared to just the standard package.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Since this is about lights, My 20d R-Sport does not appear to have rear seat footwell lights, or they don't work. Is this correct?
I think Jman and I had a discussion concerning the Rear Footwell Lights , and the consensus was that you only get them if you purchased the *Luxury Package* !

In this case , I am a *HAVE* , and He is a *HAVE NOT* !!! >:)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
interesting. Understood that it's not controllable (e.g. ambient lighting or whatever the menu item is, is not available on the touchscreen. But does anyone know for sure if the actual lighting (the little strips of light bar or whatever) is physically different with the luxury package? That's more where I was going, maybe it's something that can be unlocked in the ECU. I'd pay $100 or $200 for the feature, I just didn't think it was worth $2k and wasn't thrilled over the other parts of that package at that price.

·
Registered
589 Posts
... you have to admit that the "Driving Experience" can be "Enhanced" by the Surrounding Atmosphere , which could easily be adjusted by just changing the color of the lights... BTW , *PURPLE* is the best for *PIMP MODE* !!! ;)
Nope, shiny objects out of sight inside the car don't do anything for me.
Thanks for the tip on best colors for parking though ;)

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I think Jman and I had a discussion concerning the Rear Footwell Lights , and the consensus was that you only get them if you purchased the *Luxury Package* !

In this case , I am a *HAVE* , and He is a *HAVE NOT* !!! >:)
Yup, me and GR figured out that rear footwell lights are part of the lux interior pack. You do get front footwell lights on most of the trim levels (I believe) but they will be the horrific, cheap looking incandescent bulbs. Ive replaced mine with fine looking LED retrofit bulbs and at night it really lifts the interior, make it look very nice. There is a thread out there with all the necessary info on it to retrofit LEDs to the front footwells; very easy process and at a 10-20 dollar cost I don't know why everyone wouldn't be doing it. Im not sure why Jaguar wouldn't just streamline this feature to all trims, would save money in the long run.

Reactions: MTGRL
1 - 12 of 12 Posts