Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone compare BMW X6, Mercedes GLE 53 coupe with FPace SVR before choosing the SVR? If so, mind providing the things you didn't like or liked about the other 2 choices? Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did not compare X6, but did cross-shop the AMG GLE coupe. F-Pace trunk was considerably bigger, which was a selling point for me. I prefer the looks of the SVR over both the BMW and Benz as well. Technology in F-Pace feels comparable to the Mercedes COMAND system (replaced with MBUX next year) and Mercedes doesn't have a dedicated steering wheel button for previous/next track, which irritated me. F-Pace also drove "lighter on its feet" compared to Benz.

Reactions: Stephen.513

·
Registered
54 Posts
The 53 merc not even in the same league as the svr for sound and speed you need to compare with the x6 m or the Glc 63 s when I had my svr I did look at the 63s but it’s over £10 k more and the x5 m wasn’t out at the time but that’s £20k more .
So for the price it’s a real bargain I’ve often thought about swapping but I think I would only replace it with the new model svr I’m also tempted to have mine upgraded to the lister stealth

·
Registered
326 Posts
my comps when I was looking at the F-Pace 2017-S were they macan s/gts, audi sq5, alfa stelvio, x4 (3 is too small, 5 is too big, and there was no x4m at the time), x6, and briefly looked at baby AMGs but meh. Everything was either too expensive (porsche, bmw, MB), too small (porsche, alfa), too plain (audi, MB)

When looking at the SVR there was simply nothing competitive with what I was looking for.
in the price range - alfa guilia quadrifoglio, cayenne S, GLE 53, really nothing with 500+hp that could also haul a decent sized order from IKEA.
in the size range - x6m/x6m50i, cayenne turbo, GLE 63s, plenty of options, almost all too high price, or their low-powered base models.
in the power/speed range - porsche cayenne turbo, bmw x6m/x5m, GLE 63s, not a lot that make 550+ hp, and none of those were under $100k

in the luxury feel is where most of these felt nicer than the SVR, but with the update it's right up there with them. If they offered it I'd pay the $5k difference now to swap out ICTP, seats, console etc for the new stuff in a hearbeat.

maintenance - Jag includes it all except the initial break-in oil change, others cost extra (in addition to already being more expensive)

and the exhaust note? AMGs sound pretty good, but the SVR sounds better :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...great rundown. I have a 2020 S and looking to give it to my wife and I upgrade. I've narrowed it down to x6 or svr. I keep going back and forth but dollar for dollar it seems SVR is more sensible. X6 has a luxury feel with big wide body and tires. SVR upgraded interior and pivy seem to be better. ICTP in my S frustrates me alot because it's inconsistent (has a mind of its own sometimes) and forces my eyes off the road too much trying to confirm if a command I gave it actually took. Wish it was mounted higher up. SVR also has soo many configurable choices to get the look you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts