Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This appears to be a very popular option with the cooled front seats and rear heated seats. I've had heated seats, but not cooled and wonder how much I will use it. I live north of Seattle and we have fairly mild summer temps averaging around 70 degrees June- September time period. It would be a much easier decision for me if I lived in a warmer part of the country, but as I mentioned I have never had cooled seats. I was also wondering about the other components of the package and would appreciate the comments of members who have the package or those that might of passed on it. Thanks

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Hello! YES , I have the Comfort & Convenience Package ! In Maryland we do actually get 90-100 degree days in the Summer , so I LOVE the Air Conditioned Seats ! I find that while I have nice cool air blowing from the dash , my butt and back still feel warm & sweaty , but within seconds of turning the Cool Seats on , it is like you are sitting on one of the vents in the dash ! You also have three fan levels to choose from ! I would say it's Very Nice , but I would rather say "It's VERY COOL" ! :) Now , we also LOVE the "Gesture Tailgate" , basically for when coming out of a store with your hands full of bags ! Also , it is nice to be able to set the Tailgate to where when it opens it only goes to a set height , that way my short wife can still reach the close button (I think all models have this feature) ! The "Remote Release" for the back seats is in the cargo area , so you can put them down from back there , which is very convenient ! I have gotten a few thumbs up from passengers in the rear seats , for being able to "Recline" the seat (even though it is just a little bit) it helps ! So , I would say that this Package is *Alot of Bang for the Buck* ! IMO , of course ! :)

Reactions: Roadsterguy

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
This appears to be a very popular option with the cooled front seats and rear heated seats. I've had heated seats, but not cooled and wonder how much I will use it. I live north of Seattle and we have fairly mild summer temps averaging around 70 degrees June- September time period. It would be a much easier decision for me if I lived in a warmer part of the country, but as I mentioned I have never had cooled seats. I was also wondering about the other components of the package and would appreciate the comments of members who have the package or those that might of passed on it. Thanks
This package is a bargain at $1800. You get the cooled front seats which are great, even at 70 degrees its nice to have. There are three levels, I often keep it at the lowest level and it keeps you very comfortable. I often turn the air off and just have the cooled seat on.

You get heated outboard rear seats which is great. Dont really need an explanation, there great haha.

You get the electrically adjustable rear seats (not sure if you get a manual one without this package) but this is great, I had my girlfriend drive my f-pace while I sat in the back and the seat back reclines to a very nice angle, with the panoramic roof shade open I almost fell asleep; very serene and tranquil! :laugh:

You get the gesture tailgate where you can kick your foot under the bumper and it will open; some people have reported issues with it not recognizing there kick but I have had no issues at all and it works great.

Last but not least you get trunk area release levers for the rear seats. This is really accommodating because when you need more room you can just pull on a lever in the trunk instead of having to walk up to the seat and pool a lever.

For 1800 dollars the package is really something that should automatically be added on. IMO of course.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have it and absolutely love it but in my opinion, I believe the front seats are a little firmer cause of the climate in them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
A complete ripoff! I hate cooled seat it feels weird for me and i dont have the sweat problems people here seem to have. The back seat features are whatever. You're going to sit in the front seats anyway!

1800 is really expensive for this option. I think this and the luxury interior packages are an easy way to save some money on overpriced options.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
A complete ripoff! I hate cooled seat it feels weird for me and i dont have the sweat problems people here seem to have. The back seat features are whatever. You're going to sit in the front seats anyway!

1800 is really expensive for this option. I think this and the luxury interior packages are an easy way to save some money on overpriced options.
Of course you do ! >:)

·
Registered
151 Posts

Of course you do !
2004 ford had the cooled seats. It amazes me people pay for them.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
2004 ford had the cooled seats. It amazes me people pay for them.
It amazes me , that YOU have an F-pace ! Because I was hoping only COOL people had them ! Maybe you would be COOLER , if you had air-conditioned seats ! >:)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Im way cooler then you are.
You just confirmed yourself to be incorrect ! Because you said "way cooler" ! >:) Did you notice I said you "have" an F-Pace , since you don't "OWN" and F-Pace ! >:) I can do this ALL NIGHT LONG ! >:)

·
Registered
5,065 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

Ohhhh Redjag... why does it always seem that the thread is going so great then you come in and rain on everyones parade. I dont have a sweat problem but I do have black leather, so when I park my car outside and the sun shines on it all day long there hot; I turn the cooled seat feature on and now there... hm whats the word I'm looking for.. Oh yes, There COOL!

I think you should go out to the park, or mall, or a public gathering and make some friends and offer them a drive in your F-pace. OH MY GOSH, we just realized what the rear seat features are for!!

;)>:)

·
Registered
151 Posts

Ohhhh Redjag... why does it always seem that the thread is going so great then you come in and rain on everyones parade. I dont have a sweat problem but I do have black leather, so when I park my car outside and the sun shines on it all day long there hot; I turn the cooled seat feature on and now there... hm whats the word I'm looking for.. Oh yes, There COOL!

I think you should go out to the park, or mall, or a public gathering and make some friends and offer them a drive in your F-pace. OH MY GOSH, we just realized what the rear seat features are for!!

In the end of the day you need to get the options you would use. If these are things you would really want get them. I just think they arent that useful and are overpriced for me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't use the cooled seats often, but my wife does whenever she rides with me. They are quick and work extremely well - second best I have tested and used just under Toyota/Lexus. My son loves the reclining feature of the back seat - likes to go back and forth often depending on his mood (he is always moving around so the seats get a workout, haha). The gesture tailgate is nice to have...I use it on occasion when my hands are full. We won't use heated seats much here in FL, but it does get 'cold' (once you live here a while, 60 degree weather is considered chilly) and they come in handy for those few days a year when its pretty chilly outside in the early mornings.

As stated, its a matter of need and want. If you live in Seattle, the cooled seats might not be much of an incentive for you. Best you can do is test them out and see if the package as a whole is worth it.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I don't use the cooled seats often, but my wife does whenever she rides with me. They are quick and work extremely well - second best I have tested and used just under Toyota/Lexus. My son loves the reclining feature of the back seat - likes to go back and forth often depending on his mood (he is always moving around so the seats get a workout, haha). The gesture tailgate is nice to have...I use it on occasion when my hands are full. We won't use heated seats much here in FL, but it does get 'cold' (once you live here a while, 60 degree weather is considered chilly) and they come in handy for those few days a year when its pretty chilly outside in the early mornings.

As stated, its a matter of need and want. If you live in Seattle, the cooled seats might not be much of an incentive for you. Best you can do is test them out and see if the package as a whole is worth it.
Wow, when you say 60 degrees is cold :|
Lets house swap for a year and you can come up here to the Philly suburbs and feel what cold is haha! There are times that with wind chill its BELOW 0!!! :crying:

Reactions: GRVR
1 - 20 of 40 Posts