Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any diesel owners in the north had problems with starts in the cold: i.e. temps down near zero fahrenheit? My diesel pickup starts, but complains loudly when I forget to plug it in when the temps hit single digits.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Haven't had a problem.
I think the lowest temp here in MA since
I got my pace is 12

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Have any diesel owners in the north had problems with starts in the cold: i.e. temps down near zero fahrenheit? My diesel pickup starts, but complains loudly when I forget to plug it in when the temps hit single digits.
Do the Diesel F-Paces have a Plug-In ??? Too bad if they don't , cause it really does help with start ups !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Caymus, that shows that the plugs do work. The technology on diesel starts keeps getting better.

GRVR, they do have a plug in which I understand is standard in Canada. It also understand it is available here not advertised. Unfortunately I didn't find out about it till after my final changes date. Sounds like it may not be necessary though.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have not seen it mentioned here but one minor concern is if the DEF tank is heated. I'm sure it prob is, but at sub zero temps DEF "can" freeze. Most modern diesels have this covered...
I have a Grand Cherokee diesel and it starts fine sitting outside at -5 F NOT plugged in, so I'm sure the Jag will be fine. I'm considering the 20D also....

Reactions: kris and skyking

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Why don't you post a copy in the North West regional forum. Those guys have been getting all the cold weather this year:)
They need a posting over there, since nobody has submitted one yet;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mine wouldn’t start today. -2. So I called. Was told to stay inside
and wait for better weather.
Hmmmmmm.
I understand that others are outside. I’m not

·
Registered
591 Posts
... they do have a plug in which I understand is standard in Canada. It also understand it is available here not advertised...
Unless JLR policy has changed, the block heater is *not* available anywhere in the US unless you order the parts after the fact (my parts manager talked to Jag USA and the motherland). My dealer was not sure that the software would not throw errors and strongly recommended against it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts