Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting an order in for a 2018 F-Pace with my local dealer (45min-1 hr away), I found a 2017 F-Pace in almost the exact configuration I was looking for at a dealership 200 miles away. The price I negotiated on the 2017 is at invoice and if we lease, that monthly is lower than anything I've been seeing in the leasing tools I've quadruple checked on Jaguar sites and Edmunds, with nothing down.

The 2018 price the local dealer is giving me is 2K below MSRP plus whatever rebates (if there are any) are available at delivery in June, but he said he thinks Lease prices will not be as good (good being relative) as they are now.

After obsessively reading through this forum I am concerned about taking this deal on the 2017 this close to the 2018 release due to the mechanical issues/bugs that may be worked out in the 2018 build. I would be fine waiting for the 2018 if it weren't for the 4K price difference in the two and the possibility of the lease price going up significantly. Plus, with a dealership being so far away, working out bugs is not a quick trip to get a loaner for me.

I am looking for a reality/perspective check. The payments either way are not near budget breakers for us, but if the differences are negligible I can think of plenty of wise and fun things I can do with the extra money.

Builds:
2017 35t Prestige
Ebony/Latte
Vision
Comfort & Convenience
Gloss black roof rails
Prot Package
Sirius
Wheel Lock
20" VENOM 5 TWIN-SPOKE WITH GLOSS BLACK FINISH

2018 35t Prestige
Ebony/Latte
Vision
Comfort & Convenience
Black Package
Prot Package
Wheel Lock
19" 5 spoke with Black finish

:confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would take the 2017 for the savings as long as it is a car you like. Check the build date and make sure it has been dewormed and had all its shots. I have a late 2017 with now over 7000 miles and it has been great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would take the 2017 for the savings as long as it is a car you like. Check the build date and make sure it has been dewormed and had all its shots. I have a late 2017 with now over 7000 miles and it has been great.
I agree with @Hayseed. I have 2017 that was built in Nov and have yet to see any of the major issues that were discovered by the early adopters. Occasional ICTP glitches, but all electronics have their hiccups. Plus, 20" rims!

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
225 Posts
Agree with others, take the 2017. The money you save can go towards some gas if you have to take it into the dealer for any fixes...although you can easily see what has been an issue here and make sure the car gets everything taken care of in one go at the dealership before you get it or during a trip to your local dealer for updates.

Congrats either way!

PS - my 2017 is nearly identical to your 2018 except I do have the roof rails and I have the tech package.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Hmmm....you can save money, have better wheel size, avoid the next round of fed rate increases in June (which might hit lease rates) and be in a vehicle next week or wait until June......

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmmm....you can save money, have better wheel size, avoid the next round of fed rate increases in June (which might hit lease rates) and be in a vehicle next week or wait until June......
This is very smart guidance, I would follow it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just picked up a 2017 last night... never hesitated. Newer always seems better for most, but we have no regrets not waiting for the 2018.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
575 Posts
I agree with all above. I'm in the same boat, and am hoping there are actually 2017s left to look at next month when I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
If I could have found a 2017 that was right, with all the options we wanted, I would have possibly bought right away too, But any one I found in stock w/in 6 hrs distance, were missing things that we would not be happy without, or wrong color etc...So at 60+ K, For us, it wasn't worth taking a vehicle we weren't 100% satisfied with just to save a few K. This is something you have to live with a long time, so you better feel good when you slip in that seat.
Mine was ordered on 3-8 and is now tracking for a 3rd week in May del.... Not to long to wait to be 100% satisfied......

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
575 Posts
If I could have found a 2017 that was right, with all the options we wanted, I would have possibly bought right away too, But any one I found in stock w/in 6 hrs distance, were missing things that we would not be happy without, or wrong color etc...So at 60+ K, For us, it wasn't worth taking a vehicle we weren't 100% satisfied with just to save a few K. This is something you have to live with a long time, so you better feel good when you slip in that seat.
Mine was ordered on 3-8 and is now tracking for a 3rd week in May del.... Not to long to wait to be 100% satisfied......
I completely agree. When you're shopping in this price point, your happiness matters. I am actually pretty simple with what options I want (S with Tech, comfort, roof rails...anything else is a "nice to have"), so finding a '17 with my desired setup shouldn't be too difficult.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I say '17 all the way. If it has what you want why wait, just keep the extra cash in your pocket every month (I am guessing it will be over a $100/mo). Since it is a lease the only cost to you is the inconvenience of possibly needing to go to the dealer more often. Judging by recent experiences (by myself and others) the chances are pretty good that the currently available '17s out there will be similar to what you would get if you ordered.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
+1 on the 17MY.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys (unisex term in the northeast :)) are awesome! Exactly the type of feedback I needed. The only difference as far as options is the '17 doesn't have the black package and some of the minor differences in additions to the '18 packages, but does have the upgraded wheels which I love! Since I can't get the Jet Headliner with Latte in the '18 anyway, I am quite happy with everything accept for how much taxes are!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just thought of another difference between the two builds you described. The vision pkg on the '18 includes autonomous emergency braking which I am pretty sure is not available on '17 prestige's.

Maybe this is not a big deal but I wanted to at least point it out. AEB and the Brogue interior are the main reason's I upgraded to an S.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
You guys (unisex term in the northeast :)) are awesome! Exactly the type of feedback I needed. The only difference as far as options is the '17 doesn't have the black package and some of the minor differences in additions to the '18 packages, but does have the upgraded wheels which I love! Since I can't get the Jet Headliner with Latte in the '18 anyway, I am quite happy with everything accept for how much taxes are!
I bet *GR* can give you a few more good reasons to get the '17 !!!

$4K would probably get you at least a FEW *FUN-FILLED FAMILY WEEKENDS* down at Good Ol' *FRONTIER TOWN CAMPGROUND* , and some Good Times at Ocean City, MD !!! >:)
Or maybe *1-Whole Week* there , and then a few other weekends somewhere else !!! ;)
*GO CAMPING* !!! :D

That's $4K worth of *GREAT MEMORIES* waiting to be made !!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts