1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
265 Posts
I love my 20 BRG with Oyster and lime green stitching! Not the fastest on the road but I don't think I'd enjoy scareing myself half to death everytime I drive with the gas options. Speed is relative. I feel exhilaration when my sailboat hits 7 KNOTS! Try 20,000 lbs with NO BRAKES!
Sorry, I guess The article got my fur up!

·
Registered
591 Posts
not that cnbc is any great car reviewer but interesting observations...
Yeah, seemed to get it about right.
A few nits:
1) diesels don't have notoriously narrow powerbands. Reviewer may be confusing that with diesels redlining at relatively low RPM but that is offset by having power from very low RPM.
2) relative fuel prices vary over the life of the car. Right now diesel doesn't show a cost advantage, but over the life of the car is likely to be priced on average at about mid-grade (that's been my experience over 20 years of owning diesels).
3) ICTP may have some annoyances but ICT does not exhibit any of those symptoms and the article does not go into detail on cost/benefits of different models.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yeah I didn’t really like the fuel price comparison seeing as how that really depends on where you live. This week here in El Paso, I paid $2.69/gal for diesel and 91 octane premium is running $3.05/gal. So wherever the reviewer lives it was 0.12/gal more for diesel whereas I pay 0.36/gal less.
I loved the Oyster interior (although not the lime stitching) and would have ordered it if the thread could be changed.
Plus, I love my 20d and no one will convince me otherwise. :D

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
To each his own. There is an F-Pace for every taste. If your thing is gas mileage and moderate speeds, there is an F-Pace for you. If you enjoy beating Camaros and Mustangs to the next light and hitting triple digits on the highway, there is an F-Pace for you. Hopefully no one lets the nattering nabobs of negativism who write these reviews upset them very much.

·
Registered
521 Posts
To each his own. There is an F-Pace for every taste. If your thing is gas mileage and moderate speeds, there is an F-Pace for you. If you enjoy beating Camaros and Mustangs to the next light and hitting triple digits on the highway, there is an F-Pace for you. Hopefully no one lets the nattering nabobs of negativism who write these reviews upset them very much.
Last time I checked the diesel is rated at 129mph top speed. Not sure that is moderate

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
nattering nabobs of negativism
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trek , We have GOT TO BE *Brothers from a different Mother . . . . . . . . . and Father* !!!>:)

But *Brothers* , none the less !!!;):D0:)

·
F Pace Expert
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Technically “nattering nabobs of negativity”, nice deployment of that historic phase ;)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Having had diesels for many years, when you are in that camp, you know you won't prob ever go back to a gasser. Our 20D is plenty fast enough for us, and PUL is still more expensive than diesel around here. Not to mention I can go 40% further on that same gallon of fuel. 450+ miles per tank and smooth as can be. It prob isn't the right choice for most FP owners, but I'm glad I had that choice available to me. Without it we prob wouldn't have chosen the FP......

·
Registered
259 Posts
I liked that review. Thought reviewer nailed the low value issue with interior trim, and nailed the superior driving experience and good looks. I hope that Jaguar will bring the 25d engine to North America, since that will beat my 25t on economy and torque and be similar in power.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts