Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that my clock runs slow by a minute or two per month, so I periodically have to update it. It's obviously not a big deal, but has anyone else noticed the same?

I have ICT, not ICTP.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I've noticed that my clock runs slow by a minute or two per month, so I periodically have to update it. It's obviously not a big deal, but has anyone else noticed the same?

I have ICT, not ICTP.
Yes, mine as well, and had to manually change fall and spring for that daylight savings thing. Those with ICTP have the clock signal tied to GPS (or maybe cell), I believe, so always accurate. My 12 year old Jaguar is that way, pulling from outside sources to update the clock, I never had to adjust it. I was surprised that my new F-Pace does not.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Me too!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Wait. How is this actually a thing? Why isn't ICT also using GPS to keep the clock up to date?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wait. How is this actually a thing? Why isn't ICT also using GPS to keep the clock up to date?
Or cellular... Or why can a 19 dollar Walmart Casio keep accurate time but not the clock in my car... Or why do some of my mechanical watches keep better time... o_O

·
Registered
48 Posts
Setting DST this spring was weird since I believe my clock was set to adjust, but obviously didn't. I noticed yesterday that the clock is running approx. 3 min. slow since I sprang forward last month. I agree with everyone else. Why the ICT isn't tied in w/GPS the same as ICTP is nuts. The same as my S not having a basic CD player. Why you'd have to upgrade to ICTP to get the 80's technology of a disc player is disappointing. Love this F-Pace generally, but the small details...or lack thereof give me a headache.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Basic low or no cost items that 20 k cars have had for years does blow my mind also.... What could it hurt to include them?
Having to pay thousands more for basic, let alone luxury items is crazy.....

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
....And there is no audio mute button on the steering wheel or no compass heading.....But I've got clock displays every-dam-where and they're inaccurate all the time.

Reactions: Brian and TLockhart

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same problem here and it drives my wife crazy with the time being off. Curious if there will be a fix.

·
Registered
118 Posts
This car can connect to the internet when it's been turned off for days in order to remote start and update trips (theoretically anyways), but it can't connect to time-a.nist.gov to keep accurate time. Interesting logic.

I only have to adjust my Tundra's standalone dash clock twice a year. It's not that hard to make an accurate digital clock. It's really not.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Last time I set the clock was Jan 25th...Today I just set it again..it was 3 minutes off (slow)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Now I don't feel so bad about spending $3200 for the Technology Package.>:)

Reactions: VZX-CO and sg92

·
Registered
7 Posts
Time waits for no one...

Yes, I have to say that my F-Pace also can't keep time worth a whit. It's definitely one of those quirks that I laugh at! But it's still a great vehicle that has gotten me more compliments than my previous beast - a 2015 bright yellow 'Vette...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts