Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a parking garage yesterday, which I HIGHLY recommend to hear the awesome exhaust, and as I made each turn, there was a pronounced clicking that sounded a little tinny, but not sure what it could have been. I was thinking it had something to do with the differentials mitigating the differences in wheels turning, but none of my other all wheel drive cars have had this. Anyone know what this might be?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I haven't noticed this on the 2019, but my First Edition did do this sometimes when pulling out of my driveway slow. Didn't notice it on quick turns, only slow sharp ones. I would refer to the sound and feel in the car as ratcheting, like with a socket ratchet, but there was also a little shimmy in the car. Again, I haven't seen this at all on the 2019.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went through this issue and it was the wheel bearings/hubs. They replaced them and the ticking noise was gone. There’s a thread about this issue somewhere on here, its where i found out about the hubs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went through this issue and it was the wheel bearings/hubs. They replaced them and the ticking noise was gone. There’s a thread about this issue somewhere on here, its where i found out about the hubs.
Thank you
I'll have them check it out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I brought the Jag in for a fix on the clicking. It appears that Jag is still trying to identify the correct fix for this. They had to send an audio file to JLR. The fix was to re-torque the "wheel lug" and the lug nuts in multiple steps. It did rectify the problem and its currently silent. I also had them check brake pads due to the squeak and that is also now quiet. I had bed them and they still were squeaking. Now all is good.

Got my oil changed as a precaution. I don't like the idea of the break in oil being in there for 16,000 miles. However, $160 for an oil change? Wasn't expecting that. 8.5 quarts of oil in these beasts is quite the oil reserve.

·
Registered
171 Posts
mine is making a sort of clicking when the wheel is turned enough to make a U turn or tight right or left. seems to be the wheel opposite the direction of the turn (right turn = front left wheel, left turn = front right wheel). didn't notice it on the test drive, just when I got to a parking garage.

also agree on the oil change, not waiting to 16k, the S I just traded in barely had that many miles and I had it over 2 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m in New Zealand and had my svr for 2 months and it started making this clicking noise too. I have 1600kms. I took it in twice and they ordered parts. They said it was the nuts that needed torquing and new wheel bearings. I am having it fixed this week hope it goes okay.

since this issue it feels like the handling is not the same, the car doesn’t handle as well as it did and feels like it bounces around more. Anyone else experience this ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I brought the Jag in for a fix on the clicking. It appears that Jag is still trying to identify the correct fix for this. They had to send an audio file to JLR. The fix was to re-torque the "wheel lug" and the lug nuts in multiple steps. It did rectify the problem and its currently silent. I also had them check brake pads due to the squeak and that is also now quiet. I had bed them and they still were squeaking. Now all is good.

Got my oil changed as a precaution. I don't like the idea of the break in oil being in there for 16,000 miles. However, $160 for an oil change? Wasn't expecting that. 8.5 quarts of oil in these beasts is quite the oil reserve.
Only $160.00 for an oil change? My Ram 1500 pickup was $185 every 8-10k miles. I'll gladly pay $160.00 every 16k miles.
The beast has an oil reserve for the supercharger. And it also lubricates the engine in a lot more places/ ways.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone, I’m in New Zealand and had my svr for 2 months and it started making this clicking noise too. I have 1600kms. I took it in twice and they ordered parts. They said it was the nuts that needed torquing and new wheel bearings. I am having it fixed this week hope it goes okay.

since this issue it feels like the handling is not the same, the car doesn’t handle as well as it did and feels like it bounces around more. Anyone else experience this ?
You don't need new wheel bearings. It's simply the re torquing of the lugnuts. Now if I could only get my brakes to stay quiet. It's rough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't noticed this on the 2019, but my First Edition did do this sometimes when pulling out of my driveway slow. Didn't notice it on quick turns, only slow sharp ones. I would refer to the sound and feel in the car as ratcheting, like with a socket ratchet, but there was also a little shimmy in the car. Again, I haven't seen this at all on the 2019.
Did you find a fix for it for your First Edition? I’ve got the same clicking noise on my First Edition as well.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I never took the first edition in for the problem. As I mentioned it only happened when I was turning out of my driveway. There is some gravel there, so I assumed it was the tires slipping a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
PA-FPace-F
Jaguar F-Pace Forum
Jaguar F-Pace Forum is the best community to discuss the SUV’s towing, interior, reliability, mods, AWD, SVR models and more.
Full Forum Listing