Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
mine is making a sort of clicking when the wheel is turned enough to make a U turn or tight right or left. seems to be the wheel opposite the direction of the turn (right turn = front left wheel, left turn = front right wheel). didn't notice it on the test drive, just when I got to a parking garage.

also agree on the oil change, not waiting to 16k, the S I just traded in barely had that many miles and I had it over 2 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m in New Zealand and had my svr for 2 months and it started making this clicking noise too. I have 1600kms. I took it in twice and they ordered parts. They said it was the nuts that needed torquing and new wheel bearings. I am having it fixed this week hope it goes okay.

since this issue it feels like the handling is not the same, the car doesn’t handle as well as it did and feels like it bounces around more. Anyone else experience this ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I brought the Jag in for a fix on the clicking. It appears that Jag is still trying to identify the correct fix for this. They had to send an audio file to JLR. The fix was to re-torque the "wheel lug" and the lug nuts in multiple steps. It did rectify the problem and its currently silent. I also had them check brake pads due to the squeak and that is also now quiet. I had bed them and they still were squeaking. Now all is good.

Got my oil changed as a precaution. I don't like the idea of the break in oil being in there for 16,000 miles. However, $160 for an oil change? Wasn't expecting that. 8.5 quarts of oil in these beasts is quite the oil reserve.
Only $160.00 for an oil change? My Ram 1500 pickup was $185 every 8-10k miles. I'll gladly pay $160.00 every 16k miles.
The beast has an oil reserve for the supercharger. And it also lubricates the engine in a lot more places/ ways.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m in New Zealand and had my svr for 2 months and it started making this clicking noise too. I have 1600kms. I took it in twice and they ordered parts. They said it was the nuts that needed torquing and new wheel bearings. I am having it fixed this week hope it goes okay.

since this issue it feels like the handling is not the same, the car doesn’t handle as well as it did and feels like it bounces around more. Anyone else experience this ?
You don't need new wheel bearings. It's simply the re torquing of the lugnuts. Now if I could only get my brakes to stay quiet. It's rough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't noticed this on the 2019, but my First Edition did do this sometimes when pulling out of my driveway slow. Didn't notice it on quick turns, only slow sharp ones. I would refer to the sound and feel in the car as ratcheting, like with a socket ratchet, but there was also a little shimmy in the car. Again, I haven't seen this at all on the 2019.
Did you find a fix for it for your First Edition? I’ve got the same clicking noise on my First Edition as well.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I never took the first edition in for the problem. As I mentioned it only happened when I was turning out of my driveway. There is some gravel there, so I assumed it was the tires slipping a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just ran into this problem with my 17f-pace. Im taking it in friday. Has the issue been officially fixed for everyone in earlier post? I plan on lowering it soon so would hate to run into the problem after that!
Did they fully resolve this? I brought mine in and they replaced the hubs, but it started clicking again about a month later. I brought it in again, and it has been in for 2 weeks because they cant figure out what is causing it. Just curious if yours was fully resolved.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Buy IELTS certificate online without the Exam ielts certificate for sale/Buy IELTS Score Card Online| IELTS Certificate Without Exam Real IELTS certificate |Email; [email protected]. or validieltscertificate.com/
what’s app: +1(202)852-9938) BUY 100% VERIFIED IELTS/TOEFL/ESOL/GRE/PTE/GMAT/NEBOSH//DELTA/TOEIC/ CERTIFICATES WITHOUT EXAMS IN INDIA, QATAR, KUWAIT, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, UAE, FRANCE, UK, CANADA, USA, CHINA, JAPAN.
Buy IELTS certificate online, Buy TOEFL certificate online, Buy GRE Certificate Online, Buy GMAT Certificate Online, Buy CAE certificate online, IELTS Certificate for sale, Registered IELTS certificate for sale, IELTS certificate without exam, Buy original IELTS certificate, Buy CAE certificate online, Buy TOEFL certificate onliney IELTS certificate online, IELTS Certificate for sale, Registered IELTS certificate for sale, Buy GRE Certificate Online, Buy GMAT Certificate Online, Buy original IELTS certificate, IELTS certificate without exam.
Get original IELTS| Buy IELTS certificate online| Genuine IELTS score card| validieltscertificate.com/ IELTS Certificate Order ielts,toefl,toxic, attendiing the exam/ in China,buy real ielts in lebanon/oman,ielts9 certificate er8i8tificate for sale in uk,Buy Ielts 8 Qatar in Afghanistan,Get Ielts Band 7 and 8 Sri Lanka,Acquire Ielts Band 8 Palestine,ielts for australia w ork permit,Buy Ielts certificate Band 8 France, validieltscertificate.com/Buy IELTS certificate online | Registered IELTS certificate for sale

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

My 2.0D AWD R-Sport MY2017 has developed also this clicking noise at front end when turning wheels, here you have a (bad) video where you can clearly hear it:

I've taken the car to the dealer 4 times and they just say it's normal, because according to them, due to F-Pace and E-Pace break system they are prone to generate this noise over time. They cleaned my front brake pads and applied grease to break springs twice, but as I expected, nothing has changed and the click noise is still there.

I’ve told them to look at topix SSM73473, SSM73403 and SSM74253 as I’ve seen here and in the British forum that they are related to this noise, but they simply say that my car isn’t inside the VIN range of these topix and now I’m in a dead end.

Could anybody please share the VIN range of these topix or tell me if there are new topix related to clicking noises when turning?

Thanks and best regards

·
Registered
119 Posts
The document I was given has the number 74.20.05.
I've attached at the bottom.
This fixed the issue for me. Hopefully it works for you too.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have a metallic clicking sound. Im not an expert on sounds, but I dont think its the wheel bearing. I had a CV go bad and I dont think it is that either.
Regardless, I took it to the dealer, and they said its the brakes. Yes my brakes squeal, but its an obvious different sound. So i changed the brakes and squeal is gone, but now i have the parking brake issue, that I cant find a fix for. Swear the warranty is gonna be gone by the time i can get them to look at this sound.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts