Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So the dealer still has my car and now Jaguar wants them to replace the whole front axle. They said it would take a couple of days to install. If this doesn't fix the issue then I don't know what will. I will keep you all updated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here's the description of this repair from my invoice. SSM72473 refers to a service bulletin; the shop started by applying this, but you'll see that it wasn't the cause of the clicking sound.

AFTER COMPLETION OF (SSM72473) CLICKING NOISE WAS STILL FOUND WHEN DRIVING AT LOW SPEEDS AND MAKING TURNS. LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT CV SHAFT NUT WERE PREVIOUSLY REPLACED AND THREADS HAD TO BE REPAIRED WHILE PERFORMING SSM72473. WHEN REMOVING HUB ASSEMBLY AND AXLE SHAFT NUTS THE THREADS WERE DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR REPLACED LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT CV SHAFTS AND LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT HUB BEARING ASSEMBLY‘S. RETEST AND FOUND NORMAL OPERATION.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi- just got mine back from the dealer for this issue. They pinpointed my noise in the outer tie rod to the knuckle. They tightened an then ended up replacing the front axel nuts and both tie rods. Noise is still there.

SB's involved:
SSM73473
SSM73403

There is a bulletin coming out for steering linkage that may solve the issue - service thinks its an issue of tolerance and grease but they dont have the parts yet pending a new SB (not calling it a recall) so we wait and see.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have this same issue on my MY17 F-Pace. How potentially dangerous is this issue? I plan to contact my service manager today but want to know if I can keep driving my car.
I asked my service manager the same question. He said he hasn't run across this yet and since he's not positive what the problem is he can't really answer that. Not very comforting but I get it, If he answers wrong there could be some liability. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks when I take it in. . . or right before that when I take my F-Pace on a 6hr round trip. Wish me luck. :eek: I did tell them to reserve an SVR for my loaner. Ya, right!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Finally got my car back today and as of right now the issue is fixed. They ended up replacing the front axle and front hubs. Hopefully it will stay fixed. If not then the service manager said he thinks the hubs and the splines maybe out of spec for this vehicle in which case we may be seeing another service bulletin or possibly a recall on this in the future. He said I have the latest hubs and axle so he hopes it is fixed for good. Last time just replacing the hubs it stayed good for about 2-3 months before the clicking reappeared. Hope everyone can get theirs fixed that also has this issue. Aristocrat Motors in Merriam, KS has been great to work with again!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Took My F-pace in 2 weeks ago for the clicking issue. First they did the "tighten axle nuts then replace them" as the bulletin from Jaguar recommends. They stripped the threads on the axle. After that was replaced the sound was still there. They stuck microphones all over the car to isolate the noise and sent it to the engineers at Jaguar. I got a call this afternoon saying that they need to keep it another 10-14 working days because Jaguar recommends replacing the front wheel bearings. I'm going to forget what my car looks like. :(

·
Registered
184 Posts
The wheel bearings seem to be the problem. Got a call from my dealer today, they replaced the wheel bearings and the clicking sound is gone. Should FINALLY get it back "early next week". I took it in on October 11th. For anyone else that's experiencing the clicking noise, you can save yourself a whole lot of time missing your F-Pace by pointing the service guy to your front wheel bearings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had my first service and after reporting clicking from front left at low speeds the service tech found the wheel hub problem. Only front left replaced as no problems with right but will be listening hard for clicking from that side now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good afternoon all,
Indeed, following a quick tighten of some parts the dealer is to change the bearings from what he told me. In a few days we’ll see.
Have to say though customer support was excellent so far.
Regards
Alex 2.0d, 2500Km, Germany.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just ran into this problem with my 17f-pace. Im taking it in friday. Has the issue been officially fixed for everyone in earlier post? I plan on lowering it soon so would hate to run into the problem after that!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was in a parking garage yesterday, which I HIGHLY recommend to hear the awesome exhaust, and as I made each turn, there was a pronounced clicking that sounded a little tinny, but not sure what it could have been. I was thinking it had something to do with the differentials mitigating the differences in wheels turning, but none of my other all wheel drive cars have had this. Anyone know what this might be?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I haven't noticed this on the 2019, but my First Edition did do this sometimes when pulling out of my driveway slow. Didn't notice it on quick turns, only slow sharp ones. I would refer to the sound and feel in the car as ratcheting, like with a socket ratchet, but there was also a little shimmy in the car. Again, I haven't seen this at all on the 2019.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Went through this issue and it was the wheel bearings/hubs. They replaced them and the ticking noise was gone. There’s a thread about this issue somewhere on here, its where i found out about the hubs.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I brought the Jag in for a fix on the clicking. It appears that Jag is still trying to identify the correct fix for this. They had to send an audio file to JLR. The fix was to re-torque the "wheel lug" and the lug nuts in multiple steps. It did rectify the problem and its currently silent. I also had them check brake pads due to the squeak and that is also now quiet. I had bed them and they still were squeaking. Now all is good.

Got my oil changed as a precaution. I don't like the idea of the break in oil being in there for 16,000 miles. However, $160 for an oil change? Wasn't expecting that. 8.5 quarts of oil in these beasts is quite the oil reserve.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts