Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My local Jaguar dealer is going to replace the hubs next week. Will let you know if that fixes the issue for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel you guys. It is frustrating. Jaguar is taking care of me and i would consider JLR again because of the service they have provided. They are going to buy the car back per CA lemon law. They are going to waive mileage offset calulation since i first encountered problems with such low miles (i put 10k miles and didnt have to pay a single cent). I just have to sign (notarize) some paperwork and my check will be processed.

Good luck to all of you and if your car has ever been in the shop for 30 days +, ask the service manager to have Jaguar pay one months loan/lease. My dealership paid me up to $700/month. My monthly payment was $500 so i asked for accessories (sport pedals) and they did it :)

If you encounter a lot of problems, and there is sufficient record at your dealership, and want out, call jaguar customer service and simply request a buyback. Jaguar corporate has been amazing to work with.

Im going to wait at least a year and see if we want to get the Discovery for my wife. I would hate to go through this again so im being patient.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SiRay6 can you please expand on your experience a little. I mean your disappointment with quality.
Also why did you have a long lead time for parts? you mentioned oil !!!
And last but not least can you keep us up to date with your buyback claim.
First CEL came on 10 days after i picked up the car. I had oil leaks which was not noticed for a while because i never thought a new car woul have issues. Until a large puddle started to pool. I had a warning light that read something like caution limited traction 2wd mode only. This light was intermittent but on for days and then disappeared. When i took the car in for the diff oil leak they swapped put a motor on the transfer case that caused the 2wd error.

I got a brand new diff and it was installed within a week. But the car sat at the dealership for 3 weeks because the dealer couldnt source/order the spec'd diff fluid. I went to parts dept out of curiosity and there was no part availability date in the system as confirmed by the parts dept. I appreciate the dealership not using another JLR diff oil since the requirements were very clear. Much like the engine oil specs are new for the F Pace, the diff oil was new and not what was used on the other JLR vehicles. The lack of diff oil availability in the system made me question what oils were being used by other dealerships since the front diff oil leak was not a new problem.

Ive had suspension components changed in 3 if not all four corners, seats that creak and make a lot of noises (im 185 lbs) during ingress/egress. My drivers side door drooped for no apparent reason while in the care of the dealership getting the hubs changed. The techs did everything they could to remedy the sagging door but had to send it to a body shop eventually. My door would droop when opening and when closing it would hit the door jam before sliding up into place in order to shut properly. My doors squeeked everytime i opened it because as the door drooped the rubber seals would rub against each other.

Hope this helps, i do enjoy the car and for the money its a great value.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Re: clicking sound

That is a bummer that you got a lemon but good to know that Jaguar took care of you. I got my car back yesterday. It was only in the shop for two days. The loaner F-Pace they gave me also clicks when turning so I was not very optimistic that they could fix it, but it is fixed! Kudos to Aristocrat Motors. They have been awesome to work with. Also steering is much better all around as well. Image of service paperwork attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a couple of issues with my F-Pace S and searched the forum already and did not find anything on this. When I am driving slowly in a parking garage or turning into my driveway slowly, I hear a click coming from the wheel well. Does not matter if I am turning right or left. Has anyone else experienced this and is it normal or something I should have service checked out? Also just this week, my center console/armrest is making a terrible noise when I open it all the way. Opening halfway is normal but the rest of the way is difficult to open and makes a terrible sound. Anyone else experienced this? Thanks!
OMG Sounded like my case! But mine's more them rear bumper. I have recorded the noises. Anyway I can here and let you guys listen to it? Let me know how to do so please!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I saw on NTSA web page a possible select recall for rear axles being too short in a certain batch.

From NTSA-----Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Jaguar) is recalling certain 2017 Jaguar F-PACE vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions. These vehicles may have been built with a rear driveshaft that is too short,
potentially resulting the driveshaft separating from the vehicle. If the driveshaft detaches, a loss of drive power
would result, increasing the risk of a crash. Jaguar will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the driveshafts,
replacing any that are incorrect, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin May 1, 2017. Owners may
contact Jaguar customer service at 1-800-452-4827. Jaguar's number for this recall is H009.

·
F Pace Expert
2,524 Posts
I saw on NTSA web page a possible select recall for rear axles being too short in a certain batch.

From NTSA-----Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Jaguar) is recalling certain 2017 Jaguar F-PACE vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions. These vehicles may have been built with a rear driveshaft that is too short,
potentially resulting the driveshaft separating from the vehicle. If the driveshaft detaches, a loss of drive power
would result, increasing the risk of a crash. Jaguar will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the driveshafts,
replacing any that are incorrect, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin May 1, 2017. Owners may
contact Jaguar customer service at 1-800-452-4827. Jaguar's number for this recall is H009.
yes, that is this recall, and it is the only real safety recall currently out:

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/f-pace-issues-problems/29498-recall-real-205-05-rear-drive-halfshafts.html#post422746

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well the clicking is back again. I took it back to Aristocrat and they said there is a new service bulletin on this. They had to order parts and parts should be in on Wednesday. Will keep you updated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well the clicking is back again. I took it back to Aristocrat and they said there is a new service bulletin on this. They had to order parts and parts should be in on Wednesday. Will keep you updated.
I have this same issue, took it in a week ago and they did a TSB but it is still clicking. Bringing it in next Tuesday for another try. I'll keep everyone posted n what they say.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
FloridaCat, hope you are safe from the hurricane! Keep us updated if they find a fix and what it is. I took mine back in this week and they did the new service bulletin and not only does it still click, it actually is doing it more than usual now. I told them replacing the hubs fixed it the last time but they said they want to fix it for good not just for a few months. So I need to bring it back again next week. I still think maybe there is a defective part that will need to be replaced. But we need more people to contact their dealerships about the issue to probably make it happen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will keep you posted once this hurricane passes. I'm 15 miles north of Tampa, so tomorrow night all **** is going to break loose. My appointment for Monday obviously is cancelled. I'll call and reschedule next week sometime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been meaning to join the forum but i have been lazy. What motivated me is the fact that i have so been so unhappy with the quality and lead time of parts/oil for this car/brand so i wanted to share some of my experiences. I have a claim open with Jaguar for a buy back.

The clicking is so difficult to explain...i would almost say its like 2 large washers banging/clapping against each other (think drum cymbals). It only happens at slow speeds like parking the car or pulling out of my garage. It was quiet at first and got progrssively louder through the span of a month. I was able to drive at 5mph and turn sharply (think slalom) left and right and it would make the noise consistently. The clicks were one sometimes 2 if i recall correctly at a time. The sound was easier to produce if the car is rolling a little. If the car is parked i dont remember if i could produce the sound.

I ordered mine in May 2016 and took delivery in Aug 2016. Build date is probably Jul 2016...i can check door jam later.

The dealership heard the sound and could not figure it out. Jaguar's tech support recommended changing out the upper control arms and shocks. That didnt do anything. After 2 weeks waiting for a tech to be flown out the tech was able to pinpoint the hubs in a day. They replaced both hub assemblies since the other side was beginning to make noises as well. I dont know the details but it wasnt just a simple matter of pressing in a new wheel bearing. The entire hub was replaced.
Had this same issue with my first Jag a 2009 XF. After many complaints and warning them that I would exercise my rights under the lemon law they sent a field tech to the dealership. He had them swap the hub assembly from a XF on the lot with mine and this fixed the clicking from the wheel well. I'm guessing parts weren't available in the US and compensated the dealership. Odd to hear its still happening 8 years later!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Do any of you that are hearing the clicking noises have 22" double helix wheels? I've noticed the clicking too and was convinced that it's coming from the wheels. I could be wrong but just a thought. We may only be hearing it while making turns at low speeds because there is so much less road noise in parking lots etc.I'll be interested to see if it turns out to be something else.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Do any of you that are hearing the clicking noises have 22" double helix wheels? I've noticed the clicking too and was convinced that it's coming from the wheels. I could be wrong but just a thought. We may only be hearing it while making turns at low speeds because there is so much less road noise in parking lots etc.I'll be interested to see if it turns out to be something else.
I do not think it's the 22" double helix wheels. I recently replaced the 22" wheels with some 21" aftermarket wheels and the clicking noise reminds there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
My car has factory 20" wheels so it is not the 22" wheels doing the clicking. I believe it is coming from the hubs. Mine is back in the shop to see if they can officially fix this issue. I have driven a few loaners and they click as well. The only thing that got rid of the clicking was replacing the hubs but three months later the clicking came back. I believe there maybe a manufacturing defect in those hubs. We will see.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My car has factory 20" wheels so it is not the 22" wheels doing the clicking. I believe it is coming from the hubs. Mine is back in the shop to see if they can officially fix this issue. I have driven a few loaners and they click as well. The only thing that got rid of the clicking was replacing the hubs but three months later the clicking came back. I believe there maybe a manufacturing defect in those hubs. We will see.
It will be interesting to see what they come up with. It sounds like an extremely common problem.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts