Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of issues with my F-Pace S and searched the forum already and did not find anything on this. When I am driving slowly in a parking garage or turning into my driveway slowly, I hear a click coming from the wheel well. Does not matter if I am turning right or left. Has anyone else experienced this and is it normal or something I should have service checked out? Also just this week, my center console/armrest is making a terrible noise when I open it all the way. Opening halfway is normal but the rest of the way is difficult to open and makes a terrible sound. Anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please keep us updated on what you hear back. I hope its nothing serious!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
When I am driving slowly in a parking garage or turning into my driveway slowly, I hear a click coming from the wheel well. Does not matter if I am turning right or left. !

This almost sounds too classic...I suspect that you have a CV joint going bad...it happens.

CV Joint, how it works, symptoms, problems
"A most common symptom of a badly-worn outer CV joint is a clicking or popping noise when turning"

Is yours AWD or just FWD?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is AWD. Only have 1800 miles. Would hope its not the CV joints.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Please keep us updated on what you hear back. I hope its nothing serious!
Speaking of "nothing serious" , did you check to see if there were any ROCKS or STONES in the Treads ???

We have a Gravel Driveway , and sometimes when we leave and get onto the blacktop or pavement roadways , you can HEAR a clicking , but it disappears at higher speeds , but when you go slow again then you can hear it again *click , click , click , click* !!! Just a thought !!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is just one click when I turn the wheel all the way one direction or the other.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had clicking noises when turning left and right at slow speeds. After over a month of being at the dealership and some replacement parts (upper control arms and front shocks), the problem ended up being new front hubs (both). The dealer had to open a ticket with Tech Support from Jaguar who had a tech flown out to help diagnose the problem. Evidently the supplier had hubs/bearings that were out of tolerance and Jaguar has since changed suppliers.

I just got my car back this week.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Ive seen this happen before to a driver in front of me but it was a very old pickup truck... wheel looked really loose and it came right off. Sparks flying everywhere. Luckily the truck managed to come to a stop and no one was hurt. I would find it very hard to believe if that is the issue they are encountering on a brand new F-pace.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive seen this happen before to a driver in front of me but it was a very old pickup truck... wheel looked really loose and it came right off. Sparks flying everywhere. Luckily the truck managed to come to a stop and no one was hurt. I would find it very hard to believe if that is the issue they are encountering on a brand new F-pace.

The problem is that many many parts in ALL vehicles are manufactured by part suppliers and the chance of those parts NOT meeting the car manufacturer specs and tolerances are not all that unrealistic. Remember the air-bag debacle with Toyota? Those airbags were made and supplied to other brands too. A new vehicle can also fall in this category. Take a look at SiRay6 experience:

I had clicking noises when turning left and right at slow speeds. After over a month of being at the dealership and some replacement parts (upper control arms and front shocks), the problem ended up being new front hubs (both). The dealer had to open a ticket with Tech Support from Jaguar who had a tech flown out to help diagnose the problem. Evidently the supplier had hubs/bearings that were out of tolerance and Jaguar has since changed suppliers.

I just got my car back this week.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SiRay6,
Thanks for the reply! What is the build date of your F-Pace? Also, when you say clicking noises when turning, was it a lot of clicks or just one? Was it any turning situation or just turning the steering wheel all the way? I just took mine to the dealership yesterday and they could not find anything wrong although they did hear the click when turning the wheel all the way. One of the service staff has an F-Pace as well and he said his does the same thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been meaning to join the forum but i have been lazy. What motivated me is the fact that i have so been so unhappy with the quality and lead time of parts/oil for this car/brand so i wanted to share some of my experiences. I have a claim open with Jaguar for a buy back.

The clicking is so difficult to explain...i would almost say its like 2 large washers banging/clapping against each other (think drum cymbals). It only happens at slow speeds like parking the car or pulling out of my garage. It was quiet at first and got progrssively louder through the span of a month. I was able to drive at 5mph and turn sharply (think slalom) left and right and it would make the noise consistently. The clicks were one sometimes 2 if i recall correctly at a time. The sound was easier to produce if the car is rolling a little. If the car is parked i dont remember if i could produce the sound.

I ordered mine in May 2016 and took delivery in Aug 2016. Build date is probably Jul 2016...i can check door jam later.

The dealership heard the sound and could not figure it out. Jaguar's tech support recommended changing out the upper control arms and shocks. That didnt do anything. After 2 weeks waiting for a tech to be flown out the tech was able to pinpoint the hubs in a day. They replaced both hub assemblies since the other side was beginning to make noises as well. I dont know the details but it wasnt just a simple matter of pressing in a new wheel bearing. The entire hub was replaced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cyberdog...when you hear the click do you feel any bumps or pulses through the floorboard or steering wheel or just a noise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been meaning to join the forum but i have been lazy. What motivated me is the fact that i have so been so unhappy with the quality and lead time of parts/oil for this car/brand so i wanted to share some of my experiences. I have a claim open with Jaguar for a buy back.

I ordered mine in May 2016 and took delivery in Aug 2016. Build date is probably Jul 2016...i can check door jam later.
SiRay6 can you please expand on your experience a little. I mean your disappointment with quality.
Also why did you have a long lead time for parts? you mentioned oil !!!
And last but not least can you keep us up to date with your buyback claim.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just hear the noise and if I have the radio on or windows up I really can't notice it. what else have you had wrong with your f-pace that you want them to buy it back?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dropping mine off Monday. Mine is now binding up the steering wheel when when making sharp turns. Was hoping this F-Pace was going to be problem free... Just crossed 1800 miles.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Dropping mine off Monday. Mine is now binding up the steering wheel when when making sharp turns. Was hoping this F-Pace was going to be problem free... Just crossed 1800 miles.
You got a second F-Pace , and was expecting "problem free" ????????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Update: Similar situation as SiRay6, they replaced both lower control arms and some hardware. Went for a test ride with the tech and noise is still there. Got a call this afternoon and they are now replacing the Hubs. Wonder if there will be another VIN targeted recall like there was with the "Front Arm Gaiter".

·
Registered
586 Posts
... Evidently the supplier had hubs/bearings that were out of tolerance and Jaguar has since changed suppliers...
What was your build date?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts