Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our SVR's cabin is remarkably quiet...except for a little 'click' when you go over small cracks in the road. Bigger bumps are not an issue. I think it is the black trim around the hatch. The trim is somewhat 'floating', and if I open the hatch and press on the trim in certain places, I get the 'click'. Anybody else experiencing this? I've played with rotating the rubber stoppers on the bottom corners of the hatch and I can change the sound but can not eliminate it. I lubricated the trim but I think the sound is actually coming from the back part of trim (which is 'floating') coming into contact with the body or a piece of plastic when I go over a crack in the road.

One last thing: to triage the issue, I drove around with hatch up (neighbours already think I am nuts). The 'click' went away -- I think. Not 100% sure because I could hear the exhaust so clearly, it may have masked the 'click'. Regardless, if you think the sound while driving is glorious, the sound for those outside the car (or if you are cool like me and drive around with the hatch up) is even better!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am not sure what trim your talking about. I see the rubber gasket, but no real plastic trim. My car doesnt make any clicks. I once had a convertible that the rubber made clicks. Lubing the rubber really didnt help for long. Instead cleaning completely so the rubber kinda stuck in place was the better option.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is some hard(er) plastic on the back of the rubber seal in some places. When I push on the seal in those places, there is a little click when the plastic touches the body or another piece of plastic (depending on where on the seal you push). This weekend, I "screwed" the little black rubber stoppers at the bottom of the hatch in as far as I could, and the noise is gone, at least for now. Hopefully, it stays away. If not, I have to take the car into Jag for an oil change some time soon, so will just have them deal with it.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I have not seen this. And while the 2017 and maybe even the 2018s had some body flex issues that Jag figured out and sent fixes to dealers through Topix, I wouldn’t expect any of those to exist on the SVR or any 2019 F-Paces. This is probably a one off.

I’ll have to look at the rubber seals you are talking about And see if mine are screwed in. Are you saying those screws were lose, or you guys tightened them more on the rubber?

·
Registered
586 Posts
... I "screwed" the little black rubber stoppers at the bottom of the hatch in as far as I could...
The last couple of model years have adjustable hinges on the rear hatch so the door can be realigned if necessary. Older models like mine have the hinges welded in place and need to be, uh, unwelded to make any major adjustments. So if the problem does not stay away perhaps a realignment can help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I wanted to follow up on this post. After screwing in the rubber stoppers, the "click" sound went away for a little while but it is back. I took a video of me pressing against the area that may be causing the noise: link. Ignore the blue painter's tape: I had put this around the area where the hatch plastic meets the rubber to see if the noise at least changed (it did not). I think I am going to let the technicians at Jaguar figure this one out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a constant click at low speeds. Dealer said it was the brakes. Mine sounds like linkage or metal clips. I cant pinpoint it though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually got the car back from the dealer yesterday.

The work order says some things like CHECKED TAILGATE ALIGNMENT AND PERFORMED ADJUSTMENT, ALSO ADJUST TAILGATE STRIKER, REMOVED TAILGATE INTERIOR PANEL, FOUND 3 BROKEN MOUNTING CLIPS AND TWO METAL TABS ARE NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY, REMOVED AND REINSTALLED TWO METAL TABS and REMOVED AND REPLACED 3 PLASTIC MOUNTING CLIPS.

Everything was quiet on the way home. But it was also a warm day and the car had been in the sun which typically helped mask the issue in the past. I'll take it for a drive again when it is cooler and see if the silence remains. Fingers crossed.

On a related note, I have to say that the Jaguar service here in Canada has been really good. They even lent me an F-Type R convertible loaner vehicle. (y)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I’d just note to be careful with the rubber stoppers. Mine were all the way down (Smallest gap setting) at delivery and the hatch was digging into the bumper. It scratched through the clearcoat and paint at the left corner. I extended them back out and the dealer fixed the paint with no issues since.
Nice loaner! I have yet to need one since getting the SVR but have been in a velar and several barebones f-paces while I had my S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts