Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand this has to do with the intelligent cruise control. Full disclosure I didn't get ICC but curious if it serves an important purpose and/or is it removable? I think it breaks up the cleanliness of the grill - much prefer the look without it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The radar for adaptive cruise is behind that clear plate. Doubt it's removable.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
I understand this has to do with the intelligent cruise control. Full disclosure I didn't get ICC but curious if it serves an important purpose and/or is it removable? I think it breaks up the cleanliness of the grill - much prefer the look without it.
Hmmm, models that don't have ACC shouldn't have the clear plate, unless I'm mistaken. Are you sure you don't have that option??

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
According to my 100-page brochure book , ACC is only included in the *Driver Assistance Package* , and that package is only Optional on an *R-Sport* or *S* !

1. Do you have an *R-Sport or S* ?
2. If so , did you get the *Driver Assistance Package* ?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would pay good money to get rid of that plate. Hate it. Number one detractor of da looks.

Reactions: theweeb

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I would pay good money to get rid of that plate. Hate it. Number one detractor of da looks.
People *TINT* there windshield ! I wonder if you could *TINT* this plate ???

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Just to be **CLEAR** the *PLATE* is not ***BEHIND*** the growler, rather, it **IS** the growler. You cannot remove it while keeping the **GROWLER** :eek::eek:

One of the THINGS I was considering (along with writing in the GRVR ***STYLE***) was to mount a nice growler badge In Front of the plate, to give it some depth at least.

Just my thought, OF COURSE! ! ! ! >:)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Just to be **CLEAR** the *PLATE* is not ***BEHIND*** the growler, rather, it **IS** the growler. You cannot remove it while keeping the **GROWLER** :eek::eek:

One of the THINGS I was considering (along with writing in the GRVR ***STYLE***) was to mount a nice growler badge In Front of the plate, to give it some depth at least.

oh wow, that is kind of ugly :|

·
Registered
5,081 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
it **IS** the growler.
Are you sure about this statement theweeb ???
I think the Growler is a thin disk BEHIND the clear plate , and not actually connected to the plate !
Unlike the thicker 3-D Growler Emblem , that is on the vehicles without ACC !

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

Not to take us off topic here, but theWeeb! I thought this was a GRVR post with all the fonts and asterists and bolding.... util I saw the picture was not that of a white F-Pace.

Back on topic...

I'm not a fan of this plate either, but I don't think anyone with one should mess with it until we find out exactly why it's there and what it does. I think even tinting it could cause some type of issue potentially, as could putting a real growler on the top of the "Growler in or under the plate".

but if one of you want to experiment and let us know what you find I'm game to listen :).

I use Radar Cruise way to much to have it not work right on some bumper to bumper morning into the office!

Reactions: kris and theweeb

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm, models that don't have ACC shouldn't have the clear plate, unless I'm mistaken. Are you sure you don't have that option??
Sorry if I confused you. I don't have ACC (it's called ICC on my Infiniti - habit) and I don't have the plate. I was just curious if it could be removed - that was actually the main reason I didn't upgrade to the Driver Assist package - I would have liked the ACC but I hate how that plate looks. Also, I don't even have my car yet. It's on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic right now.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you remove it..... it looks like this....

I want to get the ACC as well but I really hate the ugly plate. Like what theweeb said I also considered to mount a 3D growler badge in front of the plate but not sure if it affect the ACC unit behind.

·
Registered
203 Posts

I guess the plate is somehow useless other than protecting the unit behind... what if replacing the ACC grill with a standard one and make a custom plate behind the grill for protection instead??

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

I guess the plate is somehow useless other than protecting the unit behind... what if replacing the ACC grill with a standard one and make a custom plate behind the grill for protection instead??
The other issue would be if we put the plate behind and put a regular grill with the real growler, if those non-clear objects or more solid objects in front of the sensor would make for a problem with the system.

Reactions: ckkcmx5

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Not to take us off topic here, but theWeeb! I thought this was a GRVR post with all the fonts and asterists and bolding.... util I saw the picture was not that of a white F-Pace.
Where is that "WHITE F-PACE". I don't see it any more !!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
in the words of Bono, "Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief."

·
Registered
115 Posts
The ugliness of the plate its definitely outweighed by the advantage of having automatic cruise control. Sitting in traffic for more than 20 minutes or so and constantly going from gas to brake to gas to brake is mentally exhausting. You still have to be aware of what's going on and not rely on ACC, but it really does help reduce fatigue. I might look into getting a 3D logo and using trim tape to stick it over growler on the plate. Not sure if that will look good or not; we'll see! ****, I haven't even ordered one yet. Going in tomorrow to work on the price and see if I can go through with it. I still have the XC90 already negotiated as a very close Plan B if we can't negotiate the price to where I need it (Jag gets an A-, Volvo gets a B+).

Reactions: Roadsterguy

·
Registered
117 Posts

Did GRVR hack your account or what?

·
Registered
117 Posts
The ugliness of the plate its definitely outweighed by the advantage of having automatic cruise control. Sitting in traffic for more than 20 minutes or so and constantly going from gas to brake to gas to brake is mentally exhausting. You still have to be aware of what's going on and not rely on ACC, but it really does help reduce fatigue.
Getting exhausted and fatigued from using the gas and brake pedal in traffic for 20 minutes.

First world problems.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts