Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every F-Pace that I see does not have the clear plastic cover over the grill emblem. I feel like my car looks like its still in it’s 'protective transport packaging'. So, I hope this isn’t a stupid question - Is that plastic cover specific to a year or model? Can it be removed? I had my dealer take a look at it today to see if it could be removed. He determined that it is part of the grill and not removable. Note - I have a 2018 F-Pace S. Thanks for any insight into this goofy looking thing that I seem to be stuck with! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Every F-Pace that I see does not have the clear plastic cover over the grill emblem. I feel like my car looks like its still in it’s 'protective transport packaging'. So, I hope this isn’t a stupid question - Is that plastic cover specific to a year or model? Can it be removed? I had my dealer take a look at it today to see if it could be removed. He determined that it is part of the grill and not removable. Note - I have a 2018 F-Pace S. Thanks for any insight into this goofy looking thing that I seem to be stuck with! :rolleyes:
That plastic shield , let's you know you have the *ACC* or *Adaptive Cruise Control* option !!!
When you use Cruise Control , this feature automatically engages ,
and will keep your vehicle a certain distance behind the vehicle in front of you !!!
If that vehicle slows down , your vehicle will slow down !!!
There are three Distance Settings you can choose from , as to how close you want it to get to the other vehicle !!!

I'm a little concerned that your dealer was not competent enough to explain this to you !!!
They should have known what it was , when they saw it !!!

That being said ,
the MIGHTY F-PACE FORUM is here for you !!!:)
So don't hesitate to ask any questions !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well how 'bout that! I was very, VERY insistent on having that feature! Jaguar kept trying to sell me one on their lot that didnt have it. My SRT8 Jeep had it and I used it daily. I would not settle. Thank you so much for the info!

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Well how 'bout that! I was very, VERY insistent on having that feature! Jaguar kept trying to sell me one on their lot that didnt have it. My SRT8 Jeep had it and I used it daily. I would not settle. Thank you so much for the info!
Btw ,
if you have any DOGS , post some photos of them on the *Dogs & Jags* thread !!!:)
That's really my favorite thread !!!:D

You might not be able to attach photos , until you have reached *10* posts !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dogs? LOL. I have seven of them. Loves of my life! Thanks for the heads up about that thread. Sounds right up my alley. Maybe I can load all seven in the F-Pace and take a pic. :laugh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Curious as to what purpose does it actually serve with respect to the adaptive cruise control? Is it a shield that protects the sensors, perhaps? Thanks.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Curious as to what purpose does it actually serve with respect to the adaptive cruise control? Is it a shield that protects the sensors, perhaps? Thanks.
Yes, one of the radar units is mounted behind there. What’s interesting is that on the
I-PACE there is an all plastic growler, not a flat plate.

DP

·
Registered
31 Posts
preVenger - - - I have a '17 'S' 3.0 SC and one of the things that rankled me was that flat-ass plastic emblem on the grill. However, since I never use the 'Adaptive Cruise Control' -ACC - (I like my own control), I bought and placed the raised growler emblem, with the double stick backing, over the plastic piece. Simple and easy. It's been rock solid for the past 2 1/2 yrs. She now looks great and finally reflects the proper profile of this exceptional vehicle. JC

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I picked up my ‘19 S the delivery guy spent an hour reviewing the car with me and one of the topics was the plastic transparent shield with the growler disc. Yes, its purpose is to protect the embedded adaptive cruise radar device from environmental hazards. He suggested that I clean the plastic plate frequently, especially during squashed bug season, in order to ensure optimal radar detection of threats. I’m a big fan of adaptive cruise, especially on long highway drives through Utah or Wyoming.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
preVenger - - - I have a '17 'S' 3.0 SC and one of the things that rankled me was that flat-ass plastic emblem on the grill. However, since I never use the 'Adaptive Cruise Control' -ACC - (I like my own control), I bought and placed the raised growler emblem, with the double stick backing, over the plastic piece. Simple and easy. It's been rock solid for the past 2 1/2 yrs. She now looks great and finally reflects the proper profile of this exceptional vehicle. JC
Any issues with the ACC when in the highway ? I got the regular growler from a non ACC car and have not tested it.

DP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any thoughts on removing the plastic plate altogether? Will it throw an error code? What if not planning to ever use the adaptive cruise?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Any thoughts on removing the plastic plate altogether? Will it throw an error code? What if not planning to ever use the adaptive cruise?

Well if you removed it, then you would have a big rectangle opening with a small black box behind it. You could swap out the grill for a non ACC grill.

Here is the part forthe grill and the emblem your looking at $574 plus tax, and labor
Center Grille - Jaguar (T4N12774) $468
Ornament - Jaguar (C2D52972) $79

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any issues with the ACC when in the highway ? I got the regular growler from a non ACC car and have not tested it.

DP
Like I mentioned, blocking the flat, plastic growler also blocks use of the ACC. If you like using it, do not block it. I never use ACC so I had no problem blocking the flat, plastic emblem.

·
Registered
253 Posts
. . . and I am the opposite from burke1510, I use ACC all the time . . . I make sure the plastic growler in always nice and clean. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I picked up my ‘19 S the delivery guy spent an hour reviewing the car with me and one of the topics was the plastic transparent shield with the growler disc. Yes, its purpose is to protect the embedded adaptive cruise radar device from environmental hazards. He suggested that I clean the plastic plate frequently, especially during squashed bug season, in order to ensure optimal radar detection of threats. I’m a big fan of adaptive cruise, especially on long highway drives through Utah or Wyoming.
My "concierge" spent that much time with me, but could barely answer any questions. I want to move to your town!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
i just got 2020 svr, and i really hate that plastic piece on the front grill

here is what i found out about the ACC behind the front grill,

i covered the growler logo with painters tape until no part of that plastic shield was visible.

on my road test the ACC still worked perfectly with no codes or problems.

i kept changing the settings on the steering wheel , and the car responded perfectly.

so there has to be more to that clear plastic piece other than the ACC.

i put a flashlight inside the grill area and did not see any connections between the radar unit that is mounted behind the grill to the actual inside of the grill,

the only thing i can think of is that that flat rectangular clear plastic piece acts as a weather cover to protect the radar unit, maybe i am wrong but if anyone else knows why the piece is there please let me know.

also from what i can tell to even replace the grill with a non ACC grill , the whole front bumper assembly must be removed to get to the grill

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Painters tape won’t block radar. The clear plastic allows radar to pass through with little to no interference. The standard grill would cause issues.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i just got 2020 svr, and i really hate that plastic piece on the front grill

here is what i found out about the ACC behind the front grill,

i covered the growler logo with painters tape until no part of that plastic shield was visible.

on my road test the ACC still worked perfectly with no codes or problems.

i kept changing the settings on the steering wheel , and the car responded perfectly.

so there has to be more to that clear plastic piece other than the ACC.

i put a flashlight inside the grill area and did not see any connections between the radar unit that is mounted behind the grill to the actual inside of the grill,

the only thing i can think of is that that flat rectangular clear plastic piece acts as a weather cover to protect the radar unit, maybe i am wrong but if anyone else knows why the piece is there please let me know.

also from what i can tell to even replace the grill with a non ACC grill , the whole front bumper assembly must be removed to get to the grill
It's there to protect the sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi team, anyone know the part number for the clear plastic cover? I hit a duck on the way home and lost the cover, dealer is telling me the replacement will be $1130 NZD plus fitting
front grill.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hummm, well... If it comes off that easy maybe you will find one on the ground, after a short walk through the dealers lot that gave you that 1200 price? :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts