Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out a good way to clean the fuzzy strips that surround the door openings? They're like dust magnets and the vacuum has no effect. I tried brushing it lightly with a small brass brush and that worked a little but there must be a better way. :confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
Packing tape wrapped with sticky side out on your hand? I made mistake of going over it with damp paper towel, big mistake, don't do it.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
. . . and then there is the pet hair... yeah, I would stock up on those sticky clothing rollers, anyone with cats or dogs can attest to their effectiveness.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Has anyone figured out a good way to clean the fuzzy strips that surround the door openings? They're like dust magnets and the vacuum has no effect. I tried brushing it lightly with a small brass brush and that worked a little but there must be a better way. :confused:
Don't use a brass brush. One slice and you've ruined the whole felt strip. Definitely go with something softer - a carpet brush is fine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the great info. I thought this thread might also be useful for other tips and questions for keeping our cars in top shape.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Those fuzzy strips were an incredibly stupid by Jag. I would rather then be a hard plastic and then use soft plastic around the instrument cluster. Not sure who had the idea of using this material there but no matter what there is still lint there after a good clean.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On a slightly different note, I don't know how many others out there have black wheels and use tire shine products but it looks terrible when the spray gets on the wheels. I work in the corrugated industry and am going to cut out circles that match the diameter of my wheels with a finger hole in the middle. That way I can cover the wheel when I'm spraying the tire shine.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
On a slightly different note, I don't know how many others out there have black wheels and use tire shine products but it looks terrible when the spray gets on the wheels. I work in the corrugated industry and am going to cut out circles that match the diameter of my wheels with a finger hole in the middle. That way I can cover the wheel when I'm spraying the tire shine.
Stop. Using. Aerosol. Tire. Shine.

Use a gel or water based one and apply using a foam pad (like you would use for wax). Chemical Guys, AmmoNYC, Adams...they all make great products.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Use a gel or water based one and apply using a foam pad (like you would use for wax). Chemical Guys, AmmoNYC, Adams...they all make great products.

Absolutely - I only use Chemical Guys or Adams VRT - put on applicator then apply to rubber. No fling

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Alright then, thanks again for the info. It wasn't exactly aerosol, just Meguiar's in a spray bottle. Geez, I thought I had a good idea and it's obsolete already. I should be designing cell phones. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Autoglym rubber and plastic care. Spray onto a cloth, use liberally and rub hard into tire. Tried the Meguires and ArmorAll spray ... rubbish

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lint roller is a great idea! I also have one of these that I'm going to try as well.
Definitely a good investment to get a good lint brush for this detail work. I've had this old timer for 35 years. It got every bit of the lint off, and there was a ton.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts