Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day from Australia!

What does everyone do about cleaning the panoramic roof? In previous cars I've never bothered to clean the roof, as you can't see it much, but obviously from inside the panoramic roof is just like a window.

Do you clean it like a window, getting up on a ladder or something, or with a long-handled brush, or what?

Thanks for any advice.

2 days to pick up!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
G'day from Australia!

What does everyone do about cleaning the panoramic roof? In previous cars I've never bothered to clean the roof, as you can't see it much, but obviously from inside the panoramic roof is just like a window.

Do you clean it like a window, getting up on a ladder or something, or with a long-handled brush, or what?
I don't do anything special. When I hand wash the FP, I use small step stool to clean the roof, and chamois it after rinsing.
Seems to work well for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
From cleaning the roof, I realise compared to other SUVs I've owned that the FP is not as high but wider in stance. I'm 6', can easily reach the roof, but getting to the center requires tip toe and really reaching over. As far as cleaning, like others hv said, nothing special, just a stool really.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I clean the roof every week. I use a glass sealant periodically which makes clean up easier. My schedule is weekly rinse-less or waterless wash and monthly regular wash. When I do the monthly I use a boars hair brush on a pole, so reaching all the roof is no problem. I also use one of the Werner work platforms.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Although I am tall, I find that using a small step stool helps me to reach the center more comfortably. I wash it with car soap, clay it to remove contaminants, remove any residue with Griot's Pre Wax Cleaner, and then apply a sealant. Works well for me.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Spray wax..I douche' it down just like any of the other surfaces of the car and wipe clean with a micro-fiber cloth.

I'm 6'3" and I use a step stool also..my 42" belly gets in the way.;)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Spray wax..I douche' it down just like any of the other surfaces of the car and wipe clean with a micro-fiber cloth.

I'm 6'3" and I use a step stool also..my 42" belly gets in the way.;)
Love the last part of that statement hahaha ;)
I find the pano sunroof to be the easiest part of the car to clean, wet it, use a microfiber brush or something similar to clean it, rinse and use a leaf blower or some other type of instrument that blows air to dry the roof. You'll have no streaking or water spots.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Love the last part of that statement hahaha ;)
I find the pano sunroof to be the easiest part of the car to clean, wet it, use a microfiber brush or something similar to clean it, rinse and use a leaf blower or some other type of instrument that blows air to dry the roof. You'll have no streaking or water spots.
Do you use the leaf blower on the whole car or just the roof?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Do you use the leaf blower on the whole car or just the roof?
Whole car, but if you are only worried about the pano roof because of water spots and streaking etc. than a leaf blower or some other air blowing device is perfect.

P.S. I have ceramic pro so its much easier to dry the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts