Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you come up with a creative way of cleaning the darn grill areas on our F-Pace's? The main grill (with Growler) and bottom grill are a bit easier to clean but they are still a painstaking process to clean every single grill opening. The side grills (above the fogs) are even worse.

Any great ideas other than a soft towel go hitting every opening?

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I had to get my FP ready for a car show last weekend, was faced with this. At least with the center parts you can poke each opening with a soft cloth wrapped around a finger, but the "fake" openings that you cannot poke through, I gave up on. Open to ideas....

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Have any of you come up with a creative way of cleaning the darn grill areas on our F-Pace's? The main grill (with Growler) and bottom grill are a bit easier to clean but they are still a painstaking process to clean every single grill opening. The side grills (above the fogs) are even worse.

Any great ideas other than a soft towel go hitting every opening?
I bought a cleaning brush at auto zone, it has little microfiber fingers on one side of the brush that really gets into those grill openings. It does a fantastic job, I could post some pictures if you still need it.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I bought a cleaning brush at auto zone, it has little microfiber fingers on one side of the brush that really gets into those grill openings. It does a fantastic job, I could post some pictures if you still need it.
Pics would be Greatly Appreciated , so I know which one you got ! Thanks , Greg

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Pics would be Greatly Appreciated , so I know which one you got ! Thanks , Greg
This is exactly what I use, I found this picture on amazon but got mine from auto zone. The little 'fingers' really get in to the grille inserts well.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
This is exactly what I use, I found this picture on amazon but got mine from auto zone. The little 'fingers' really get in to the grille inserts well.
Thank You Kind Sir ! I will go see if I can find one tomorrow !

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Thank You Kind Sir ! I will go see if I can find one tomorrow !
They should have it. I found it with all of the other brushes and car wash things. Its two sided, one is with the fingers the other is a kind of grainy material meant for bird poop, tree sap and things of that nature I believe (still soft enough for paint) but meant for the tougher things that get stuck on it I think.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
after 3 months of trying a lot of different things (including the finger brush and wheel brushes) I think I finally found a winner!! :) I have an obsession with all things auto detail related and can not stop buying them so I picked up a few of these along the way (they are meant for windows) and when I washed her today decided to give 1 of them a try on the Grill and other honeycomb vents and it worked GREAT with no real effort just dunk it in soapy water and rub it on the grill then rinse. Made by Rain X

Attachments

Reactions: MTGRL and VZX-CO

·
Registered
39 Posts
** caution **

So I was washing Green Hornet the other day and I noticed several small pieces of road gravel in both lower grill areas (see pic). Although I used a power washer to pre-soak, and knock off the heavy debris, I obviously overlooked this area.
It’s very possible with a soaped up FP, you might not see this debris, and it could get picked up by your terrycloth or microfiber towel and wreak havoc on our paint jobs. Be careful ladies and gents when cleaning this area. Happy Cleaning!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
It’s very possible with a soaped up FP, you might not see this debris, and it could get picked up by your terrycloth or microfiber towel and wreak havoc on our paint jobs. Be careful ladies and gents when cleaning this area. Happy Cleaning!
last area (and wheel wells) done and with completely different rags etc. glad you noticed before it got ugly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts