Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just got this car about a week ago and since there isn't a dip stick how do you check the oil levels?

Thank you in advance

Lee

·
Registered
114 Posts
Believe it is in the manual, but searching on the forums someone suggest

Before checking the engine oil level, make sure that:

1. The vehicle is stationary and the Electric Parking Brake (EPB) is applied.

2. The vehicle is on level ground.

3. The engine oil has reached its normal working temperature (oil is hot).

4. The engine has been switched off for 10 minutes, as the system does not give an accurate reading until the oil level has stabilized.

The oil level can then be checked as follows:

1. Switch on the ignition (do not start the engine).

2. Select Oil Level from the Vehicle Information menu. See INSTRUMENT PANEL MENU.

The engine oil level indicator is displayed in the message center.

An indication of the oil level is displayed in the indicator. Messages to the right of the indicator advise of any action to be taken.

Message - Action
OK - No action required.
Overfilled - Seek qualified assistance immediately. Do not drive the vehicle as this will cause serious damage to the engine.
Low - Add 1.6 U.S. quarts (1.5 liters) of oil, then recheck the level.
Critically Low - Seek qualified assistance immediately.
Add XX Quarts - Add the advised quantity of oil to the engine, then recheck the level.
Not Available - The oil level is stabilizing. Switch off the ignition, wait 10 minutes, then recheck the oil level display.
ENGINE OIL LEVEL MONITOR SYSTEM FAULT Seek qualified assistance immediately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello all,
I just got this car about a week ago and since there isn't a dip stick how do you check the oil levels?

Thank you in advance

Lee
I found who to see the oil level. Once the car is turned off, on the screen I pressed the gear then to vehicle and then to Service information. With the car in accessory mode, all the service information was there including the oil level

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
For 2021:
Again, make sure engine off, ignition on.

1. Touch the settings icon on the touchscreen.
  2. Touch the ALL soft key.
  3. Touch the Vehicle soft key.
  4. Touch the My Vehicle soft key.
  5. Touch the Service soft key. The touchscreen displays the engine oil level indicator.
  6. Touch the exit icon to return to the previously displayed screen.

Reactions: FUNJagforme

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just because you can make something electronic doesn't mean you should. Don't like this feature at all, the fact you have to get the car up to temp, then switch it off and wait ten minutes complicates what was an easy procedure to perform in the morning with a dipstick.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Just because you can make something electronic doesn't mean you should. Don't like this feature at all, the fact you have to get the car up to temp, then switch it off and wait ten minutes complicates what was an easy procedure to perform in the morning with a dipstick.
I agree that a dipstick is the way to go.
This was posted in regards to getting around the 10 minute wait for MY 2017 and maybe later cars:

1. Open the Hood
2. Get in the car with the key-fob and close the doors
3. Push start button without touching the brake
4. Let all the electronics settle down and then use the Menu/OK button on the left side of the steering wheel...navigate around until you get the "Vehicle Information" screen..
5. Select "Oil Level"..If it says "information not available"...Press the cruise control "CANcel" button twice..the Oil Level will then be displayed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For 2021:
Again, make sure engine off, ignition on.

1. Touch the settings icon on the touchscreen.
  2. Touch the ALL soft key.
  3. Touch the Vehicle soft key.
  4. Touch the My Vehicle soft key.
  5. Touch the Service soft key. The touchscreen displays the engine oil level indicator.
  6. Touch the exit icon to return to the previously displayed screen.
Finally got it to appear. Thank You!!! Driving the car after an errand then waiting 10 minutes after you turn the car off is the key. The oil gauge then appears under the Service Soft Key.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts