Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have the check engine light come on? I spoke to the service agent at my dealer and he told me that this was happening to other vehicles as well including one currently on the lot. Just curious as the light comes on and then turns off... Of course when I took it in, it was not on. Didn't want to leave it to get tested as all indicators is its a glitch; but annoying! Anyone else have this happen?
By the way, I still haven't seen another one on the road. Picked mine up on 5/25. Premium 35T Rhodium silver, LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes. Happened to my First Edition. I was told it was due to corrosion of some wire connected to something...

Dealer took care of it and handled the situation well. They gave us a gift for our troubles.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Make sure your gas tap is screwed on tight (turn till it clicks, etc...). It will throw a code if it isn't...this is commonly the culprit for an irregularly occurring CEL.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Make sure your gas tap is screwed on tight (turn till it clicks, etc...). It will throw a code if it isn't...this is commonly the culprit for an irregularly occurring CEL.
Gas cap, that is (not sure why I couldn't edit my previous post).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been careful with the gas cap... Works sometimes. Sometime no. I appreciate the responses. Will take it in hoping they found the issue with the one in the showroom. Will tell them about the feedback on the corroded wire. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody have the check engine light come on? I spoke to the service agent at my dealer and he told me that this was happening to other vehicles as well including one currently on the lot. Just curious as the light comes on and then turns off... Of course when I took it in, it was not on. Didn't want to leave it to get tested as all indicators is its a glitch; but annoying! Anyone else have this happen?
By the way, I still haven't seen another one on the road. Picked mine up on 5/25. Premium 35T Rhodium silver, LOVE IT!!
It happened to me. Got my new F Pace a few days ago! The dealership says it is working with Jaguar because they don't know what caused it. It is unacceptable. They are conducting more testing etc. Been in the shop for 2 days already.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wait... The F-pace has a gas cap?

·
Super Moderator
1,865 Posts
Gas cap, that is (not sure why I couldn't edit my previous post).
Because the administrator(s) of this forum chose to only give you 10 minutes to make changes. Not sure what they are afraid of. On the Corvette forum which is owned by IB the same people who own this form allow edits any time.

You might want to delete or take back something you said but the post will show the last time you made an edit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just had the same issue with mine: 303 miles, I was heading to get the code pulled and it went out. If it comes on again.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i believe that for any vehicle I have owned and I assume Jaguar is no different, even if the check engine light goes out or any other error code is activated, the error code remains in memory for so many ignition on ignition off cycles. This is suppose to prevent the frustrating experience of going to the dealer to show them the issue and before you arrive, the error code and or the condition disappears only to reoccur after you leave.

In fact with BMW my current vehicle, apparently they now have a system where the error code is transmitted to some central BMW data storage facility when it occurs. I recently has a problem with jerky shifts and I thought OMG just as I was getting a new vehicle, my transmission is going which I thought was very odd since I only have 58,000 Kilometers on the vehicle and I do not drive hard or abuse my vehicles. I went to the dealer out of convenience because I work in downtown Toronto and there is a downtown dealer with shuttle service to my office. Not always the case but they were able to book me in the for the same day when I called in the morning. At the intake station or whatever they call it, the service rep told me that they had a recent code for my vehicle on the system. In other words they already knew the nature of the problem before I arrived. Turned out to be a faulty ignition coil and spark plug and the service tech told me that was the likely problem at check in.

About $500 later for diagnosis, parts, labour and tax, the problem was fixed but not without advising me that I should change all six ignition coils and plugs for about $1,400 even though I told the service rep in the morning that I was getting a new vehicle in about a month. Of course I did not change all the ignition coils and plugs, what a waste of money.

·
Registered
473 Posts
When I picked up my car the dealer warned me that the initial check engine light is common with Jag's. He said to make sure you seal the gas cap correctly and it should go off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Everyone should request that all software/firmware be updated on the ECU and ICT/P before accepting delivery.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Everyone should request that all software/firmware be updated on the ECU and ICT/P before accepting delivery.
Is it possible to see the version numbers of each in the vehicle through the system? That way we could verify if we know from the boards here what's current.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is it possible to see the version numbers of each in the vehicle through the system? That way we could verify if we know from the boards here what's current.
My FP is on order so no way for me to check. I scanned through the manual and didn't see anything but there should be version info on one of the setting screens.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts