Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 F-Pace 35T, 23k miles certified and under warranty.
Three P132B stored fault codes set the Check Engine light. Anyone else had this problem?
I read the codes and freeze frame data on my scan tool. A search online revealed "P132B - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control Problem". Actually I felt the car surge upon throttle lift-off a fraction before the light came on. My local dealership replaced the actuator (boost control valve) and a connector then cleared the codes and light. A few weeks later the light was on again, same 3 Diagnostic Trouble Codes. I stopped into the dealer for them to take a look and decide next steps, waited 40 mins then they told me they had reflashed later software and cleared the codes/light (but no paperwork provided for that visit). The service advisor said the Tech thought I may need a new supercharger. I decided to first see if the problem had been resolved after the software updates but it was only days later when the Check engine light reappeared. I am scheduled in for service/further diagnostics on Dec 30th.

I have engine/calibration (job) knowledge (but not specifically Jaguar) so I don't understand the rationale suggesting I might need a new supercharger. I did not have a chance to ask the Technician why during that visit. Superchargers either work on don't and when they don't will exhibit performance or noise issues (none such on my car) but I think a problem such as this wouldn't be a functional problem with the supercharger itself. I have yet to check closely under the hood to see if the boost control actuator looks new or not. :oops:

Any advice or similar experience would be appreciated. I do not want the dealership pulling my engine apart and replacing a supercharger until I understand their logic ...even though it would all be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Make absolutely sure they are providing you paperwork, and that what's contained in it is accurate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@cbrehman. Yes, absolutely, I will do thanks.
I checked underhood and the actuator is clean so either it has been replaced ...or worked on and cleaned up. The bolts clearly have witness marks where the've been torqued. However, the parts diagram of the actuator shows the lighter grey plastic part into which the plastic wiring connector attaches, is part of the replacement part...and that part does not look like it is new.

IMG_1548.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOLVED: Vehicle went back in 30-Dec-2019 accompanied by multiple freeze frame data snapshots I took at each check engine light re-occurrence. I spoke at length with the service manager about the technical background. In my opinion everything still pointed to the boost blow-off valve actuator even though the SA had said 'the technician thinks you may need a new Supercharger' which I disagreed with. There was also no loss of performance or noises from Supercharger, they mostly either work or don't.

They started a technical case with JLR. I told them I did not want them pulling my engine apart to fit a new supercharger without consulting me and giving me some more information and rationale.

One week later, the car was ready...... and to my surprise I found out they had put in a whole new supercharger (at JLR's cost)! The good news after 5 weeks is that the problem does seem to be fixed and she is performing well.

Unfortunately, the car was returned with two gouges just in from of the hood. The Service Manager initially said they were not there when he checked the vehicle and emailed 'looks like a belt buckle damage'. Upon inspecting the damage I said I'd be happy to damage my own car leaning on it with my belt buckle hard just to prove it could not cause gouges like that down through the plastic. I explained that it was obvious looking at the gouges how the damage had occurred from something heavy coming forward from the engine compartment towards the front of the vehicle. I speculated they dropped the supercharger when pulling it out of the vehicle. The Service Manager Aaron (who does appear considerate and prepared to listen) capitulated and said they will repair the damage. I've still got to schedule that repair. It was a little disappointing that no-one ever offered any form of apology.
IMG_1806.jpg

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
glad you finally got it running right but the picture of those gouges, Ouch!!
Sadly you will never get an apology because that would mean they admit guilt.

Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
Holy cow, what type of belt buckle would cause THAT?! :unsure:
Have you been to Texas, they look like serving platers on their waists :oops:

DP

Reactions: mkauffm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you been to Texas, they look like serving platers on their waists :oops:

DP
Hey DPin, no not been to Texas but I'm well aware of their belt buckles !!! I'll be putting it in for repair in the coming weeks and we shall see what sort of a job they do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts