Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
fpace premium head lights

Hi I am new to the forum. I have read some threads that someone has converted their premium fpace halogen headlights to led but didn't metion if they get an error code in their dash. please help. I am planning to convert my halogen to led. thanks in advance

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
fpace premium head lights

Hi I am new to the forum. I have read some threads that someone has converted their premium fpace halogen headlights to led but didn't metion if they get an error code in their dash. please help. I am planning to convert my halogen to led. thanks in advance
Factory or aftermarket ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome to the forum but, what "guys" are you referring to?
Thanks :) Anyone who is listening really, but more specifically the two that mentioned they purchased the Euro lights and then couldn't get them installed on their car due to turn signal and DRL issues.

I'm picking up my '17 prestige next weekend because my '12 XF 5.0 was "totaled" in a fender bender.
It's ok though because I get to start modding a new car now.

I want to replace my LED headlights with the Euro lights so I can get rid of the ugly amber side marker.

·
Super Moderator
1,995 Posts
There was a member that bought the "Euro" LED headlights and tried to install them in a U.S. version and could not get them to work. Tried to sell them on the forum. Will you pass inspection w/o front side markers?

·
Registered
49 Posts
There was a member that bought the "Euro" LED headlights and tried to install them in a U.S. version and could not get them to work. Tried to sell them on the forum. Will you pass inspection w/o front side markers?
From what I read, he tried to upgrade from US Xenon lights to EU LED lights and had issues. From what I understand, there should be no problem swapping US LED with EU LED, or am I wrong about that?

We do not have inspections where I live. I did the same thing with my XF and it looked great. I used chrome bulbs that blink amber.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
Thanks :) Anyone who is listening really, but more specifically the two that mentioned they purchased the Euro lights and then couldn't get them installed on their car due to turn signal and DRL issues.

I'm picking up my '17 prestige next weekend because my '12 XF 5.0 was "totaled" in a fender bender.
It's ok though because I get to start modding a new car now.

I want to replace my LED headlights with the Euro lights so I can get rid of the ugly amber side marker.
I would be interested to see how this works out. I wanted to do this to my car and looked at getting the UK spec lights it was just a bit too much to justify the clear side markers, and not knowing if it would work.

DP

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would be interested to see how this works out. I wanted to do this to my car and looked at getting the UK spec lights it was just a bit too much to justify the clear side markers, and not knowing if it would work.

DP
I will make it happen one way or another so stay tuned :)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
I will make it happen one way or another so stay tuned :)
I like your enthusiasm, keep it up, we need more people like you.
DP

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like your enthusiasm, keep it up, we need more people like you.
DP
I've found them on UK eBay for around $600/ea but, like you said, that's pretty damn expensive to get rid of the amber side markers. I have also emailed Jaguar USA to ask if the parts will swap without issue. I will keep you updated on my progress.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Replacing xenon with HID headlights is not so complicated. Only a smart diagnostician is needed. Which will solve the problem with DRL and turn signals. I did it a long time ago))
And if you leave the American type of headlights with side markers - without access to the European style, then there will be less problems))
I think so))

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also waiting for the solution, if there's any :p
Just replaced my HID lamps with LED. Simple and quick plug & play with no code issue.
Made a big difference in color going from 4200 kelvin to 6000k! Beam pattern is the same which I was hoping would be better because that's why I wanted new lamps, to shoot out further but it's the same distribution. Still for $70 and an hour of tool less work it's was well worth it!

61 - 80 of 89 Posts