Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
@P-a Hudon I wanted to follow-up on your previous post on the headlight upgrades. I'm about to purchase a F-Pace with the Premium package and traditional halogen headlamps, and I'm thinking of purchasing a full HID headlamp assembly. Were you able to have the dealer install them, and how difficult was it? Does it work automatically like the regular DRLs?

The signature Jaguar J-line outline is really important to me, so let me know what you think. Thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hello

I just bought the F Pace and I think the same as you, the LED Housing looks way better. Did you find out how to replace the Xenon for the LED?
Hi,

I believe it is impossible to do this retrofit by yourself. There's a member who tried but failed. You can't do it without re-wiring and re-coding by the dealer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I heard some folks in China done it successfully. But I don't know the details, at least it requires re-coding.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey. I'm the owner of the F-pace 2017 petrol 3.0 R-sport. From the factory there were xenon headlights. I bought the LED lights assembly and they installed an official service. The wiring was not changed. The minimum encoding is for the turn signal. This is all really done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
any updates on changing the headlights to LED on US based F-Pace models? I need to change my taillights (for ones with amber turn indicators) as I will be taking my car to Spain in 4 months and the only ones I found are LEDs. I have 2017 F-Pace S which came with front Xenons and rear (hmm, whatever).
Thx for any updates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey. I'm the owner of the F-pace 2017 petrol 3.0 R-sport. From the factory there were xenon headlights. I bought the LED lights assembly and they installed an official service. The wiring was not changed. The minimum encoding is for the turn signal. This is all really done.

I want to know how did you get the led to work?

is there any instruction if i have to go from halogen to xenon?

thank you

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you go from Halogen to HID and you are using the same projectors then there are several manufacturers that sell good quality kits. I've done it twice. It will consist of everything but the actual projectors, so your computer doesn't throw a fault and give you a check engine code etc.
It's easy to do, and worked very well, just don't be one of those idiots that re-aims their lights.
If you're switching to LED''s I don't know if you need to switch the wiring..... the worry is that- as it's so much less wattage, it'll throw a code, but it doesn't always happen. For example-I changed my Halogens and replaced both the front headlights and foglights with just LED bulbs. It worked perfectly for the next 2 years, not a single issue. Being this particular switch is a "non-safety" issue, it's more just about trouble codes, I have no idea if that will work on our F-Pace, but it worked fine on my Nissan.

QUOTE=Tonyn324;669657]

thank you[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
51 Posts

thank you
Unfortunately, I don't know how to make from halogen to xenon, as we have not sold cars with halogen. Either xenon or LED. I've changed on other cars (VW) halogen to xenon. But put the complete xenon headlight in place halogen

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
This is the setup my son installed first link. They actually do have a fan. These worked fantastic with the 2013 Accord Coupe they were installed in. He got the full kit to convert the headlights, hi beams and fogs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LMYVCSQ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Looks like Amazon has a lot of options though. These are better rated, a little more money and not a complete kit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G16BTF6?aaxitk=hn-G4RIZcN59qE22vINUmQ&pd_rd_i=B01G16BTF6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3534726502&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=LED+headlights&hsa_cr_id=6004157070701

·
Registered
406 Posts
This is the setup my son installed first link. They actually do have a fan. These worked fantastic with the 2013 Accord Coupe they were installed in. He got the full kit to convert the headlights, hi beams and fogs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LMYVCSQ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Looks like Amazon has a lot of options though. These are better rated, a little more money and not a complete kit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G16BTF6?aaxitk=hn-G4RIZcN59qE22vINUmQ&pd_rd_i=B01G16BTF6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3534726502&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=LED+headlights&hsa_cr_id=6004157070701
How is the beam pattern? A lot of aftermarket LED bulbs looks bright but it does not throw a even beam or the correct pattern on the road due to lens id design for other type of bulbs..

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
How is the beam pattern? A lot of aftermarket LED bulbs looks bright but it does not throw a even beam or the correct pattern on the road due to lens id design for other type of bulbs..
It's better than the HID and standard Halogen pattern. Clearly the pattern is more due to the headlight reflector and not the bulb so much. it's not overly expensive, so probably worth a try before going the expensive route and ordering the full Jag LED Headlight replacement route.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great News Everyone. i found a way to get the LED headlight to work on xenon headlight. I was able to get a buddy to redo the wiring adapter. The problem for me is now the turn signal is not working and the DRL is not working.. this is from Halogen to LED headlight.

i need to find a master electrician to help me to find this safety wiring that jaguar has put in.

If anyone know someone who can help me please let me know.

here are the pic of the conversation.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm guessing Tonyn that the turn signals and DRL are still not working?

I also can't seem to understand from the thread, if i have the halogen lights and change out to the xenon HID lights, from what i read they are plug and play on the electrical side, but do the Jblade DRL's work?

41 - 60 of 89 Posts