Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
i'm planning upgrade my f pace headline to LED one. I'm getting the euro style LED headlight. I asked my Master jaguar tech at the dealership and he told me there shouldn't be any problem. I also ask him if he need to do any programming since the headlight is from Euro it would need a swap over from right hand drive to left hand drive. and he told me there is an option on our car setting.

so i'll will try it out to see if it work!

if not then i have a set to led headlight doing nothing.
I just did the same thing for my F-Pace ... couldn't keep the halogen (one in stock at the dealer had everything I was looking for except the Xenon) so I checked with my dealer in Québec and they told me it will work ... so I have a set of euro LEDs coming up today in the mail

Crossing fingers !!!! Going to the dealer in 2 weeks with those ...

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do the EURO Lights have the YELLOW Side Marker / Turn Signal ???

There was some discussion in another thread concerning this ,
as to whether or not it would be Illegal in the U.S. to NOT have the YELLOW !!!

I'm not sure either way , but just something to think about !!!:)

The euro style doesn't have the amber color sticker. And our police doesn't care about those thing. But it will make the car look awesome!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just did the same thing for my F-Pace ... couldn't keep the halogen (one in stock at the dealer had everything I was looking for except the Xenon) so I checked with my dealer in Québec and they told me it will work ... so I have a set of euro LEDs coming up today in the mail

Cheers

Good luck my friend !!!!! Mine will be here in 2 weeks too. My master tech at the dealership said it should be any problem with the swap. But there will be some programming that all.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Cheers

Any luck? I just my head light in today and it's look nice! Gonna go to the dealer this weekend.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Any luck? I just my head light in today and it's look nice! Gonna go to the dealer this weekend.
I got the lights they look amazing ... specially the euro clear corner !!! I have an app on the 1st of September so still waiting ... I also ordered a set of black mirror cover as I have the black package with the black wheels as well !!! Can't wait to get my LEDs I really hate driving my F-Pace at night (Had Xenon on my Lexus and pretty much all my previous vehicles)

Let me know if you make any progress !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also looking to replace Xenons with LED in the UK

I got the lights they look amazing ... specially the euro clear corner !!! I have an app on the 1st of September so still waiting ... I also ordered a set of black mirror cover as I have the black package with the black wheels as well !!! Can't wait to get my LEDs I really hate driving my F-Pace at night (Had Xenon on my Lexus and pretty much all my previous vehicles)

Let me know if you make any progress !!!
New to this forum - I was looking for confirmation, but I spoke to my daughter's friend's father who works at JLR on the Landy side; he believes that the wiring loom is the same (fully wired and the same connector) for the LED headlight unit as for the Xenon. I'm waiting for delivery of my wife's 3.0 S/C S Firenze Red model with everything on it (except LED lights, didn't realise the LEDs were needed to get adaptive lights and too late to change!)
I work (at the moment) at a vehicle refinisher here in the UK which is about to start pre - delivery inspecting and refinishing Jags and Landys, I've asked the workshop manager to see if he can find out the details of any problems swapping for factory LED units so if I find out I'll let you know; in the meantime, I'd be interested to hear real experience!

·
Registered
947 Posts
No the Euro style do not, its technically illegal but I doubt any cop will know about USDOT laws and side marker requirements on headlights.
Having been around vehicle regulations most of my working life, let's put it this way, Jaguar could not offer the FP for sale in NA with the clear front side marker lamps, because they do not comply with the Federal regulations. However, after the vehicle is sold, unless you live in a jurisdiction where your vehicle has to maintain compliance with Federal regulations, you can change them, if you feel so inclined :)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
148 Posts
Quick update...

If you have a vehicle with Halogens Headlights the conversion to LEDs require some rewiring as the flasher and DRL (mandatory in Canada) won't work ... the easiest solution would be to go with the HID as they have the same connector and pins ...

I will have a set of euro LEDs for sale shortly ... just have to reorder the HIDs instead of the LEDs ...

Hope it helps for people wondering ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Were you successful ? or you pretty much have the same issues that I do ...
NO Luck Yet!

My F-pace have been in the dealer since sept 1!!! and it still there. i'm having a problem with the steering. every-time i turn left and step on the gas there a loud clicking noise. The dealer have try to fix this 3 times already and it still there. so i dont have any luck too.

Since you having that problem....... i guess i have a set of new Euro LED headlight for sale too.. :(

·
Registered
148 Posts
NO Luck Yet!

My F-pace have been in the dealer since sept 1!!! and it still there. i'm having a problem with the steering. every-time i turn left and step on the gas there a loud clicking noise. The dealer have try to fix this 3 times already and it still there. so i dont have any luck too.

Since you having that problem....... i guess i have a set of new Euro LED headlight for sale too.. :(
Unless you want to play in the electrical wires ...

Biggest issue was the turn signals not working and DRL ... I am sure there is a way of fixing that I know my dealer are currently looking into it ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too am a newbie here on the forum and to the proud F-Pace ownership community! I purchased my vehicle (2017 F-Pace 35T) with the Xenon headlamps and want the LED signature "J" adaptive look.... I went on Ebay and fund the complete assembly for as low as 550 each and was going to purchase them but then realized that I'd need new wire harnesses and voltage regulation, etc... as you stated, not as easy as a quick swap... I inquired at my dealership in NJ who said they can do it but its over 7K for them to do the complete project.... UGH!
I am now thinking of purchasing one of the led assemblies to experiment and see if I can open it up and install an LED strip to the "J" outline as in the factory set.. is successful, they will not be adaptive but will at least look like them and have that signature look... (I'm sorry I didn't think of this before I purchased).... Any assistance, or insight to this endeavor would be appreciated!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I too am a newbie here on the forum and to the proud F-Pace ownership community! I purchased my vehicle (2017 F-Pace 35T) with the Xenon headlamps and want the LED signature "J" adaptive look.... I went on Ebay and fund the complete assembly for as low as 550 each and was going to purchase them but then realized that I'd need new wire harnesses and voltage regulation, etc... as you stated, not as easy as a quick swap... I inquired at my dealership in NJ who said they can do it but its over 7K for them to do the complete project.... UGH!
I am now thinking of purchasing one of the led assemblies to experiment and see if I can open it up and install an LED strip to the "J" outline as in the factory set.. is successful, they will not be adaptive but will at least look like them and have that signature look... (I'm sorry I didn't think of this before I purchased).... Any assistance, or insight to this endeavor would be appreciated!
There is no issue with the voltage ...

Just the blinkers and DRL that won't work (In Canada DRL are mandatory)

Apparently it's just a matter of switching wires but I got myself a set of Xenon as I didn't mind them (And DRL was still an issue ... wasn't wiling to install a relay and all the stuff ... the closest dealer is 6hrs away so)

If you want I have a set of UK Euro Led headlamps brand new with the clear corner (Looks a way better) for sale now ...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I don't understand why people don't just order the LEDs when you configured your F-Pace. Why go through all this after purchase crap? It probably won't even look exactly like factory-installed LEDs with the J adaptive look. I've never purchased a vehicle that I was so dissatisfied with that I felt compelled to track down modifications to try to make it better. Get exactly what you want from the beginning.

If you think you might want this or that, but you want to stick to a certain price---don't. It means you really do want this or that, so get it from the start. Stop torturing yourself.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't understand why people don't just order the LEDs when you configured your F-Pace. Why go through all this after purchase crap? It probably won't even look exactly like factory-installed LEDs with the J adaptive look. I've never purchased a vehicle that I was so dissatisfied with that I felt compelled to track down modifications to try to make it better. Get exactly what you want from the beginning.

If you think you might want this or that, but you want to stick to a certain price---don't. It means you really do want this or that, so get it from the start. Stop torturing yourself.
I saved 9000$ because they had the car in stock and all configured as I wanted except HIDs or LEDs ... and got it delivered the week after

I can put 1200$ in upgrading the headlights ... what do you think ?

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts

I saved 9000$ because they had the car in stock and all configured as I wanted except HIDs or LEDs ... and got it delivered the week after

I can put 1200$ in upgrading the headlights ... what do you think ?
I mean, to be clear, by saving $9000 not getting LED headlights, you also sacrificed many other features as well.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts

There is some validity to this. However, sometimes manufacturers don?t offer the exact item you want so you have to go aftermarket. A good example of this is wheels. Things that you probably can?t go aftermarket on reasonably in higher end cars are headlights, infotainment, etc.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
and that's the point they come as a group with many other options I don't want ... $$$
I don't believe that at all. Those other features are pluses not negatives. They make the overall experience either safer, more enjoyable, or both. What you really mean is you don't want to pay for them. You wouldn't turn them down if they were free options, would you?

I didn't think so.;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
and that's the point they come as a group with many other options I don't want ... $$$
I don't believe that at all. Those other features are pluses not negatives. They make the overall experience either safer, more enjoyable, or both. What you really mean is you don't want to pay for them. You wouldn't turn them down if they were free options, would you?

I didn't think so.
I bought my car like I wanted ... Paid for what I wanted and the rest I wasn't interested ...

21 - 40 of 94 Posts