Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum.

I'm going to get a f-pace with Xenon headlight but I would like to upgrade the headlight to LED afterwards. Does anyone know that if it is a direct swap? Or does it require any programming by the dealer?

The reason I'm asking is that 100% tax is applied for any options added on a new car in my country. And I just don't want to order the F-pace with the LED option from the dealer which cost me more than $5500 with tax:crying:. While I can get the LED from UK for just $1200.

Thanks~

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum.

I'm going to get a f-pace with Xenon headlight but I would like to upgrade the headlight to LED afterwards. Does anyone know that if it is a direct swap? Or does it require any programming by the dealer?

The reason I'm asking is that 100% tax is applied for any options added on a new car in my country. And I just don't want to order the F-pace with the LED option from the dealer which cost me more than $5500 with tax:crying:. While I can get the LED from UK for just $1200.

Thanks~
visit this website:
Ledheadlightspro.com
I got my girlfriend LED low & high beams for her Hyundai Santa fe sport. They work great, she's had them for about a year now and they've been fantastic. Its plug and play, so there is no rewiring or anything like that. You have to buy a load resistor with the LED though so there is no flickering

But I would recommend keeping the HID xenon bulb. Aftermarket LEDs are nothing like OEM LEDs; manufacturers build their headlight assembly around LED bulbs. That means the assembly itself, at least for jaguar, has many many LEDs and there configured in a manner that gives you many beam patterns for the best illumination at night. If you replace one OEM xenon bulb with one aftermarket LED light assembly (see link to know what the assembly looks like) the LED assembly is going to emit less light and is going to have a projection thats far less when compared to the OEM xenon bulb.

Im not sure why you want to switch from xenon to LED anyway because both produce a very high end looking bright white light. Luxury manufacturers use xenon and LED so Xenon is not cheap or inferior.

Its up to you but I would just stick with the Xenon bulb.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey folks, thanks for your input.

I want the LED headlight because I like the outlook of the LED headlight housing much more than the Xenon one. And I have factory LED headlight for one of my other cars which is sharper, brighter, more stable and response faster. I love it and I hope the LED on f-pace would perform the same.

However after discussing with the LED seller from UK I believe it is not a direct swap. To answer myself it may require wiring modify and re-programming. What a pity, I don't want to pay $5500 for a LED headlight.

·
Registered
220 Posts

I want the LED headlight because I like the outlook of the LED headlight housing much more than the Xenon one. And I have factory LED headlight for one of my other cars which is sharper, brighter, more stable and response faster. I love it and I hope the LED on f-pace would perform the same.

However after discussing with the LED seller from UK I believe it is not a direct swap. To answer myself it may require wiring modify and re-programming. What a pity, I don't want to pay $5500 for a LED headlight.

I have xenon headlights on my other car, and think they are great. I asked the Jag sales guy about the LEDs for my Fpace, assuming they were better, and he said the Xenon headlights are actually just a tad brighter. The advantage (at least in my head) to the LEDs is longevity and the fact that they don't heat up, which contributes to premature discoloration of the plastic lenses.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

Have you inquired about buying the entire LED headlight assembly from Jaguar? Or is that what you mean when you say you would have to pay $5500 for it? That seems insane.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have xenon headlights on my other car, and think they are great. I asked the Jag sales guy about the LEDs for my Fpace, assuming they were better, and he said the Xenon headlights are actually just a tad brighter. The advantage (at least in my head) to the LEDs is longevity and the fact that they don't heat up, which contributes to premature discoloration of the plastic lenses.
I have Xenon on my Audi and BMW, both perform well when new, but deteriorated after 3+ years. Also the main reason I go for LED on the f-pace is I love the LED headlight housing styling, which looks much better to me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Have you inquired about buying the entire LED headlight assembly from Jaguar? Or is that what you mean when you say you would have to pay $5500 for it? That seems insane.
Well... the LED option cost $2900. The government tax is 100% for luxury new car here, including factory options. So if I ticked the LED headlight, I'm gonna pay $2900+$2900tax (it's not $5500, it's $5800 instead) for the upgrade. Sounds terrible. If I can do it myself, not by the dealer, it cost $1200 for the parts (from UK directly). But it seems requiring wire modification and re-programming which make it impossible to be a DIY job.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Well... the LED option cost $2900. The government tax is 100% for luxury new car here, including factory options. So if I ticked the LED headlight, I'm gonna pay $2900+$2900tax (it's not $5500, it's $5800 instead) for the upgrade. Sounds terrible. If I can do it myself, not by the dealer, it cost $1200 for the parts (from UK directly). But it seems requiring wire modification and re-programming which make it impossible to be a DIY job.
Oh okay, wow theres a 100% tax on a luxury car in Britain? Gosh Im glad I live in America, thats a robbery guised as a 'tax'. Im sure you could find a car shop that would be able to do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am trying to do the same thing here. Can you let me know if you find a solution? Appreciate it!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am trying to do the same thing here. Can you let me know if you find a solution? Appreciate it!
Have done some search and no solid solution found yet. Dealer confirmed it's not a direct swap and they are impossible to do the upgrade after the car has been out from the factory. So wiring modification and re-programming are involved. Not an easy job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, I see you asking how to replace HID headlamps with LED headlamps. Do you find a way? I now buy a pair of original LED headlights, but I am not sure need to change the line and reinstall the computer system.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello, I see you asking how to replace HID headlamps with LED headlamps. Do you find a way? I now buy a pair of original LED headlights, but I am not sure need to change the line and reinstall the computer system.
I'm also waiting for the solution, if there's any :p

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The easiest possible way is plug it in, and ask for a dealer to re-code it. But it may involve a lot more custom work like re-wiring / hardware mod.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Why not just order an F-Pace that already has LEDs, or order whatever package comes with LEDs? It would save you a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Why not just order an F-Pace that already has LEDs, or order whatever package comes with LEDs? It would save you a lot of trouble.
Because in some countries, like mine in Hong Kong, the LED is an option and it costs a fortune to have it equipped from the factory because of the terrible government tax and crazy dealer pricing.

i.e. we pay about US$3000 + US$3000(tax) = US$6000 for the LED.

So many ppl here would get the base model and upgrade on their own afterwards to save a lot of money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'm planning upgrade my f pace headline to LED one. I'm getting the euro style LED headlight. I asked my Master jaguar tech at the dealership and he told me there shouldn't be any problem. I also ask him if he need to do any programming since the headlight is from Euro it would need a swap over from right hand drive to left hand drive. and he told me there is an option on our car setting.

so i'll will try it out to see if it work!

if not then i have a set to led headlight doing nothing.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
i'm planning upgrade my f pace headline to LED one. I'm getting the euro style LED headlight. I asked my Master jaguar tech at the dealership and he told me there shouldn't be any problem. I also ask him if he need to do any programming since the headlight is from Euro it would need a swap over from right hand drive to left hand drive. and he told me there is an option on our car setting.

Let us know how that works out. I know others have entertained the swap but it seemed expensive to make the change. My S has the LH/RH option in the vehicle settings since I have the LED lights. I would confirm that the menu would show up after the LEDs are installed or if there is additional software tweaks that need to happen for that.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts

Do the EURO Lights have the YELLOW Side Marker / Turn Signal ???

There was some discussion in another thread concerning this ,
as to whether or not it would be Illegal in the U.S. to NOT have the YELLOW !!!

I'm not sure either way , but just something to think about !!!:)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Do the EURO Lights have the YELLOW Side Marker / Turn Signal ???

There was some discussion in another thread concerning this ,
as to whether or not it would be Illegal in the U.S. to NOT have the YELLOW !!!

I'm not sure either way , but just something to think about !!!:)
No the Euro style do not, its technically illegal but I doubt any cop will know about USDOT laws and side marker requirements on headlights.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts