Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So about two weeks ago I got my F-pace coated with Ceramic pro, all windows (including windshield and rear screen) and wheels were coated as well. The high shine these coatings give your car will bring a smile to your face everytime you see it.

The last picture really shows what the entire vehicle looks like when you look closely (those aren't water spots its just that shiny). The other three show how glossy the vehicle looks (looks like a mirror). I would recommend this to anyone. Really good investment and gives superior protection.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Was actually talking to my dealer today about this very product! Nice pics! Did you consider a clear bra?

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I have posted this before, but will throw in my thumbs-up for this protection as well. I got the lifetime package, gold or platinum, I forget which. Since my FP will be outside most of the winter, I shopped around and decided on Ceramic Pro. Aside from the protection, as the OP stated, the gloss is unreal, and on a vehicle the color of mine, black glass!

·
Registered
5 Posts
JMan - Can you tell me where you had the coating applied and approximate cost? I am in the Philadelphia area and looking to have this done to my F-Pace when it arrives (looking like November now)...

·
Registered
92 Posts
theweeb, where did you have it done? Did you also have a clear bra put on? If so before or after the coating? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was actually talking to my dealer today about this very product! Nice pics! Did you consider a clear bra?
I did consider a clear bra, it was a couple hundred dollars more. But considering that ceramic pro coats the entire vehicle and offers superior protection (depending on how many coats). Where as the clear bra only protects the front and sometimes the side of the vehicle I went with Ceramic pro (silver package= 5 year warranty).

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
theweeb, where did you have it done? Did you also have a clear bra put on? If so before or after the coating? Thanks.
So both can be applied, but I would choose one or the other (preferably a ceramic coating because it coats the entire vehicle). The way it works is they will cover the entire vehicle with ceramic pro first, after ceramic pro has cured to the surface they will they apply the clear bra. One of the detail shops I contacted told me few people do that because the price jumps from around 1500 for one or the other to over 3000 for both.

Theweeb- Is that the ultimate black? It looks exactly like mine with the gloss black look.

JefFpace- Yes I strongly recommend you do, I have to deal with the east coast winters so rock salt and grind can be put down as early as october and I want my F-pace staying as good as new for as long as possible.

Hobieskipper- sent you a private message with all the details.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to hold off on the clear bra and\or other protection for now
As long as you get it done before winter it should be protected, I wanted to do it when the vehicle was brand new so the paint really got protected right away and would keep the original sparkle of the metallic paint.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are any of you on long Island because the place I had Mine done is amazing . Lots of high end cars and they give you a free loaner or a vette aso an upgraded loaner ( cost money ) .

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Love the shine ... like glass[/QUOTE

Your F-Pace looks beautiful. But what does Ceramic Pro do other than make the paint glossy and good-looking? Does it protect against those tiny rocks that spit from vehicles in front of you on the highway and damage the paint on your front end? Does it protect fenders and rocker panels against winter road salt? I think someone posted on this forum months ago that you after applying this stuff you can't wash car with soap anymore or run it through a car wash. Is that true?

I'm trying to understand the pros and cons of this kind of protection versus the film type of protection. I've never had either type on any car but am considering it for my F-Pace.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is merely a harder, brighter finish. It will deter mostly from fine scratches and perhaps some small stones. Road salt should not be an issue even with the factory finish. It is suggested that you hand or touchless watch but any wash is still an option. The film should protect from scratches and stone chips

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Love the shine ... like glass[/QUOTE

Your F-Pace looks beautiful. But what does Ceramic Pro do other than make the paint glossy and good-looking? Does it protect against those tiny rocks that spit from vehicles in front of you on the highway and damage the paint on your front end? Does it protect fenders and rocker panels against winter road salt? I think someone posted on this forum months ago that you after applying this stuff you can't wash car with soap anymore or run it through a car wash. Is that true?

I'm trying to understand the pros and cons of this kind of protection versus the film type of protection. I've never had either type on any car but am considering it for my F-Pace.
So a clear bra is actually a thin piece of clear plastic that they apply, usually, to the front portion of the car that is most likely to have debris shoot up from the road and hit it. A clear bra does not protect the rest of your vehicle from acid rain, paint dulling from the sun, bird poop, swirl marks, or scratches. But it does do a fine job of protecting the front portion of your vehicle.

Ceramic Pro coats the entire vehicle with a liquid substance called 9H. The entire vehicle is coated and once cured to the vehicles paint acts as an extra clear coat. In most instances people choose to have multiple layers of the 9H applied so they have extra protection. Three coats of 9H is like having three extra layers of thick clear coat on top of the paint. So the vehicle has an extreme hydrophobic effect (water just runs off of the car) and swirl marks and scratches wipe out with the use of a damp microfiber cloth.

Now to your questions/concerns.
In most cases Ceramic pro will protect your car from road debris, I'm sure there is always a possibility of a rock hitting your car at such speed to where it cuts through all protectant layers (but highly unlikely).

Ceramic pro will protect your F-pace from rock salt and grind (I live in the northeast so I was sure to look into that)

Not sure who told you that you wouldn't be able to wash your car with soap, you can (of course make sure you get soap that is intended to clean cars). I just washed the car with turtle wax super foaming soap and a soft hand brush (you do not want to scrub the car with a hard brush with bristles or anything like that). After you finish washing you can simply use a leaf blower to dry the car, the water just blows right off.

You cannot use an automatic car wash, in reality you should never use an automatic car wash. Automatic car washes have brushes that collect all types of dirt and debris from peoples cars before you and will leave micro scratches and swirl marks on your car after you have it done. I would recommend either doing it yourself or taking it to a detail shop and inquiring on how much an exterior detail would be (more expensive but a lot safer for your car in the long run).

Ceramic pro also comes with a warranty (at least two years, at most lifetime).

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are any of you on long Island because the place I had Mine done is amazing . Lots of high end cars and they give you a free loaner or a vette aso an upgraded loaner ( cost money ) .
D*mn. A free loaner? Ive never heard of a detail shop giving a loaner (even the higher end ones). How much did yours cost, just curious to see if they stuck some extra fees in there so they can afford to give out loaners.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
So a clear bra is actually a thin piece of clear plastic that they apply, usually, to the front portion of the car that is most likely to have debris shoot up from the road and hit it. A clear bra does not protect the rest of your vehicle from acid rain, paint dulling from the sun, bird poop, swirl marks, or scratches. But it does do a fine job of protecting the front portion of your vehicle.

Ceramic Pro coats the entire vehicle with a liquid substance called 9H. The entire vehicle is coated and once cured to the vehicles paint acts as an extra clear coat. In most instances people choose to have multiple layers of the 9H applied so they have extra protection. Three coats of 9H is like having three extra layers of thick clear coat on top of the paint. So the vehicle has an extreme hydrophobic effect (water just runs off of the car) and swirl marks and scratches wipe out with the use of a damp microfiber cloth.

Now to your questions/concerns.
In most cases Ceramic pro will protect your car from road debris, I'm sure there is always a possibility of a rock hitting your car at such speed to where it cuts through all protectant layers (but highly unlikely).

Ceramic pro will protect your F-pace from rock salt and grind (I live in the northeast so I was sure to look into that)

Not sure who told you that you wouldn't be able to wash your car with soap, you can (of course make sure you get soap that is intended to clean cars). I just washed the car with turtle wax super foaming soap and a soft hand brush (you do not want to scrub the car with a hard brush with bristles or anything like that). After you finish washing you can simply use a leaf blower to dry the car, the water just blows right off.

You cannot use an automatic car wash, in reality you should never use an automatic car wash. Automatic car washes have brushes that collect all types of dirt and debris from peoples cars before you and will leave micro scratches and swirl marks on your car after you have it done. I would recommend either doing it yourself or taking it to a detail shop and inquiring on how much an exterior detail would be (more expensive but a lot safer for your car in the long run).

Ceramic pro also comes with a warranty (at least two years, at most lifetime).
By car wash, I only use touchless car washes. I haven't been to a car wash with brushes in at least a decade. A touchless car wash is more expensive but only liquid ever touches your car. It sounds like a touchless car wash would be okay.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts