Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to remove their center rear headrest? The manual indicates it can be done but is not very clear about it. Shortly after I got my F-P, I asked the dealer to do it for me but the mechanic couldn't do it. I tried myself later at home and could not remove it either. Maybe it takes 4 hands.
It is of no use to me and just blocks the rear view a little.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Don't know how myself, but in the meantime, if you raise the headrest you will see a little latch, by flipping it, you can lay down the center section and it will be out of your way until one of the maestros on here say how it is done. Its a 40 20 40 rear seat as well as a 60 40 seat if you lay down the one behind the driver. The center section does lay down by itself.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
the instructions in the manual are only for the other head restraints, not the rear center. it makes no mention of that one being removable (that is if your middle rear is different than the others like mine) but to remove the others it does require 2 people (or 4 hands) as stated in the manual. It does not appear possible without taking apart that center armrest to unlock the head restraint from the inside but the kid and I gave it a go for ya, sorry

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
the instructions in the manual are only for the other head restraints, not the rear center. it makes no mention of that one being removable (that is if your middle rear is different than the others like mine) but to remove the others it does require 2 people (or 4 hands) as stated in the manual. It does not appear possible without taking apart that center armrest to unlock the head restraint from the inside but the kid and I gave it a go for ya, sorry
At first I really wanted to remove all the rear headrests. After not being able to remove the center one, I just folded the other 2 down, and after a week or so I became comfortable with the visibility to the rear.
There could be implications if you remove the headrests, and one of the rear seat passengers gets injured because they were not there. :eek:

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

At first I really wanted to remove all the rear headrests. After not being able to remove the center one, I just folded the other 2 down, and after a week or so I became comfortable with the visibility to the rear.
There could be implications if you remove the headrests, and one of the rear seat passengers gets injured because they were not there. :eek:
apparently the removal of that middle one was a concern for my kid as well she thought it blocked my vision but that was one of the least concerns for me as far as visibility but same as you after about a week along with good mirror placement and getting used to the blind spot assist it's all good

Reactions: MTHM
1 - 5 of 5 Posts