Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what is the name or part number for this center console replacement but I saw a carbon fiber-like part on a XE and I would love that for my F-pace since I know my black piano peice will look like crap soon.

Has anyone bought this piece? I'm assuming if we order it that it would fit the F-Pace as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not sure what is the name or part number for this center console replacement but I saw a carbon fiber-like part on a XE and I would love that for my F-pace since I know my black piano peice will look like crap soon.

Has anyone bought this piece? I'm assuming if we order it that it would fit the F-Pace as well.
I talked to my sales rep about thos piece and he checked into it for me back in may and I was told it would fit . He told me the price ( but I forgot what it is ) I remember it was not expensive though . He had tried to get the parts department to order it for me 3 times and they never did ( they were suppose to contact me when it came in ) . I was annoyed So after getting no where with it I just gave up . So yes the part will fit . I might give it another shot though because I like the way it looks so much better .

·
Registered
176 Posts
The XE options brochure includes a carbon fiber finish for the interior. I suspect the picture is of that trim rather than an actual accessory (which would explain why it doesn't appear in the US or U.K. part catalogs).

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

I wish the entire piano black trim pieces could be optioned as carbon fiber instead; my center console piano black trim pieces are already all scratched up. :(

·
Registered
212 Posts

I wish the entire piano black trim pieces could be optioned as carbon fiber instead; my center console piano black trim pieces are already all scratched up.
I agree Def should have been an option .

·
Registered
12 Posts
vinyl wrapp

In the UK you can have wrapped in carbon vinyl an XE owner had his console and cup holder cover done quite cheaply I am sure you have companies that do this over there if you look XE forum UK under CUP Holder Covers you will see a picture of it hope this helps

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Anyone know how easy it is to remove that panel? It should be easy to apply vinyl wrap, and not very expensive.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Another solution to protect the piano black finish is to have protective clear film applied. Similar to when you get an appliance wrapped in clear film for shipping. I had parts of the exterior done with X Peel Ultimate and for a small extra charge I had the installer apply it to the whole center console wherever there was the piano black finish. So far it is held up well with no marks. If it deteriorates I can easily replace it.

On the other hand if you get can a carbon fibre piece or pieces for an inexpensive price that would be a good option. So keep us posted on part numbers. Probably if interested, if you go to the dealer parts department they should have a schematic with the parts depicted and part numbers. From there you can price it out for parts and labour.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm going to see about getting all my interior black trim wrapped. 3M makes some nice carbon fiber and wood trim wraps. I'll post what I find out, but don't think it will be too expensive.

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
176 Posts
Resurrecting this thread as I came across a seller on eBay who has pre-cut vinyl pieces for the center console. Search for carbon fiber stickers F-Pace. Not a bad protective solution for around $60.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/252777552228

Attachments

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Fake carbon fibre always looks tacky.
Agreed, and its a sticker which will be extremely hard to line up. I guarantee it will be impossible to get on perfectly.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Yes there are pics elsewhere on the forum on how to do it. Actually a couple threads. Search for it and you'll see. It just pops up but you need to use plastic pry tools, not something like a screwdriver. Otherwise, you'll scratch things.

·
Registered
193 Posts
@McKinneyO, Curious to know if you got this and how did it fit and look? Is it somewhat scratch resistance compared to the original piano black surface?
No, I decided against making the change.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
531 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts