Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Has anyone tried this? It looks brand new. No reviews yet. I'll be honest, from the photos I can't tell how this is better than the standard that came with the car. Maybe I'm not seeing it from the best angle.

https://www.amazon.com/Eppar®-Cente...rd_wg=ckwwI&psc=1&refRID=VF83MQ8AR89HQPV89E7B
The center console is small enough as is, im not sure how adding something to it would maximize space. Im still confused and annoyed on why Jaguar made the center console so small, much smaller than my lexus and that was a mid-size sedan.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The center console is small enough as is, im not sure how adding something to it would maximize space. Im still confused and annoyed on why Jaguar made the center console so small, much smaller than my lexus and that was a mid-size sedan.
I consider the IS to be mid-size. I thought my GS was full-size. But, yes, the center console inside and out (nice soft leather atop the console) in my Lexus was much higher quality and larger.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I consider the IS to be mid-size. I thought my GS was full-size. But, yes, the center console inside and out (nice soft leather atop the console) in my Lexus was much higher quality and larger.
IS is compact, GS is mid-size and LS is full-size is how I understood it. Unless they changed classifications and now the larger sedans (LS, 7 series, S class etc.) are considered super-size or something similar haha ;)

But agreed, Lexus knows how to cushion the occupants aint no arguing there. I find the headrests in the F-pace to be particularly hard as well, GS had pillow like head rests.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
You guys NEVER cease to amaze me !!! How does a Thread about a "little plastic insert for the center console of the Jaguar F-Pace" turn into a back and forth conversation about multiple models of a Lexus ???

You mean to tell me that some Goober would actually pay ***$50.00*** for that "little plastic insert thingamabob for the center console of the Jaguar F-Pace" ??? :laugh:

That's the first thing I'm going to check for in Trek's F-Pace at the MEET !!! >:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have to agree. A big complaint with the car is the size of that center console. My Explorer center console was literally 3x larger.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Just put in less junk!! You people need a closet organizer (yes you can actually hire someone for this dirty little task) with a sub subspecialty in vehicle consoles!! I am sure if you Google you will find that person.
A wallet, case of gum and glasses aren't considered junk, at least not to me. When you are unable to put basic things you use every day into a center console its definitely to small. This center console belongs in a Porsche 911 or something similar, and I bet even that car has a larger center console.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
To the OP, not sure how that plastic insert would work with USB cable and my JAGMUSIC USB.

To the total sidetrack of the console size, I'm with TA, get organized. I've done 8,000 miles and center console holds wallet, activity key, bag of quarters and misc other stuff. Doesn't hold my glasses but isn't that what the sunglass holder above mirror is for? Also the side compartment helps with parking card and other minor stuff. Get organized. My 4Runner has a much larger center console and it just collected junk.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
To the OP, not sure how that plastic insert would work with USB cable and my JAGMUSIC USB.

To the total sidetrack of the console size, I'm with TA, get organized. I've done 8,000 miles and center console holds wallet, activity key, bag of quarters and misc other stuff. Doesn't hold my glasses but isn't that what the sunglass holder above mirror is for? Also the side compartment helps with parking card and other minor stuff. Get organized. My 4Runner has a much larger center console and it just collected junk.
Sun glasses holder is to small as well, doesn't fit my ironman sun glasses. Center console is far to small for a vehicle of this size, the world hasn't ended because of it but am curious why they decided to make it that size.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Sun glasses holder is to small as well, doesn't fit my ironman sun glasses. Center console is far to small for a vehicle of this size, the world hasn't ended because of it but am curious why they decided to make it that size.
They had to leave room for retractable cup holder covers ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
A wallet, case of gum and glasses aren't considered junk, at least not to me. When you are unable to put basic things you use every day into a center console its definitely to small. This center console belongs in a Porsche 911 or something similar, and I bet even that car has a larger center console.
May I suggest you use the sunglass holder for your glasses rather than the console, after all Jaguar's design team I am sure spent many hours designing the sunglass holder only for you to put them somewhere else. As for gum, well not a great habit, drive a Jag and drop the gum chewing that is what I say.

And by the way my post was meant to be humorous, I guess the import of it passed you by. You need to lighten up a little!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Has anyone tried this? It looks brand new. No reviews yet. I'll be honest, from the photos I can't tell how this is better than the standard that came with the car. Maybe I'm not seeing it from the best angle.

https://www.amazon.com/Eppar®-Cente...rd_wg=ckwwI&psc=1&refRID=VF83MQ8AR89HQPV89E7B
I bought it from Ebay. See the link below for about half the price. I like it because it enables me to control the lightning cable for my iPhone. The cable is tucked under the tray and you can lengthen or shorten the cable easily by pulling or pushing the cable through the hole in the tray. It doesn't really give you any more room for storage but you can store a little under the tray and some more in the tray.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252683175515?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
536 Posts
You guys NEVER cease to amaze me !!! How does a Thread about a "little plastic insert for the center console of the Jaguar F-Pace" turn into a back and forth conversation about multiple models of a Lexus ???

You mean to tell me that some Goober would actually pay ***$50.00*** for that "little plastic insert thingamabob for the center console of the Jaguar F-Pace" ??? :laugh:

That's the first thing I'm going to check for in Trek's F-Pace at the MEET !!! >:)
I am the Goober as charged. :) Although I did only pay $25.88 for it. See my comment above.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
May I suggest you use the sunglass holder for your glasses rather than the console, after all Jaguar's design team I am sure spent many hours designing the sunglass holder only for you to put them somewhere else. As for gum, well not a great habit, drive a Jag and drop the gum chewing that is what I say.

And by the way my post was meant to be humorous, I guess the import of it passed you by. You need to lighten up a little!!
I got what you were saying but on a serious note I was reiterating how unbelievably tiny the center console is. And not to sound like a diva but my sunglasses don't even fit in the sunglasses holder... F-pace is really working against me here. I do commend them on the size of the door bins though, that is where I keep my sunglasses and gum! Center console is only for my USB and wallet, Haha.

Reactions: Caymus

·
Registered
254 Posts
What I want to know is who is driving around in a 2015 F-Pace???

Kerry

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I am the Goober as charged. :) Although I did only pay $25.88 for it. See my comment above.
It's alright baherrick , you are only HALF the "Goober" , I was referring to ! :)
I was referring to the "Goobers" that paid ***$50.00*** !!! >:)
So that would make YOU , a *THRIFTY* Goober , which means you and I are still Good !!! >:)
As long as you say so , that is !!! ;)

Reactions: baherrick

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
What I want to know is who is driving around in a 2015 F-Pace???

Kerry
Good Eye , Kerry !
Maybe it's that Black and White SWIRLY Vinyl Wrap Job one , they did all the testing in ! >:)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Sun glasses holder is to small as well, doesn't fit my ironman sun glasses.
I knew you were young Jman , but are you in elementary school or what ??? Maybe you should see if your *Incredible Hulk* sun glasses will fit , since your *Ironmans* won't !!! >:)

And a "case of gum" ???
What are you chewing nowadays , *BUBBLE YUM* or *HUBBA BUBBA* ??? >:)

Reactions: Jman97
1 - 20 of 25 Posts