Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always used ProClip stuff as its super well designed and looks sharp. HOWEVER, I want to buy a new mount for my 2021 SVR and it was a no-go. I wrote ProClip and her is what they said.

"The 2020 mounts do not work with the 2021 models. At this time we do not have a ProClip vehicle mount for the new 2021 Jaguar F-Pace. The good news is we do anticipate having mounts for this vehicle. However, due to the availability of the vehicles in our testing area, we are hoping for the mounts to be available soon but do not have a specific timeframe."

Sooo, has anybody used a mount in their 2021 yet? I see there are suction cup mounts, but I dont really want to stick anything to the dashboard. Then there are cup holders, however it would but the phone right in path of your arm. I see the are also vent mount ones, but I am not sure if those will clear the large screen.

Any advice from somebody who is using one would be cool. Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you're using an iPhone 12 (any version) I have a solutions that works really well! You can search on "iPhone 12"...I created a thread on it. Or PM me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're using an iPhone 12 (any version) I have a solutions that works really well! You can search on "iPhone 12"...I created a thread on it. Or PM me.
I checked out the thread, thanks for the solution. I am looking for something more in the face. I use Waze and like having the phone right at eyeish level so I can look and not look too far from the road.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If just for Waze (and you want it in your face), why not use the built-in Android Auto or Apple CarPlay conneciton?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If just for Waze (and you want it in your face), why not use the built-in Android Auto or Apple CarPlay conneciton?
Thats a really good question, have a iPhone 11 Max, and have never used CarPlay or the Android app. I guess I better look into that. Thanks so much for the direction.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think the Apple Carplay app comes pre-loaded on all of the latest iPhones, so you can literally just plug the phone in with an approved cable (use the one that came with the phone for best results, some of the 3rd party cables are flaky). The first time you plug it in, you'll have to accept a few legal disclaimers but it will automatically "work" the next time you plug it in without any prompting or action by you. It's very convenient, but not for everybody. Definitely try it to see if it will suit your needs. Don't forget you can also press (hold down a couple seconds I believe) the voice command button on your steering wheel to interface with your phone (or at least my Android works that way, hopefully Siri is the same).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the Apple Carplay app comes pre-loaded on all of the latest iPhones, so you can literally just plug the phone in with an approved cable (use the one that came with the phone for best results, some of the 3rd party cables are flaky). The first time you plug it in, you'll have to accept a few legal disclaimers but it will automatically "work" the next time you plug it in without any prompting or action by you. It's very convenient, but not for everybody. Definitely try it to see if it will suit your needs. Don't forget you can also press (hold down a couple seconds I believe) the voice command button on your steering wheel to interface with your phone (or at least my Android works that way, hopefully Siri is the same).
Thanks so much for the direction, I will just need to spend some quality time sitting in the car in the garage playing with it. Ill let you guys know how it goes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts