Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been enjoying my FPace, but the little issues do seem to keep coming. I have 6000 miles on it. Just had a check engine light come on with 2 codes p2187 and p2189...cylinder bank 1 and cylinder bank 2 too lean at idle. Anyone else have this issue? Dealership is booked for 2 weeks...and it just spent 2 weeks there getting various TSBs addressed.

Add that to a cracked windshield and non repairable nail in a tire all this weekend makes for a nice trifecta.

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. The first thing I would do is call the dealer and tell him/her the codes you are getting and put them on notice about the issue. If they can't get you in then find another dealer.

Read this article. It should give you a head start into the issue.

ODB Code P2187

·
Registered
28 Posts
LP30,

I used to get the same error code in my turbo Mazda all the time. Was it really cold or very humid? Worst case was cold and humid like snowing at 33 degrees. My son's Mustang with it's cold air intake would also throw the same code when it got over 90% humidity. I think modern engines run so lean that even a small weather change has to be dealt with by the ECM. Probably just a dirty sensor.

F

PS TODAY is the day they are supposed to be building my S!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weather was actually nice. When I pulled the codes, it had registered each one three times before setting the CEL. Still seems to be running fine. Looks like it will be back to the shop.

Good news on your S. I enjoy mine. Glacier white, black out package, jet black interior, oyster Alcantara roof liner with the full option packages, HUD and black 22's. I've had a number of comments in parking lots and gas stations. Even had someone who followed me out of the neighborhood one morning find me to see what it was and tell me they wished their Lexus could accelerate like the F Pace.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankfully it turned out to be an easy fix. An air intake hose had come loose. It also looks like Discount Tire now has the 22s available for order at a considerably lower price than I was quoted elsewhere. Tire Rack still doesn't list them on their site.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CEL with the same codes is back after one restart, so back to the shop. Should have known it couldn't be that easy. Thankfully outside of the dealer the tire was repairable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts