Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been experimenting a lot with everything on the ICTP audio system.

Over the last few days, I've been focused on flogging the CD player and have experienced a few oddities:

1- CD suddenly stopped playing completely out of the blue and then would not respond in any way. No eject either. Required reboot (engine off->exit->lock->wait->unlock->start engine. Then the CD popped right out when eject pressed. (this was the first CD I tried).
2- CD cut out briefly - Disc error message - noticed track counter spinning through tracks...123456789123456789123456789...then regained composure and started playing again. (different CD)
3- When returning to vehicle with CD in player, the Gracenote disc info (cover art / artist details etc.) is not retained and doesn't re-appear unless the disc is ejected and re-inserted. (any CD)

I've only tried about 4 CDs so far. All are standard redbook retail in good condition.

A positive note is that the audio quality is terrific. Noticeably improved over Satellite or MP3. Flac files played directly from USB stick have equally good quality being lossless.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have had all of these scenarios happen. Frustrating

My F-Pace is at the dealer for the rear suspension repair. My service advisor said he thinks the tech has been able to get the CD player working properly but I'm skeptical given that the relevant TOPIx report said Jaguar is still working on a fix

I also have not had any success getting the USB drive to read music

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had all these issues too. Also, some times I will insert a CD and the system does not recognize it. The CD does not start playing and is not displayed as a possible source. Can't eject. I find I have to reset the system which I've done by turning off the car, getting out & locking it. I reported this to my dealer who told me this is a known issue and a software patch is in the works.

I initially had trouble with music on a USB drive, even after formatting the drive as FAT. Instead of getting individual albums (as they were on the USB drive) I would get a single list of all songs. I reformatted the drive (again) and then saw the albums. I was also able to copy to the Hard Drive (go to Media Settings for this) and also erase from the hard drive (also from Media Settings).

One question though - when playing directly from the USB drive there is a soft key (about where the CD rip button would appear when playing a CD). Tapping it brings up a message that says "Creating Playlist" but I can't see what this really does. Is there a way to create custom play lists?

·
Registered
933 Posts
I just got the new 2.5 update (after already getting the super update in November). Unfortunately, I still have CD player issues similar to those described above.

Has anyone seen any Topix bulletins on the CD player problems that I believe many of us have been having? All along, I have assumed that this was a software issue, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's a hardware issue. I hope not because I won't have my dashboard taken apart to replace the CD player.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just went through windshield replacement and bunch of other things including
JTB00527 REPLACE REAR CD DRIVE LINK

However it DID NOT fix the problem described in first post as #1

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
Last time my vehicle was in I reported CD ripping problems, freezing up in mid rip, etc. They did the following Topix item procedure:
11362 Link lead and master controller (IMC) - USB cable renew and also updated IMC per JBT00552 NAS2 InControl Touch Pro without RSE configure IMC.

Basically replaced a USB cable and lead.

I have not yet had a chance to test to see if it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've had my CAT for 4 months and have not even tried using a CD. With Spotify, Google Play, Apple Store and Satellite radio not sure I will ever use a CD again. Sure do miss those 8 track days. >:)

Reactions: P-a Hudon

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Mine was repaired 1/17 under JTB00514NAS1: Replaced digital disc player link lead and reconfigured ICTP. Use it frequently and only messed up twice since repair. For all you audio snobs, I'm slowly putting my large CD collection on flash drives.

Reactions: GRVR and VZX-CO

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
Mine was repaired 1/17 under JTB00514NAS1: Replaced digital disc player link lead and reconfigured ICTP. Use it frequently and only messed up twice since repair. For all you audio snobs, I'm slowly putting my large CD collection on flash drives.

Well a month or so after having same repair finally got around to putting a CD in the drive. Nothing, dead, doesn't know it has a disc in it and can't get it out again. Have to have that checked at annual service. For some reason I'm bound at determined to get my CD collection (which I had to dig out of the back of a closet) ripped into the thing even though I have a flash drive.

·
Registered
933 Posts

Well a month or so after having same repair finally got around to putting a CD in the drive. Nothing, dead, doesn't know it has a disc in it and can't get it out again. Have to have that checked at annual service. For some reason I'm bound at determined to get my CD collection (which I had to dig out of the back of a closet) ripped into the thing even though I have a flash drive.
I would really like a working CD player too. Please let us know what the Stevinson boys have to say at your service appt.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
As of Now , *GR* has a *WORKING CD PLAYER* !!!:D

It has not worked properly since we purchased the vehicle back in Sept. 2016 ! When we took it back to have an ICTP Update in October , they said they worked on the CD problem , but it still did not work ! We had ALL the issues that are stated in the above posts ! We live *2-HOURS* from the dealer , so we didn't make a special trip back !

NOW , fast-forward to THIS WEEK , and we picked-up our F-PACE last night , after dropping it off last Saturday for them to work on Updates & Bulletins and Yearly Maintenance and of course *THE CD PLAYER* , and low & behold we played TWO CD's on the way home last night , without an issue , and played one this morning without an issue !!!:D

The work order states *CD Player INOP* *Perform Checkout , found Bulletin and Re-Flash available for the problem . Performed Bulletin JTB-00527 and Re-Flashed IMC Module assembly . System now operating correctly . 86.94.97 86.51.39 86.98.44.01*
Then under Parts it states *Qty-1 T4A16877 Lead-Link* *Qty-1 T4A16370 Lead-Link* and *Qty-3 Catch*

All I know is *IT'S WORKING NOW* , and that makes *VR* & *GR* very HAPPY !!!;)
And as long as *VR* is HAPPY , the World is a Better Place !!!>:)
THANKS to *Jaguar Annapolis* for helping make the World a Better Place !!!0:)

P.S. And YES , there are those of us out here that *STILL LOVE OUR CD's* !!!:D

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts