Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my S for four months, and, in addition to some of the "standard infotainment problems" experienced by most, I have two new ones ...
Firstly, last week, I placed a CD in the player for the first time. It seemed to load without issue, but I could not find CD Player on the screen from the source menu (only SiriusXM, FM, Phone, etc). In other words, I could not get the CD to play. When I attempted to eject the CD, I got a screen message saying the CD is dirty or defective; clean and try again. But the CD will not eject.
Secondly, when I pull away from a stop or low speed while making a sharp 60-90 degree turn, I experience a front tire scuffing - almost like an old Jeep. This happens especially when the weather is cold. It feels almost as if the front axles are locked. With the drive (?) page selected, I can see that the power is transferring from 100% rear to some percentage to the front. But the tire scuffing and jumping is troubling.
Anyone else experiencing these issues?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
No to #1, haven't played a CD in a car in years.

And no also to #2, although I haven't been in extremely cold weather. When you say it happens when weather is cold, exactly how cold? 45F is cold to me, -45F will be cold to others.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The CD issue is an old problem that has been fixed with the new upgrade to the ICTP system. I assume you haven't had that done yet? The tire issue is something else. I would call it in to your Service Advisor immediately and tell him/her what's going on. Sounds to me like they'll get you in rather quickly to see what's going on with that. I've not heard about anything like this on these threads so it could be just an anomaly with your FP.

·
Super Moderator
1,896 Posts
Are you running 20's or 22's? I know when I take a sharp slow turn in my Vette I get what is called tire skip. Although I have not tried it in my car that would be very typical for larger wider tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. By cold, I mean less than freezing temps. Yesterday was fairly warm and the CD player worked. I have not yet had any updates, and will take the car in soon for them. I have 22's. Will be calling the dealer today to question the tire scuffing issue.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The CD issue is an old problem that has been fixed with the new upgrade to the ICTP system. I assume you haven't had that done yet? The tire issue is something else. I would call it in to your Service Advisor immediately and tell him/her what's going on. Sounds to me like they'll get you in rather quickly to see what's going on with that. I've not heard about anything like this on these threads so it could be just an anomaly with your FP.
I received the "super update" in November, which did NOI fix my CD player issues, and I know I'm not alone. I should be getting the "new" 2.5 update today. That may or may not fix my CD player issues. Currently, about 50% of the time I try to use the CD player, I have problems with it. I don't listen to the CD player often, but I'd still like it to be fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts