Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi FPace forum, how time flies when you're having a pandemic. Anyway, my 2018 30.T Portfolio has been a delight, with fewer gremlins than I assumed it'd have as a Jag.

New problem cropped up today, though. After about 90 minutes of interstate driving, my son took off his shoes and said the carpet was soaked. Sure enough, the entire front passenger footwell was dripping with cool water. My car is garage kept, and hasn't been out in the rain in weeks. So whatever the fluid is must be coming from the car. AC line? Rear windshield sprayer? I searched and couldn't find this problem as one that was previously reported. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
180 Posts
Most likely the A/C drip hose has become disconnected. Not an expensive fix, but probably a trip to the JLR dealer to correct.

·
Registered
255 Posts
As suggested, it could be that the A/C drip hose has become disconnected. But, it's also possible that the line is just clogged and can be blown out with some compressed air.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took the car in on Monday, and they determined the A/C drip hose had to be replaced. They removed the relevant sections of carpet, and kept the car overnight to let everything dry out, then put back together good as new.

They also replaced (for the second time) the VVT solenoids in my engine, even though I'd not flagged that issue for them. Don't know if the engine had thrown a code, it's part of a campaign, or they heard the characteristic strangled pump sounds coming from behind the dash board when they shut the car down. Everything covered under warranty, so no complaints here.

Reactions: Stu and Cat Lady
1 - 4 of 4 Posts