Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F-Pace came with the protection package which includes the rubber cargo mat and the little cargo net on the left side of the rear cargo area. As we know, the cargo mat doesn't fit when the net is installed. I fixed this issue by cutting holes in the mat to allow the two connections that hold the net on the bottom to stick through the rubber mat. Now the mat lays flat under the net. I also cut out the areas over the four tie downs to allow them to be used with the rubber mat now. Jaguar engineers didn't think too much about this rubber mat and cargo net. At least now it looks great and I am able to use the both together.

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Looking good F-Pacer.

Jag really was lost on this bundle. I have same (plus the extended mat for the seat backs when folded). I'd put the net in a drawer, but seeing your pics makes me want to dig it out again. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My F-Pace came with the protection package which includes the rubber cargo mat and the little cargo net on the left side of the rear cargo area. As we know, the cargo mat doesn't fit when the net is installed. I fixed this issue by cutting holes in the mat to allow the two connections that hold the net on the bottom to stick through the rubber mat. Now the mat lays flat under the net. I also cut out the areas over the four tie downs to allow them to be used with the rubber mat now. Jaguar engineers didn't think too much about this rubber mat and cargo net. At least now it looks great and I am able to use the both together.
I got the same but the dealer didn't install the net and told me that I would have to pay for them to install, which means drilling...:nerd:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like that little side net. I bought a large cargo net off of eBay to cover the trunk.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I plan on getting this rubber cargo mat. I understand about drilling some holes for the cargo net, but are you saying that I will need to cut holes for the tie downs as well?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cargo Net

Drilling through the rubber liner makes it difficult to remove for access to the spare / battery / fuses etc. I installed my net slightly higher than the Jaguar (on line) instructions and drilled holes in the side of the trunk liner rather than the trunk floor for the bottom fixings. Works well and allows easy removal of the rubber mat. And yes, you do need to cut out the pre stamped areas for the tie downs to expose them with the rubber mat in place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VTBRIT, your idea is the better way, but my net was already installed before we purchased the vehicle, so I didn't feel like drilling more holes, and decided to cut the holes out of the rubber mat instead.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A bit off topic, but I found it interesting that the spare tire lid is reversible and there is rubber on the underside. So, if you don't have a mat, you can "flip the lid". Seems like an unnecessary "feature" since it doesn't cover the rest of the carpet. I only found out about this from a video review where the reviewer spent a minute gushing about how great this was.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Drilling through the rubber liner makes it difficult to remove for access to the spare / battery / fuses etc. I installed my net slightly higher than the Jaguar (on line) instructions and drilled holes in the side of the trunk liner rather than the trunk floor for the bottom fixings. Works well and allows easy removal of the rubber mat. And yes, you do need to cut out the pre stamped areas for the tie downs to expose them with the rubber mat in place.
Please post a pic if you're able.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Here is a Great Idea , if you just measure that "little tiny" area that you all are so concerned about , then go to Walmart or Target and just get a little plastic container to set right in there and hold your little goodies ! Easy In , Easy Out , and NOOOOOOOOOOO Drilling ! Just a thought ! >:)

Also , I think the Main Advantage to having the "underside" of the Spare Tire Cover being "rubber" is so if you have to put a dirty tire back in there or greasy stuff , then that underside will be easier to keep clean ! It would help out a little bit if you had to reverse it ! Again , just a thought ! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good job you did there!

I originally wanted to get the Jag mats for the back but I am thinking to get matching Pegassus 3D full coverage water proof trunk and front custom fit mats. They look beautiful. Wonder if anyone has gotten those by any chance. They're $214 each set but for me in Michigan it will be worth it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Drilling through the rubber liner makes it difficult to remove for access to the spare / battery / fuses etc. I installed my net slightly higher than the Jaguar (on line) instructions and drilled holes in the side of the trunk liner rather than the trunk floor for the bottom fixings.
Yes, please post pics of your side net mod if you can. Sounds like a great solution.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Couple of pics of my modified install for the storage net. Hope it helps.
That is such an obvious yet great solution, how JLR should have designed it in the first place. On mine, they had already drilled into the floor, but maybe I can modify to this solution. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Couple of pics of my modified install for the storage net. Hope it helps.
Brilliant!!! Thanks for the pics. Maybe you should patent your solution and make JLR pay you for it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Butchered my rubber mat

I cut my rubber mat to better use the luggage rails with the retention kit. I'm ordering another retention kit as they can secure cargo of many shapes plus pin items against the sides:

Keep "hackin'"!

Reactions: RSi

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Hey NVDesertrat ! I never knew that those "Retention Kit Bars" were so darn VERSATILE !!! Thanks for the Pics !

Reactions: NVDesertrat
1 - 20 of 58 Posts