Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As one of the people with the Android ringer issue on ICTP, I know many of you have confirmed that the new [FONT=&quot]NAS3 version of the ICTP 2.5 update has finally corrected this. My dealership is dragging their feet here and tells me that this is not confirmed and the so called Jaguar guru's are confirming this. Can some of you confirm that this is still working and has corrected the Ballistic Ringer issue with Android? Thanks[/FONT]

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
There is a different Topix item specific to the ringer issue and it involves either a patch or reconfiguration, search for it, I posted it last week or so. It is different than the 2.5 NAS3 topix item but some seem to have had either both done at the same time or process of doing NAS3 also resets what was wrong. I have not personally had to do this because I'm Iphone.

Reactions: RJurman1

·
Registered
258 Posts
As one of the people with the Android ringer issue on ICTP, I know many of you have confirmed that the new [FONT=&quot]NAS3 version of the ICTP 2.5 update has finally corrected this. My dealership is dragging their feet here and tells me that this is not confirmed and the so called Jaguar guru's are confirming this. Can some of you confirm that this is still working and has corrected the Ballistic Ringer issue with Android? Thanks[/FONT]
I have Android and the issue has been corrected with the latest update. On the way to the auto show with my wife in the car the phone rang. She was not sure what it was as she had never heard the phone ring without both of us going through the roof.

·
Registered
154 Posts
finally working OK for me, too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got mine back yesterday after having the latest update and it fixed the loud ring issue. Interestingly I checked the software version and it still shows the revision and date from when I had the super update in mid November. Is this normal?

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
No one has ever shown that that screen truly shows the actual ICTP revision level despite the appearance that it does.

Good to hear ringer solved.

Reactions: JMB

·
Registered
80 Posts
We had an android phone and had the ringer screeching problem. I know there is a fix, but I haven't had another reason to bring her in for service, so I was waiting. In the meantime, my wife got a new Samsung S8 and all of a sudden no more screeching! Not sure why but I'll take it. I may not even mention doing the update during service - no reason for them to screw up something else when doing the fix, right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the latest ICTP update and it did not fix the issue with my galaxy S7 running Android 6.x. However, after I got an android system update to 7.0 the issue went away. I think Android separated out the volume control from being somewhat tied to the media player to being separate volumes again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts