Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Jaguar not offer carbon fiber bezels for the hood vents on the SVR ?
Mine is somewhere on a ship on the Atlantic - supposed to take delivery 7/5.
Ultra Blue with Sienna Tan interior & every option except activity key and black wheels

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Not that I've been able to find. Not that I would swap them, the color of those vents go with all the grey trim. I would like to make that trim a different color, or all Carbon Fiber, but nothing around for that yet.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Not that I've been able to find. Not that I would swap them, the color of those vents go with all the grey trim. I would like to make that trim a different color, or all Carbon Fiber, but nothing around for that yet.
Could I suggest all-black ;)

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Could I suggest all-black ;)
Well I have one problem with black. That is that it would make the tire to fender gap seem bigger. I've done mockups in Illustrator and I don't like the look. I think making the arches the color of the car, and the rest of the trim black may work, but I haven't decided yet and that is why I haven't done anything! Plus, I'm beginning to think maybe I just leave this thing the way it is since I think Jag did a pretty good job overall and keeping it stock might be good for an SVR, other than the wheels. Note I still do have the stock SVR wheels with their tires in the basement (25 miles on them). LOL

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Would love to see that done. May inspire me to do plunk down the money to do the same.

·
Registered
344 Posts
OP ordered exactly what I was originally looking for. nobody seemed to have a 2019 in that config and didn't want to wait for a 2020. Did you take delivery yesterday?

Maybe talk to arden. They do some custom work on many vehicles including the regular f-pace. I bet they could come up with something nice for the SVR. expect to be in the range of 4-10k+ depending on what's being done.
not at all a fan of either lowered one they have/had for sale, but this one looks kind of neat, or at least unique in those trim areas.

https://www.arden.de/en/fahrzeug-markt/arden-en/arden-jaguar-f-pace-aj-25/

down the road I'd probably consider a pulley upgrade and will be ditching the all-seasons once they wear out, but for now 550 hp and regular grey trim is fine haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
I 100% agree with you. The grey ones are fine. And if you buy black they'll eventually turn black...lol
Carbon fiber will poorly stand out if you only change the hood vents. This is a well thought out vehicle. Even my stock SVR rims are only for an SVR. It's gonna be tough to modify and look classy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Meant to say if you buy black, they'll eventually turn grey; that is if you live in areas of the country where it's hot for longer periods of the year. Like southern Texas.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Mean to say if you buy black, they'll eventually turn grey.
Just for future reference , you have up to 24-hours to EDIT your post !
See where your post says #9 8-hours ago !
Right beside that , you will see the word edit for 24-hours , and then it disappears !
Just click on the word edit , make whatever changes you wish , and then click SAVE !:)
After 24-hours , your words are written in stone !!!;):cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Mrscene ; silver sounds good, let me know how that turns out long term. I liked the carbon fiber idea, but it would seem that other areas would also require the same carbon fiber look. Then, you'd be getting into a lot of cash, as well as possibly devaluing your SVR.

·
Registered
2020 SVR
11 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread. Anyone see anything on the market to replace the SVR Hood Louvers? Let's be honest, they look like crap compared to F-Type options.

- Steve

·
Registered
181 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread. Anyone see anything on the market to replace the SVR Hood Louvers? Let's be honest, they look like crap compared to F-Type options.

- Steve
all my grey parts and vents have been sprayed black which do look much better , the cost of tooling for the vents would cost thousands, the best thing to do would be to get them carbon dipped looks would be just as good as real fully carbon at a fraction of the costs

·
Registered
2020 SVR
11 Posts
Thanks. Yep - mine are black as well. There are tons of aftermarket options including true CF for the F-Type and nearly every other vehicle with factory vents - so I was just checking to see if anyone found them. Never thought of having them hydro-dipped - of course then I would have a lot of parts to dip so it looks more cohesive!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts