Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
have noticed for some time that the car is pulling to the right, have it aligned at the dealer, but they can't fix the problem, and are now waiting for a solution from the factory in uk
anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Has it always done this since new, or started recently? Are you 100% sure it's not the tires following the road "crown" (slight slope which lets rain water run off to the sides/shoulder of the road)?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Interesting. I'm in the US and my SVR seems at time to lightly pull to the left on highways. You going to the right and me going to the left would kind of make sense in that in each county the crown of the road is on the opposite sides of the car. With the wide tires on the front it will want to move to the crown a little bit. Especially if the road is worn out a bit. At least that is my take.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is a service bulletin about bad cv and hubs on f pace. My svr is brand new and I heard a clicking sound a very low speed. Turns out both front are defective and just got replaced. Reading the tsb people report either noises or the car pulling one direction or the other

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Hmmmm I may need to get that looked at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
car is now 4 months was only noticeable after two months. Get what you mean by the curvature of the road, but it also does it when I drive on the other side of the road. After 2 weeks I have to bring it in for a week, and then they will do tests in consultation with the factory.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 2020 SVR. It is the only car I have ever had in my life that really goes straight. I live in florida, lots of roads have a crown to them and no curbs or gutters. The car goes straight. If they are giving you the "they all do that" thing they are wrong. My car has the Pirelli scorpion tires that it came with and I set the tire pressure to 37 with the car set on light load.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2020 SVR. It is the only car I have ever had in my life that really goes straight. I live in florida, lots of roads have a crown to them and no curbs or gutters. The car goes straight. If they are giving you the "they all do that" thing they are wrong. My car has the Pirelli scorpion tires that it came with and I set the tire pressure to 37 with the car set on light load.
ok, that might be the problem, my tire pressure is 2.9 bar or 42 ppsi...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm having issues too. When I hold my wheel dead even the car pulls right. The dealer has no idea how to align a car like this properly as they are used to working on land rovers all day. I brought it to my independent shop and placed tape on the dash and lined it up with tape on the wheel to show him where I want the steering set...... Held like that for a couple days after he did it but it's back to it's previous issue of running to the right.....since the car was new over a year ago the steering feel has gotten less linear in feel.....maybe it's all in my head but I'm glad someone else has described this.

What have you heard of the cv joints issues?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey
have noticed for some time that the car is pulling to the right, have it aligned at the dealer, but they can't fix the problem, and are now waiting for a solution from the factory in uk
anyone else had this problem?
Did they aknowlege the issue and agree that there is a problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did they aknowlege the issue and agree that there is a problem?
Yes they recognize the problem, they aligned the car to the exact regulations, but it still works.
on November 1st I have to bring it back in and then they will try to find out what the problem is with someone from the factory in London.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts