Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully paired an Apple Watch to the F-PACE InControl Touch Multi-media system? I start the process, it shows me the same confirmation number on the watch and on InControl screen, I press continue on both but it always says fail or try again. What am I doing wrong? I have an Apple Watch 4 with watchOS 5.3. I was able to pair my iPhone without issues. I want to pair my watch so that I can make handsfree calls and listen to music/podcasts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you heard that this is possible? I have tried that on 3 different cars and I think it is an Apple watch thing and not a ICTP issue.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I haven't tried that yet, I'm guessing you mean for stuff like radio/sirius etc. But if you pair your phone to car and watch to phone, you can use the watch to control most things that your phone is doing (e.g. carplay, streaming, phone calls, etc). I do it all the time to skip songs and decline calls. Though it's a little more distracting than just using the buttons on the steering wheel/ictp screen.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I use my Apple Watch to start my car it’s a 2019, I have my watched paired to my phone that’s how app gets on the watch. Are you saying your trying to pair your watch directly to the car like your phone ? you can make calls and play pod cast with your phone,

DP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you heard that this is possible? I have tried that on 3 different cars and I think it is an Apple watch thing and not a ICTP issue.
Good question. I haven't seen anything that says Apple Watch won't work. To me, Bluetooth is Bluetooth. it should connect like any other Bluetooth device.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use my Apple Watch to start my car it’s a 2019, I have my watched paired to my phone that’s how app gets on the watch. Are you saying your trying to pair your watch directly to the car like your phone ? you can make calls and play pod cast with your phone,

DP
I do the same. My Apple Watch is paired with my iPhone and the InControl app is on my Apple Watch. My iPhone is paired with the car so I can make calls, listen to audio...No issues here. But I don't always want to lug my iPhone around. So I want to connect my Apple Watch to my car so that I can make hands-free calls and listen to stuff. I have the Apple Watch Cellular so I don't need my iPhone all the time. If I can pair my Bose wireless Bluetooth headphones to my Apple Watch when I'm in the gym (without my phone), why can't I do the same with the InControl Touch? is Bluetooth is Bluetooth, no?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I guess you are trying to pair your watch to your car to play music? I haven't found a need for this, since I always have my phone with me and the watch while driving the car. As such with the phone connected through cable using CarPlay, I can control the music with the Now Playing app on the watch, but I haven't found a need to stream music from the watch since I always have the phone with me and it works so well.

Yes I also can start the car from the watch, but that doesn't always work. It seems starting from the phone with my new 2019 works 95% of the time, where as tryin it from the watch (which communicates through the phone - so the phone has to be close and connected) only works 50% of the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess you are trying to pair your watch to your car to play music? I haven't found a need for this, since I always have my phone with me and the watch while driving the car. As such with the phone connected through cable using CarPlay, I can control the music with the Now Playing app on the watch, but I haven't found a need to stream music from the watch since I always have the phone with me and it works so well.

Yes I also can start the car from the watch, but that doesn't always work. It seems starting from the phone with my new 2019 works 95% of the time, where as trying it from the watch (which communicates through the phone - so the phone has to be close and connected) only works 50% of the time.
Yes, I want to play music and podcasts from my Apple Watch when in my car. But it's also to make hands-free calls directly from my Apple Watch. I think the need is pretty obvious and I'm surprised that this issue has not come up before. With an Apple Watch + cellular, you basically have a cellphone on your wrist. I don't always want to carry my iPhone with me. When I'm in the car, I want to be able to use the Apple Watch the same way I use my iPhone. Pairing the Apple Watch to the InControl Touch system seems completely logical to me and I see no reason why it wouldn't work since it's Bluetooth. But I can't seem to pair these two devices.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes, I want to play music and podcasts from my Apple Watch when in my car. But it's also to make hands-free calls directly from my Apple Watch. I think the need is pretty obvious and I'm surprised that this issue has not come up before. With an Apple Watch + cellular, you basically have a cellphone on your wrist. I don't always want to carry my iPhone with me. When I'm in the car, I want to be able to use the Apple Watch the same way I use my iPhone. Pairing the Apple Watch to the InControl Touch system seems completely logical to me and I see no reason why it wouldn't work since it's Bluetooth. But I can't seem to pair these two devices.

Have you tried deleting the phone from the car as well as the car from your phone bluetooth connections, turning the car off and locking it for at least 30 mins.Then start the process to reestablish the connections. may be it's worth a try, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Totally get the connected nature of the Apple Watch. I have a Series 4 and use streaming all the time on it when I ride my bike and don't take my phone. However, when I"m in the car, I'm always going somewhere where I will eventually require my pbone, plus the Apple Watch doesn't really do well with apps I use often such as email. I think Apple considers the apply watch streaming a necessity why exercising, or at the beach, but I believe they expect that you will pretty much always have your phone with you in the car. Plus, I always use CarPlay in the car, therefore, I need the phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts